Hello Guest

Author Topic: Tornado  (Read 1414 times)

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
Tornado
« on: February 21, 2017, 08:38:31 AM »
So it was confirm late yesterday that an EF2 touched down just south of where i live. It was one scary early morning yesterday. We got a little roof damage. our neighbors 2 miles to south - much much worse.

we got power back late last night.

please keep the taylor/thrall tx are in prayer.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Tornado
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 08:55:07 AM »
Wilco!

Anyone hurt?

Any livestock destroyed?

This just gave me an idea.

We should have a diaster relief fund here at Real Man. I'll throw in the first $100.

And NO I am not asking for any donations, this place isn't like that. But my thinking is that faith is exercised/proven through works. The giving of money (And I am feeling convicted here) is one of those big personal tests. Having said that, we should probably set aside a chunk of change to help people in need. If something like this happens and a member of this forum becomes aware of a family wh is genuinely in need, then we would find a name, then send a check to the sheriff of that area with the family's name listed as the payee. Assuming mail systems and phones and the like would be unserviceable, the Sheriff would be the best avenue to get help out there

Now I'm thinkin'
We could collect the money and save it like we do with the Christmas gifting thing. Then when an event occurs I could appoint a board of members, say moderators or frequent members like Sam to decide what to do. Yea, I could create a board of say, five moderators or appointees to make the call, then I would do what they decided to do with the RM money.

That make sense or just another of Don's dumb ideas?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 09:46:06 AM »
we drove around and asked if anyone needed help - it seems instead of looting and destroying this everyone was helping and working together. We even had friends ask to come out and help us. aside from some roof damage our property was unharmed. even a pile of metal i had our front to get to the dump didnt really budge.

our friends who live 30 mins south had their whole pool house destroyed as well as horse fencing so their horses got out. down the road, lots of ripped up roofs, knocked down structures, flipped camper. a train was tipped off the tracks, too.

i think your idea is a good one. When i owned and ran a forum we did stuff like that to help families of members in need.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 12:18:21 PM »
stewie glad you got through relatively unscathed. Tornados are scary things. Hope your friends get stuff put back together okay and hope the horses were okay. Tough for livestock in something like that for sure.

Don I like the idea.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 01:31:02 PM »
That's two for the idea, well three with me

Let me see how much of a response the idea gets.

I am always good for $100 if needed, my cigarette and whiskey money!
(Well actually not...More like my spare cashola I was saving to fix something else that was going to break down on the farm)

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 05:49:06 PM »
Stewy, glad you guys came out ok. Living in the tornado alley of Alabama, I've been through a few 'nados, and they aren't fun.

Don, I like the idea of a relief fund for members.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 07:48:29 PM »
Dat's four!

^^ cj7ox gets that...

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 08:23:58 PM »
I make 5 - good idea as most are!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Superwhdm

• I'm a super welder husband dad man!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 09:33:49 PM »
This would be a little along the lines of Medi-share.  Its a Christian based shared account for members who need expensive medical treatment.  Ever heard of it?  Heard about it recently on one of my conservative talk XM radio stations.

Good Idea by the way, count me in.
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural
Early morning or late night-Early Morning
Hard work or Easy Work-Smart Work

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 09:59:46 AM »
This would be a little along the lines of Medi-share.  Its a Christian based shared account for members who need expensive medical treatment.  Ever heard of it?  Heard about it recently on one of my conservative talk XM radio stations.

my wife was a member of one last year. it worked well until it came time to submit receipts. :)
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 10:34:18 AM »
I like it.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 11:00:32 AM »

My sister participates in the medi-share program

Good deal for believers

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 11:03:10 AM »
Dat's four!

^^ cj7ox gets that...

I'm in..  :cool:
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 11:05:04 AM »
OK, have six or seven interested in the emergency fund thing, i'd say let's "Season" the idea a bit longer. Everyone pray over this...For God's will to be done, not mine or ours, unless it aligns with the word and will of our Lord.

I see the same folks volunteering every time, and that's fine, ultimately, though I'd like to see the guests join in instead of watching from the stands.

Reminds me of the Sunday go to meeting folks who are Christians for half a day a week...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 11:06:01 AM by Flyin6 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal