Hello Guest

Author Topic: Self Extinction - you can't make this crap up  (Read 3056 times)

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
Self Extinction - you can't make this crap up
« on: February 16, 2017, 09:40:49 AM »
not only is a race actively aiding in its own extinction, but now we got 'Christians' doing it too.

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/31221/

A Christian university in Texas has created a prayer room for its Muslim students.

The Methodist-affiliated McMurry University dedicated the space in one of the school’s residential dorms for its Muslim students’ daily prayers.

“Being Christians, we should be open to free religion and letting everyone do what they want to do and I think the Muslim prayer room gives them that chance,” student Hector Flores told BigCountry.com.

aside from not being able to comprehend evil, i cannot fathom the sheer stupidity of people.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 09:45:02 AM by stewie »
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Self Extinction - you can't make this crap up
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 11:25:40 AM »
That student needs to answer this question; "if we as Americans are open to freedom of religion, and 'letting people do what they want to do' should we not then have a prayer room for every faith?" Ask yourself why you are catering to a single religion that is the only one demanding it of you. I would bet he couldn't answer it.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 11:37:33 AM »
That student needs to answer this question; "if we as Americans are open to freedom of religion, and 'letting people do what they want to do' should we not then have a prayer room for every faith?" Ask yourself why you are catering to a single religion that is the only one demanding it of you. I would bet he couldn't answer it.

why are muslims in a "christian" school? unless it's intentional to try and 'change' it. they did the same thing @ some military academy in SC a few years back.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 11:50:31 AM »
That's a better question. why were they accepted in the first place? affirmative action.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 12:01:17 PM »
I continue to be astonished at how ignorant so many are. The whole "Religion of Peace" BS is literally astonishing to me. People have bought that lie hook line and sinker. And they have to contort themselves like pretzels to explain why Muslims continue to kill, maim, rape, blow themselves and others up but still claim its a peaceful religion. Some times I want to stick my head through a wall. The utter hypocrisy of the left who claims to be pro-woman but doesn't give a bleep one about honor killings, what happens to rape victims or the fact that in many Muslim countries women just continue to be property no different than a pair of old shoes. It starts in academia telling lies to kids and that's how we end up with crap like this.  :angry:

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 02:00:21 PM »
I would love to agree with you ^^^ but I think it actually starts at home. Why would you pay $$ to a college that try to teach that BS? I have had many conversations with my kids both in College and High School that if they ever hear any of this liberal stuff to let me know and also what to do themselves.

As Don mentioned above... I came from very humble means as well... my kids know that and they have had a consistent example of what "White Privilege" is.... it is called the Privilege of long hours, the Privilege of holding down multiple jobs, the Privilege of minimal to eat, the Privilege of STAYCATIONS..(LOL), the Privilege of being honest and respectful, oh... and most important, the Privilege of HARD WORK...  :beercheers:

Then again... I didn't pick my parents very well either... they could have been Rockefeller's...
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 04:25:19 PM »
Dang, THAT'S where I messed up! I shouldn't have picked blue collar parents either. Man where's that white privilege time machine.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 06:11:44 PM »
I would love to agree with you ^^^ but I think it actually starts at home.

I think the ignorance to what is going on starts at home with parents who don't ask and are not informed enough to know right from wrong themselves. I challenge our local schools on stuff all the time. I was referring to the actual "teaching" that Islam is a Religion of Peace which happens a lot in the schools. But if parents are lazy there's all sorts of nonsense that can be "taught".  :angry:

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 06:44:56 PM »
I would love to agree with you ^^^ but I think it actually starts at home.

I think the ignorance to what is going on starts at home with parents who don't ask and are not informed enough to know right from wrong themselves. I challenge our local schools on stuff all the time. I was referring to the actual "teaching" that Islam is a Religion of Peace which happens a lot in the schools. But if parents are lazy there's all sorts of nonsense that can be "taught".  :angry:

this is a "christian" college that is pandering to muslims. the religion that want to exterminate Christianity. there is something really backwards about that.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 08:17:14 PM »
feelings make you stupid.

These kids have sooo much heart.....and little brains.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2017, 12:27:31 AM »

this whole world is run on emotion instead of facts, logic and common sense.

Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline Superwhdm

• I'm a super welder husband dad man!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2017, 08:01:34 AM »

this whole world is run on emotion instead of facts, logic and common sense.

Agreed ^^^
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural
Early morning or late night-Early Morning
Hard work or Easy Work-Smart Work

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2017, 08:35:52 AM »
First this is only my opinion.

I was born & raised in a small Methodist Church in Indiana. My mother still attends one in fact and I have joined her over the years for funerals and Christmas events there.

It has been my belief for at the very minimum of the last ten years that Christ is not the center of that Church. So I can hardly say I am surprised. I personally believe a lot of our old standard denominations have fallen into for the lack of a better word disrepair.

It is my belief after attending many different services & denominations you will not find Christ in these "houses of worship". You may then ask the same question many I'm sure have and that is what is a leader such as myself of my house to do?

The answer is that you lead by example in your house. You have Christ in your heart & you gather with like minded individuals in places such as here or locally where we can make each other better.

I for one am a better Christian today because of relationships I have built with people I have met here with this group of men. These relationships although distant have helped me immensely in my daily walk.

Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 05:49:34 PM »
if you think about it, THIS right here is a form of "church" for many of us. we talk, share lessons, edify and support one another, contribute to worthy causes, and hopefully all take away something of worth to share with our friends and family and improve our lives and the lives of those around us, all while fellowshipping.

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 06:03:49 PM »
if you think about it, THIS right here is a form of "church" for many of us. we talk, share lessons, edify and support one another, contribute to worthy causes, and hopefully all take away something of worth to share with our friends and family and improve our lives and the lives of those around us, all while fellowshipping.

Amen!
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2017, 09:37:53 PM »

I so agree with you. I do let my feelings get a bit carried away at times while posting, and do not have the knowledge of most on here, but really feel good about this site and the people on it.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2017, 08:39:46 AM »

I so agree with you. I do let my feelings get a bit carried away at times while posting, and do not have the knowledge of most on here, but really feel good about this site and the people on it.
Bob,
I think you or anyone can trust the others on this site. Its the way with the community of believers. We all have a common ground, a bedrock that each one of us is anchored in, that being Jesus. Each of us has the holy spirit dwelling within.

He (Holy Spirit) is the great averager of men. He works with common denominators. Those being" Knows Jesus, Loves God, Loves the word, has the messenger living inside, loves good, and hates what is evil, and so forth." With that stuff, we are all equal. Phil may be a rocket scientist (engineer), and I may be a house wife, but through the averaging, we are equals. Neither is the better, only different. Not Forest Gump different, but differing with respect to the gifts. Now although we can all agree that I may arguably be the better looking of this sorry lot, I am no better than the lowly ones, like Shawn, for example.

Make sense? You can be open because we'ze all brothers and sistas' here. No king duck buddy walk amongst us here! Nope, just some individual conglomerations of various chemicals and DNA's, (Some more primitive in nature than others), some water, and one pretty cool holy spirit, a little sticky stuff, and gravity binding it all together.

So say what you want, and like as in with church, actually be heard!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 07:58:24 PM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2017, 03:07:15 PM »
Nice one Boss^^^

(except the part of being the better looking one)
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2017, 05:32:27 PM »
Nice one Boss^^^

LOL!

:popcorn:
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2017, 07:56:12 PM »
Nice one Boss^^^

Kenneth,

Actually I can prove it!

I check every morning, assuming I had an actual beauty sleep. Normally I will wake up just a little better lookin' than the day before!

I know, sounds crazy, but I can clearly see it. Today it was a small area just aft of my right eye. Small one millimeter size area was definitely a little better lookin' that before

So see, There's your proof! ;-)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2017, 08:14:59 PM »
Remember Don, beauty is only a light switch away....
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2017, 08:39:13 PM »
Nice one Boss^^^

Kenneth,

Actually I can prove it!

I check every morning, assuming I had an actual beauty sleep. Normally I will wake up just a little better lookin' than the day before!

I know, sounds crazy, but I can clearly see it. Today it was a small area just aft of my right eye. Small one millimeter size area was definitely a little better lookin' that before

So see, There's your proof! ;-)

Don, I thought I was noticing the same phenomenon taking place in my mirror, then I realized my glasses weren't on.........
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2017, 09:55:37 PM »

I think this is really accurate. We tend to think of a church as the building itself, but what happens when the building burns down or is somehow damaged? The people meet in the parking lot or in some small commercial space and guess what....the same praying and Christian behavior occurs....the "church" is the shared discussions, prayers and beliefs of the people. And for that, with threads like this one, or any of the threads we have here, make this no less a church in my mind. It's a wonderful thing imo.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2017, 11:09:25 AM »

I think this is really accurate. We tend to think of a church as the building itself, but what happens when the building burns down or is somehow damaged? The people meet in the parking lot or in some small commercial space and guess what....the same praying and Christian behavior occurs....the "church" is the shared discussions, prayers and beliefs of the people. And for that, with threads like this one, or any of the threads we have here, make this no less a church in my mind. It's a wonderful thing imo.
Concur. I like it too and for those reasons

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2017, 11:36:47 AM »
a church is not 4 walls. for years we didnt go to "church" because inside those 4 walls were often times petty politics and loads of hypocrisy. i've only recently begun going back to church.

i grew up in heavy legalism and didnt escape it until 2007. i will employ all methods to avoid that sort of nonsense
Equal Opportunity Hater

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal