Hello Guest

Author Topic: Water Moccasins, fermentation and the simmering Chicken's lives matter movement  (Read 6388 times)

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
so my hens ate the samples... but refused to eat it after i decided to invest the $ into large quantities of this food. I tried to ease them into it, but the power of their old food was too strong.

they would not eat. they went on hunger strike. They waited me out. the saw i was weakening. I folded. They will remain on their current layer feed.

This morning they poured out of the hen house like angry rioters and immediately started to loot and pillage the food. they then proceeded to organize and chase me out of the area.

however i am now fermenting that food they wont eat in regular form. They're eating it now that it's got alcohol in it.

So now i have tipsy chickens looking to overthrow the strong man.

Damnit, start laying eggs already!

And now to other matters. My neighbor messaged me yesterday. she stepped on a water moccasin den near out boundary fence which confirms that we have said snakes on our property. Wonderful.

I am going to be burning everything now.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Scorched Earth Baby!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
she stepped on a water moccasin den .

I assume she fared well from that step?
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
yeah. shes ok. they scurried to her tank.... which is connected via stream to ours.  :undecided:

stewie this coming weekend:

Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
git r done!
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
How long have you had chickens? As I recall it took them a bit to get accustomed to new surroundings & start laying.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
How long have you had chickens? As I recall it took them a bit to get accustomed to new surroundings & start laying.

they're 4.5 months old. raised em from little weeee chicks.

in general i think there is a conspiracy with every animal that we have to see me suffer and or die.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
4.5 months is a little soon iirc....what breed are they? I had barred rocks and ri reds...the larger breeds start later than the white leg horns etc.

+100 on fire for the water moccasins. Yeesh. I frigging hate snakes even though we don't really have any poisonous ones around here and I know they're good for catching rodents and such. If I had poisonous ones I'd prolly be calling Don to see if I could borrow Sarge AND I'd mount a flamethrower on the front.

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
4.5 months is a little soon iirc....what breed are they? I had barred rocks and ri reds...the larger breeds start later than the white leg horns etc.

+100 on fire for the water moccasins. Yeesh. I frigging hate snakes even though we don't really have any poisonous ones around here and I know they're good for catching rodents and such. If I had poisonous ones I'd prolly be calling Don to see if I could borrow Sarge AND I'd mount a flamethrower on the front.

i know they're not ready yet, i am just ranting because they've yet to pay back my monumental investment in them. they just protest.

i hate snakes, too. we have rattlers out here and now that the mocassins have been confirmed, it's scorched earth. worse then how i treat fire ants. far worse.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile

i know they're not ready yet, i am just ranting because they've yet to pay back my monumental investment in them. they just protest.

I get that! Kind of like kids....ha!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
all of you girls are really that scared of snakes.....................
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
I'm not scared Nate....not when I'm hiding in a tree throwing hand grenades.... :shocked: :cheesy:

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

all of you girls are really that scared of snakes.....................
Nate, if you are still in Lacey, they are not talking about those little garden snakes up there. And yes I don't even like those little buggers. Lawn mower 10+ snakes 0. I would rather spray for bugs than have those slimy things around.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Well, my wife isn't fond of snakes & she really doesn't like them in her kitchen.

My oldest was 6 or 7 at the time & it was our first spring at the farm. Her & her sister were down near the pond as I was mowing & caught a garter snake by its tail that was about 16" long.

So they flag me down & I go over to inspect their catch. Which I have to admit I was impressed those girls weren't afraid of it. So with out missing a beat I told them they did a good job. In the very next sentence I said you know who really likes snakes? They asked who and I told them their Mom did! Well, needless to say she didn't like them in her kitchen.......

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
guys, I have delt with more rattlers and water moccasins living in and around southwestern Oklahoma and in and around FT. Bliss / White Sands Missile Range training areas than you could even dream of, in saying that, I have just learned to identify them from a distance.  rattle snake meat is pretty gamie......
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
big difference between a small garden snake and a water moccasin. It's supposed to rain all weekend, so my plan to burn everything down and then give the chickens little flashlights and 1911 and send them down into the holes may be put on hold.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
HAHAHAHAHAHA this!! ^^^

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
^^^Air Force Warrior???
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
Ha, ha - chicks with guns!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
more like

i need to brief them on their mission, but i am having a hard time finding pics of water mocassin's dressed like viet cong. they may get confused and pillage my pig's little hidey hole.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
Hey, take it easy on the Air Force. I know I'm the minority here, so isn't this supposed to be a safe space?   :embarrassed:

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Safe space is the sq d thread, well for everyone except Don & he has no expectation of safety so all is good.

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
i feel so outa place here now.....y'all have your own little clique
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
On the contrary; you've been "made, brought in, indoctrinated, inducted, fellowshipped, welcomed". You've been DOT'ed :beercheers:

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
Ha, ha - chicks with guns!

Great, now that reminds me of Cows with Guns... gonna have it stuck in my head all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQMbXvn2RNI
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
Hey, take it easy on the Air Force. I know I'm the minority here, so isn't this supposed to be a safe space?   :embarrassed:

Leave it to the Air Farce snowflake to speak up about "safe spaces". SMH. LOL!  :knucklehead:

BTW, in case you haven't broken the code, this was what is called friendly ribbing in accordance with inter-service rivalry traditions. IOW, just kidding. LOL
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
Now that the interservice ribbing has begun, then I will have to take the gloves off and start using multi-syllable (long)words on the rest of you.  :cool:

In all honesty, the best times I had while I was in were when I was joint service in Turkey and Saudi. Best teamwork and comraderie I've ever experienced. Followed closely by replying with the Brits to Afghanistan when I was contracting with NATO.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 01:57:38 PM by dave945 »

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
Stewie, you brought this on yourself :rolleyes: talking about scorched earth and tunnel rat chickens with all these military guys around. now you're going to have to appeal to Don to fire some of them so you can get back to killin snakes and making awesome chicken coops. Say, feel like making a trip out this way and building one for me on the backside of the house? Dungeness crab and Salmon for your troubles??

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
Now that the interservice ribbing has begun, then I will have to take the gloves off and start using multi-syllable (long)words on the rest of you.  :cool:

In all honesty, the best times I had while I was in were when I was joint service in Turkey and Saudi. Best teamwork and comraderie I've ever experienced. Followed closely by replying with the Brits to Afghanistan when I was contracting with NATO.

LOL! Yeah, the airdale FACs we had in the IZ were outstanding. The only AF guys I tend to have issue with are the F-16 drivers. Arrogant, and useless. LOL! On the topic of multi-syllabic language, bring it! I is a college professemer! LOL
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
The jtac's are just jealous that they can't be as cool as Army FISTERS.....

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
I'm gunn start talking to everyone here in JavaScript.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Stewie, you brought this on yourself :rolleyes: talking about scorched earth and tunnel rat chickens with all these military guys around. now you're going to have to appeal to Don to fire some of them so you can get back to killin snakes and making awesome chicken coops. Say, feel like making a trip out this way and building one for me on the backside of the house? Dungeness crab and Salmon for your troubles??

Hey now, I was never offered salmon & crab....... :huh:

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hey, I'm Armee!

You know the deal, Air Force

No mercy...ever...

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Now for the funny part

Even though I was an Army Pilot, while I wore a uniform, I never once went to war under Army command!

Nope, each time I was assigned/cut to AFSOC (Air Force Special Operations Command)

Go figure...And never got a joint service ribbon...! Man I was ripped off!

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Go figure...And never got a joint service ribbon...! Man I was ripped off!

Don you should be part of a protected class. I bet you could get Nancy Pelosi or Maine Waters to take up the fight for ya....

Hahaha. Lemme know how it works out for ya... :popcorn:

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Nah, I think ol al sharpton is more Dons style...... :shocked:

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Nah, I think ol al sharpton is more Dons style...... :shocked:

Young fat Tawana Brawley Shapton in the leisure suit and gold chains or old emaciated Biafran refugee Al Shapton? Hahaha

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
another thread derailed.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Post a pic of a dead snake and it'll get back in track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
here's a rattler that choked on a lizard.

we found this in the remnants from some bush's and cacti we removed from our yard.

kinda un nerving that those snakes are/were so close to the house.

Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Now that's pretty cool. We have plenty of snakes out this way, if you ever feel like you don't have enough.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
Now that's pretty cool. We have plenty of snakes out this way, if you ever feel like you don't have enough.

no, im fine. you can keep 'em.

i remember during a mt bike ride i am on a trail and this monster decided to slither across the trail about 15 feet in front of me. Not sure what the species was but it was big.

not. cool.
Equal Opportunity Hater

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal