Hello Guest

Author Topic: Anyone ever replace seat foam?  (Read 1178 times)

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
Anyone ever replace seat foam?
« on: July 28, 2015, 06:46:57 AM »
The Zombie Ford has bench seats front and rear.  The front bench is great for a regular cab truck or for a country music song where your girl can slide on over.  But for me it's annoying. I can't reach into the back to get things, I lose all the storage I could have in a console, and my girl doesn't listen to country. 

I scored some bronco bucket seat brackets off eBay and a couple explorer seats off Craigslist and I'm going to put them in the truck.   The seats are dirty but pretty good condition except for the foam in the left butt cheek area on the drivers side.  It's wore down and tore.  I thought about putting the passenger side on the drivers side but then the recline handle would be in the wrong place.   I can live with it but just figured I'd see if anyone has ever done such a thing.  I see replacement seat foam on eBay for some seats.  Just don't know if it's worth it.  I only have $50 in the pair of seats so I could spend a little money on them.  Or I can find a better seat sometime down the road.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone ever replace seat foam?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 10:36:46 AM »
Poor, incorrect choice! :)

Keep the bench seat and the country song and the pretty girl ;)

CM (Continue mission) 8)
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 11:05:12 AM »
keep your bench seat and get you one of these.  https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=f350+bench+seat+console 
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 12:38:22 PM »
upholstery tools are helpful but not required. The little staple clip things suck but it's really just a matter of removing the retaining clips and rolling back the cloth. replace with new foam, (I would cut to fit from generic upholstery foam to keep cost down) but hog ring pliers at the least would be worth the investment.

robbed this from fullsize bronco forum:

Cost me $20, but got enough to do both seats twice over. The special glue will run you $5.00 and last you for 15 projects. The hog ring pliers were $10 IIRC and a box of 100 hog rings were way less.

I cut three pieces per seat. One for the middle, and one for each side bolster area. Just try them first, shoot the glue on both seat and foam bits and stick em' on. Slip the cover back over and hog ring em' back on.

Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal