Hello Guest

Author Topic: 150,000 boots on ground in Syria  (Read 2063 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
150,000 boots on ground in Syria
« on: April 09, 2017, 12:07:46 PM »
Why you may ask? Because of the children of course! :rolleyes:

http://livingresistance.com/2017/04/09/breaking-trump-national-security-adviser-wants-150000-troops-syria/

Seriously, guy campaigns & wins on nationalist platform. Little over two months later we're throwing down cruise missiles in another country. Sorry, can't see the logic in this. Let Russia have their pipeline to the new muzloidistan (what used to be Europe) & let's worry about the homeland.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: 150,000 boots on ground in Syria
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 12:59:22 PM »
Freaking THIS.

He's doing the exact opposite of what he said he'd do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 02:48:11 PM »
I understand the source for this article has been pretty good but until I see it I'm not sure I believe he's going to do it. It could well be asking his staff to come up with a series of alternatives for a variety of scenarios. He's not a dope nd many times it makes sense to discuss different scenarios even if you have no intention of following one. 

I hope I'm right. But time will tell. 

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 11:08:00 PM »
Well, I'm good with it.

Much better to kill ISIS murders in Syria, Iraq, Turkey, anyplace other than Detroit, Chicago, Houston, or anywhere inside the US.

I mean we are going to have to kill them, I think negotiations went right out the window some time ago. They ARE coming for us, so why not now?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 02:56:47 AM »
I have said that many times Don. Lets do it over there, not here.

Take the ROE off the boys and go for it.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 08:40:39 AM »
I have said that many times Don. Lets do it over there, not here.

Take the ROE off the boys and go for it.
Yes...

War is horrible

Politics and weak leaders make it worse

I have pity on our troops for what they have to do, and for those who survive who will carry those memories

I love them all

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 09:38:51 AM »
Well, I'm good with it.

Much better to kill ISIS murders in Syria, Iraq, Turkey, anyplace other than Detroit, Chicago, Houston, or anywhere inside the US.

I mean we are going to have to kill them, I think negotiations went right out the window some time ago. They ARE coming for us, so why not now?

these people are born to die for their beliefs. to them it's a promotion, and they wont stop.

not a single politician or military tactician understands this.

you're up against an ideology that's hardcore. they can stomach a fight because the reward to them is dying for their beliefs.

stomaching a fight it not something the west has been able to go for 70 years.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 11:27:05 AM »
Well, I'm good with it.

these people are born to die for their beliefs. to them it's a promotion, and they wont stop.

you're up against an ideology that's hardcore. they can stomach a fight because the reward to them is dying for their beliefs.

There are a significant number of factors weighing in on these so called warriors. IMHO, they are warriors only in the sense that they come to fight. 99% of the time they serve as moving targets against a trained Army such as ours

This fanatical ideology steals from free thinking. It is that free thinking along with strong morals, good equipment, intelligence and patriotism that makes our guys so good. Think of them as an angry girl. She's pretty effective against another girl, however let her swing on a 50 year old biker, and he will break her arm and silence her in two seconds...Just not a fair fight. Practically the same with these cowards with beards.

Another factor, associated with this radicalism is with respect to the stifled thinking they again default to a script..."Walk up to the gate and press the button." That means the thinking is done by the handler. So they are only as good as his plan. And his plan is only one deep. Not so with US soldiers. Brief a Marine infantry squad, then take the sergeant out of the mix, and the ranking corporal will step up, and you'll likely see the mission completed in spite of the loss.

A huge factor working against Muslims is in their breeding. They ain't like western people. thousands of years of marrying your first cousin has made a noticeable weakness in them. We (US Soldiers) noticed back in desert storm that they can't see at night...Like CAN'T SEE!) That person is going to have to deal with troops that live to fight with NVG's. We dominate the night, always have. They don't seem to have stamina and are maybe 60% of our physical strength. Couple that with their smaller body size and they do not want to get in a scrap with some of our infantry boys. A dog shaking a rag doll comes to mind!

You take away this veil of PC which serves to protect them as we apologize for offending them and let us go after them and leave their carved up bodies laying about with our guys pissing on their corpses and I think they are going to start to swallow hard and be thinking: Oops, what did we do...Those guys look pretty mean...

You haven't seen what we are capable of, and under the muslim president with the evil america hating wife, neither have these future targets.

We are going to kill them by the metric ton!

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 12:19:34 PM »

Don knows far better than I but the PC culture that germinated under Clinton, grew under Bush and full fledged bloom with Obama is from what I have heard will be slowly weeded out by the likes of Mattis et al. I have heard much of what Don stated about the fighting. I think the military tacticians understand this, its the politicians and the BS they force the Armed Forces to live with that cant understand it. They some how feel that if we place all these rules in place we are some how better. Meanwhile children and women continue to die while a politician pats him or herself on their back and thinks they are superior. To me being superior means winning the damn fight as fast as possible. Its like the Dr. that amputates a gangrenous leg and saves the patient's life versus one who dithers, cutting a little here and a little there until the patient dies. Far fewer innocents would die if we go after them whole hog and kill them. The drawn out wars of attrition kill far more innocents in my mind.

Yes the Muslims have their beliefs and death is a "promotion" for them, but it doesn't mean they have the ability to win. American technology be that NVG, Infrared cameras, long range weaponry, drones, etc etc etc tilt the scale in a significant way. Allowing said troops to use those weapons without handcuffing their arms and legs? I think ISIS would change dramatically. Remember whole squadrons of Iraqi's giving themselves up to Americans during the first Gulf War? They learned very quickly how smart bombs can change the battlefield and their fear of Saddam was overwhelmed by their fear of (literally) being blown out of their boots by a bomb they could neither hear or know when it was going to arrive. Add 20 years of technological evolution to those weapons platforms and it makes for a very one sided fight (again, with different ROE as JR and Don said).

I am not saying it would be easy or something to take lightly, nor do I hope it comes to that. But I think the world is "getting the point" that this disease needs to be snuffed out as best we can. All the BS liberal arguments (they hate us bc of what we have done in the ME or other such nonsense) go up in smoke when you see a guy use a truck in Sweden to mow down children. Its time the world manned up and (to steal a line from Judge Jeanine) put its big boy pants on and got busy ending this cancer. Fortunately for us (now I'll quote Sebastian Gorka) "pajama boy" is no longer in the WH so we have a chance. 

*Rant off* sorry....

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 01:37:48 PM »
has iraq and afghanistan and cough cough vietnam not proven that a determined enemy cannot be stopped with all our fancy technology? We spent TRILLIONS of dollars and 10's of thousands of lives on these conquests for nothing. they don't call a-stan the graveyard of empires for nothing.

its all pride and arrogance, and it's going to get a lot of people killed.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 03:49:18 PM »
Stewie I understand what you are saying and I may well be wrong, I hope and pray I am not. But if you look back at VN the NVA & VC were close to surrendering when Walter Cronkite gave his famous "The war in VN is lost" line on the nightly news. They (the Communists) had just lost 45,000 (or so) troops in the Tet offensive. They had nothing left. but Cronkite went on TV and said it was unwinnable and people's minds turned. Once that happened Johnson said he wouldn't run and Nixon got elected to get the US out of VN. The military was winning the war, but the politicians lost it. 

When B-52's were used to bomb the north the Americans down south made significant progress....when it stopped (due to political pressures or otherwise) the VC re-armed and kept fighting. The loss was not one of tactics or armed forces resolve but rather lack of political resolve IMHO. Now I do think VN had a whole host of other mistakes with the draft and student deferments etc.? Plenty of blame for lots of different pieces. But militarily I don't think it was as bad as it was made out to be given the way the politicians ran it. 

I would say Iraq was also a loss of political will. Look at how the war was going in 2006, not well...Democrats had just taken the House in the 2006 elections...people were screaming to get out of Iraq....but Bush didn't do that, he listened to his commanders and added more troops and extended the tours of others and it was successful. Obama's "leading from behind" BS and ROE changed it dramatically but that was not the military's fault. That was the politicians fault.

Again, I hope I am right. I don't want to see US Soldiers in Syria. But this cancer has got to be dealt with.   

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2017, 04:03:50 PM »
I'm a bit concerned about Putin's assertion to consider another of our attacks as an attack on russia and to be prepared to retaliate with tactical nukes.

If he distributes those to the artillery commanders, that would be a game changer. No telling where that might end...

Don't stop prepping!

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2017, 05:24:00 PM »
A bit of prayer each evening might help too.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2017, 05:43:08 PM »
I hear north korea is rattling the saber now too. Threatened to nuke us if we threaten them at all.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2017, 06:14:36 PM »
lets all just

CALM DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this may/can go sideways very quickly!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2017, 06:57:46 PM »
With respect to our technology and the failure to root out the enemy. It's not because our soldiers couldn't it was because of crap ROE.  If we were to take the muzzle off the dog, it will eat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2017, 08:32:01 AM »
while we know from the past 16 years we have zero say in what this govt does, we all can probably agree that no good can come of this situation.

The neocons are gunna do what they're gunna do from the safety of their bunkers while we all get to deal with the fallout. No pun intended.

Don't stop prepping.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2017, 09:56:11 AM »
Don't stop prepping.

I agree with this for the same reason I have fire insurance- not because I EXPECT to lose my house in a fire, but because the cost is too high if it happens. Prepping follows the same logic.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2017, 10:21:39 AM »
^^^Wisdom

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2017, 02:32:45 PM »
I just listened to the Rex tillerson ansd Russians joint preS coverage.   Lots of diplomatic back peddling and some jabs by the Russians at Obama. Think the market will settle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2017, 04:05:19 PM »
I hope so Charles. I've never had so many mixed emotions before. N korea can't be handled diplomatically, period. I think trump can work with putin (not FOR putin, lol)...both of them have love for their countries. The old Ken would say something like "nuke all of the places that end in "an" and the rest for good measure", but my views have changed quite a bit in the last couple years. It seems that we are becoming more hated for our wars, by the day.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal