VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Drones, Boats, Flying and Floating Things

New to me Chaparral 1800 SCL

(1/15) > >>

JR:
Finally decided to get a real boat. Was not going to drop $25k on a new boat so I started looking on CL via "searchtempest". Wanted something in the 18-20ft area with an open bow for fishing and the extra room. Wanted a V6 but V8 would do, the 3ltr 4cyl was underpowered by all reports. I wanted something clean looking and NO PROJECTS! I found a list of 8 or so in the 2k-8k area, 8k was pushing it. Went by a couple local boat stores and went real shopping on Sat.

This 1993 Chaparral 1800 SCL had all I was looking for. Price was a little more than NADA but for the hours (just 116) and all the little extras I paid $4300. Came with about every little thing you need, plus ski ropes and ski's. Anchor, paddles, PFD, cover and a full tank of fuel. It has a few little dings and scratches, but it is 25 years old. Picked it up from guy who got a bigger boat in Stockton. Pulled it down to Bass Pro shop in Manteca, then home. Pulls great, can hardly feel it. No brakes but it weighs just 2500 with trailer and my 6in drop hitch was perfect for it.

It runs smooth as silk and will get my trail tomorrow at Berryessa. Have to rewire the trailer today, but that is the worst of it. Wife and daughter are busy, so it will be the boys and I with a a friend of theirs. Berryessa is a large lake between Napa and where I live and has great fishing (crappie, bass, trout, cats, salmon and trout) with lots of open water for a new pull toy.

The kids and I love getting out but haven't used the TH in years now. I keep pushing it but they do not like the work before and after its use, so it will go.

With 2 lakes less than an hour from here, several more another hour out.

Nate:
nice

Bigdave_185:
I want to bury one in my back yard, turn the motor area into a bbq and fill rest of inside with water like a hot tub. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stlaser:
 :likebutton:

KensAuto:
What engine does it have JR?         edit: found it on your other post...4.3L

Looks like a nice sized cruiser.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version