Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1366646 times)

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #3800 on: June 25, 2017, 10:15:48 AM »
Woke up early in Detroit and navigated the fancy barista coffee maker and trouble shot the blinking lights to add water one place, remove water another place, dump used coffee grounds, added beans  and THEN enjoyed some awesome coffee.  That fueled me to then break-out the new Ecobee thermostat we bought for the kids housewarming gift and start the installation.  The third cup of rocket fuel triggered the brain to realize that that extra unused wire on the old thermostat would enable me to skip using an included booster from the kit.  One less thing to go bad over time.  Now kickin back watching the son-in-law struggle with technology linking it to his "Alexa" account.  Makes it doubly funny that my daughter is named Alexa! :azn:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 05:48:04 PM by cudakidd53 »
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: June 25, 2017, 03:00:09 PM »
Wyo, how can you tell it's the smaller engine instead of the nhc-250... because it's an A2?
Nice looking gate Mike.

Sam, I would have given my left ear to go on that trip with you. I love that kind of remoteness, and history... of course your modes of transportation where top notch as well.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

An assumption based on all of the A2s I've seen or read about have the 8.3. Ours did, and the horrid CTIS! I won't be surprised if I'm wrong, and if I am please correct me!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: June 25, 2017, 08:34:52 PM »
Mike, small victories.....

So had the parents over for bible study today and then went to get Pho for lunch.  Ordered a simplisafe security system for the weekend place/hide.  Then ordered parts to make a 1U rack server/computer that will run the camera system I plan to build to replace the one I have now.

Got terrestrial internet last weekend finally so I can get rid of one of the dishes.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: June 26, 2017, 08:29:26 AM »
Had a birthday party for Zane. A bunch of the wifes family came over. Met the mother in laws new boyfriend. Hrs alright I guess. I didn't get any bad vibes. Going to take the kids to see transformers today.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline kampfitt

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: June 26, 2017, 09:55:57 AM »
Well still working on Son's house. HardWood floor time!
Quality time with sander! The Boss at work.

Finished product!
Master Bedroom

Office

Living Room

Getting down to the end in sight :grin:
08 EX-Cab D-Max 4X4 45 gal. aux tank Pull-Right Super Glide 5th hitch, Prvt. Pilot ,NRA Life Member , Michigan CPL Holder , T-Bird II Experimental Aircraft Builder, Electrician Flint Truck Asm.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: June 26, 2017, 10:45:21 AM »
Those floors look great!
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: June 26, 2017, 11:02:58 AM »
Floors look amazing. polyurethane?
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline kampfitt

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: June 26, 2017, 01:57:50 PM »
Yea Oil based for floors holds up much better to kids and dogs! On last pic can you tell where the joint is? There used to be a bedroom and the hardwood went the other way, pulled it all up removed the nails and relayed it so all matches! Lota of work
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 02:01:51 PM by kampfitt »
08 EX-Cab D-Max 4X4 45 gal. aux tank Pull-Right Super Glide 5th hitch, Prvt. Pilot ,NRA Life Member , Michigan CPL Holder , T-Bird II Experimental Aircraft Builder, Electrician Flint Truck Asm.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: June 26, 2017, 02:09:46 PM »
Agreed that floor looks great!
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: June 26, 2017, 03:02:52 PM »
Beautiful flooring.

Technically this started yesterday. The first arriving engine company got the main portion knocked down quick but the attic space smoldered for a long time. There were some suspicious things about this one that had the investigators asking lots of questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3810 on: June 26, 2017, 04:30:42 PM »
Yea Oil based for floors holds up much better to kids and dogs! On last pic can you tell where the joint is? There used to be a bedroom and the hardwood went the other way, pulled it all up removed the nails and relayed it so all matches! Lota of work

I'd say between the two outlet holes in the middle of the wall between the windows, but TBH I can' see it in the floor at all.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: June 26, 2017, 06:59:38 PM »
Really nice looking floors! Can't beat the old wood if you can rework it!  Nice job to all involved - :likebutton:

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: June 27, 2017, 05:25:17 PM »
Trimmed bushes, mowed the yard, went to Costco and bought some HUGE steaks to grill.  While collect dog turds in the back yard, I heard a loud bang and a crash followed by another sequence of the same.  I assumed a delivery truck hit a bump and the rolling door smashed the floor.....the wife says, "WHAT was that?" and I said go look and she comes back saying call 911.

Now, on way back from Costco, at the light to our small subdivision, we saw a guy with his car parked on the bike path like he was waiting for the light as if he was driving on it.  I figured he just parked there waiting for someone; idiots abound around here!  Light changed and he wasn't moving a and we turned into neighborhood!  Well, turned out that after we'd put the shopping away, fed the dogs and were doing the afore mentioned, the same clown drove around our area and ended up driving down THE PARKWAY a house away, took out a mailbox, fire hydrant, crossed the perpendicular street still on the parkway and whacked a tree!  All the airbags where deployed and other neighbors were trying to get him outta the car fearing it would catch fire.  I told them to leave him there until paramedics arrived, and I shut off the ignition. He was really out of it, not keeping his eyes opened or talking.  He did follow my instructions to stay in the vehicle and I cut away the door side airbag so he/we could see.  The only question I could get him to answer was if he was diabetic which he said he was and had a bracelet for.  Basically, he was in diabetic shock, verging on unconsciousness. 

Went back about our business once responders where on scene and told them where we lived; guy had a crappy enough of a day without coming too with a bunch of strangers standing around gawking!  OH, by the way, movies are BS - the broken off fire hydrant didn't even spray a drop of water.....WHAT a let down!  Thankfully  :azn:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 05:26:48 PM by cudakidd53 »

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: June 27, 2017, 06:14:55 PM »
Those hydrants have break away valves so not too much harm comes to the driver who runs one over. Problem we had at work was the water companies or their contractor always wanted to plant a large concrete post in front of them to protect them from traffic.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: June 27, 2017, 07:00:28 PM »
Mike, if you lived in commifornia or Texas, you may have gotten the water show.
In freeze prone areas, the valve is located at the water main.
In non freeze zones they have 'wet barrel' hydrants the at the valve is at the top.
And as Bob said, they break away easily.

Glad he was ok, relatively speaking.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: June 27, 2017, 10:27:47 PM »
Sounds like at least one of us had an exciting day!
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: June 27, 2017, 10:49:10 PM »
Started my 50k oil change/service.
Rear diff and trans in the rain last night.
Front diff and power steering pump tonight.
Man I dislike power steering pumps...

I found out last night I need a new oil transfer pump.
Mine is 10 years old now, and the rubber bits that formerly were supple and useful are not so much any more. What should have only taken a few minutes was agonizing. Pumped 100 times more air than oil.

Oh, and I bought 24 lbs of Tannerite...on sale 50% off, couldn't resist.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 10:55:16 PM by Sammconn »
Sam

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: June 28, 2017, 12:06:27 PM »
Got this a few minutes ago on the on line auction. $7,500. I looked at it a couple weeks ago. All I can tell it needs is new from shocks. The front tires are wearing funny.  it went A little more than I thought it would go for but I had a max bid at 10k. We got rid of the old trucks We hauled live stock in. They were just grain boxes with a livestock gate. This along with our 30 ft stock trailer will be way better. Now we just need to get some cattle bought.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: June 28, 2017, 02:09:40 PM »
^^seems like a pretty good deal.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: June 28, 2017, 09:23:00 PM »
This afternoon my son and I went on a mile and a half hike in natural bridge Kentucky. We took the more difficult trail up and easy way down. It was hard but it reminded me how much I enjoyed going on hikes in Boy Scouts.
This would have been a stroll in the park for most of you guys but I am beat. One thing I seen I couldent believe is how many people were on the trail with flip flops. I bet they are paying for that tonight.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: June 29, 2017, 01:25:48 AM »
Speaking of boy scouts. Still in camp Meriweather u til sat .
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: June 29, 2017, 08:28:04 AM »
Slept in to 0700. I have today and tomorrow off, which is nice, but stupidly didn't take Monday off, so I have to work, then have Tuesday off. Back to the grind on Wednesday...
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: June 29, 2017, 03:01:41 PM »
Loved Camp Meriwether! That was my first campout when I started scouts.
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: June 29, 2017, 04:37:40 PM »
Loved Camp Meriwether! That was my first campout when I started scouts.

Never went anywhere but Fire Mountain camp, but we did do a 50 mile canoe trip in the San Juan Islands, and a 50 mile hike over the Cascades to Lake Chelan. Always wanted to go to another boy scout camp like Meriwether or one of the eastern state camps with civil war history.

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: June 29, 2017, 10:39:53 PM »
Putting 100 rounds together for a precision rifle course I'm taking this weekend.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3825 on: June 30, 2017, 05:57:00 AM »
Need more details Bear.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: June 30, 2017, 07:58:01 AM »
4 hours tonight in a classroom and then 4 hours tomorrow morning on the range.  The range only goes out to 300 yards and instructions say to bring 100 rounds. 

I've been looking for a little while now for something.  Someday I hope to do a full weekend or more with several hundred rounds but there really aren't any of courses like that nearby and the budget/ time commitments don't allow that at the present.  This course is only about an hours drive away and cost for the course wasn't as much as most others.  Hopefully I can pick up a few things and get my form straightened out.  I've never had an real instruction.  I've done reading/ watched videos but I am hoping that having some actual instructions will help me out.  Right now I can shoot just under a MOA at 100 yards.  But given some of the groups/ trends I think my gun is capable of less than 1/2 MOA.

Wisconsin Firearms Training Center is holding the class.

http://wftc-store.com/Intro-to-Precision-Rifle-Class-Intro-PR1-44038/
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 08:17:02 AM by Bear9350 »

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: June 30, 2017, 02:19:24 PM »
This year we got season passes to the local theme park Lagoon,  we are here today for a few hours playing

Dog is up and about, no signs of pain and still no update from the dr

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: June 30, 2017, 02:42:43 PM »
This year we got season passes to the local theme park Lagoon,  we are here today for a few hours playing

Dog is up and about, no signs of pain and still no update from the dr

That's a blast Dave. I went through SLC in 1997 on a family trip to lake Powell and stopped there. the propane dragstrip had my attention for most of the trip.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: June 30, 2017, 03:05:20 PM »
The cars for that got taken out years ago.  A maintenance nightmare per the engineer that worked on it years ago.   But neat place for sure. 

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: July 01, 2017, 08:04:35 AM »
Went to a bunch of garage sales yesterday. First time is seen guns for sale at a garage sale.  Cash only no questions asked. This is Kentucky after all. Tight budget so I didn't get anything big. Got a little 4x15 scope for a buck. It has a black spot in it. I dont know what I'm going to do with it but it was a buck.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 08:38:08 AM by Farmer Jon »

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: July 01, 2017, 05:55:07 PM »
Been doing something out of my wheelhouse (again), rebuilding a busted and rusted 6 inch water pump out of the newly acquired piece of crap truck. ...gotta quit buying junk eventually.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: July 01, 2017, 07:17:57 PM »
In Weed .ca having dinner under mt Shasta.

250 mi home

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: July 02, 2017, 09:56:48 AM »
Well yesterday, jr and i passed with in a few miles of each other as 1 was entering salem,or. And the other was leaving.

Then in the afternoon this is what i spent doing.

And today will hopefully be rainbow trout fishing and monday hopefully halibut.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 09:58:05 AM by nmeyer414 »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: July 02, 2017, 10:00:22 AM »
And this was taken about a second or 2 after the previous pic.  It was my buddys mission to sling shot me off the tube so that all of the grandkids would stop being scared of the water and laugh.

If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: July 02, 2017, 10:32:48 AM »
Nate, I see that big ole' dangling right foot is what pitched you inverted!

Going to see my son drive his "drift" car today near where "Jake" of Blues Brothers fame was from - SW of Chitcago, IL.......he (my son Jake) passed OUT of the Salem, OR area this week as well.

Hope you catch a bunch so we can see you fry'em up Nate!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: July 02, 2017, 10:45:09 AM »
The foot didnt make me flip, he had his merc 250 wide open and litteraly cut it as hard as he could and sent me flying like a trebuchet shot.

I probably wont fry the rainbow, to greasy, will see if i can find a recipe for maybe smoking it........

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: July 02, 2017, 07:50:13 PM »
I've got a good grill recipe if your interested-

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #3838 on: July 02, 2017, 08:32:29 PM »
Good job Nate. Old guys rule. I can tell you that water at 50mph hurts. I high sided my seadoo XP at 50+ going around a bend and hitting a wake. Launched me like a rodeo clown getting the wrong end of the bull.

Ken more details.

Today I poured concrete. Did bible study. Poured more concrete.

Didnt like the amount of bearing surface on the 12 inch piers for the 12x3.5 glulam. So I put an 18 inch tube form around the 6 outers and poured a bigger tube.

Should be ready to get with the structure of the casita soon.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 08:34:33 PM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: July 02, 2017, 10:49:30 PM »
Charles, semi-short version...I told my brother that before we put any time into that old water truck I posted a couple pages back, that we needed to make sure it held, and pumped, water. It pumped, but leaked really bad...no shut off valve...just gravity feeds (6") into the pump. A new one was 4300.00. I found a seal for 38.00 (dealer wanted 448.00) and a slighter thicker impeller for 100.00 on ebay (dealer wanted 970.00). Had to weld it in several places, including the seal housing which was rusted completely through...1/4" thick (dealer wanted 600+).
Just milled down the impeller to fit. Now we can do some maintenance and start using it, hopefully.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3840 on: July 03, 2017, 08:04:44 AM »
On the way home. Getting the worst milage ever. Camped out in an old KOA in Evansville In. Its called weather rock campground. Decent place. Nothing fancy. Everything is old but pretty well kept up. Only got the low fuel pressure code once. Pulling a hill. Pretty flat from here out. I don't anticipate any more problems.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: July 03, 2017, 08:14:22 AM »
Safe travels Jon!

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: July 03, 2017, 08:52:50 AM »
Took the family to the beach for a couple of days...we needed a little break from what we've been dealing with at home.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: July 03, 2017, 05:19:21 PM »
Moved 3 yards of free mulch.....well if you gotta move it twice, is it really free?  Neighbor ordered 10 yards of it!  Not sure what he was thinking, as I've got as much space to mulch as he has, and I had too much last year with 4 yards!  Drove around the block to his place, loaded the back half of my truck bed with a cap on, (remember I've got it set-up for dogs) loaded up the mulch, returned home and off loaded it into the wheel barrel, spread it in the beds, repeat the process 21+ times.  Well only repeated the truck loading part 3 times!

So basically, my yard is fortified against Combat Max attack....Squared D for that matter too, but it was fortified against that before I mulched the beds!  :facepalm:

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: July 03, 2017, 07:40:43 PM »
Moved 3 yards of free mulch.....well if you gotta move it twice, is it really free?  Neighbor ordered 10 yards of it!  Not sure what he was thinking, as I've got as much space to mulch as he has, and I had too much last year with 4 yards!  Drove around the block to his place, loaded the back half of my truck bed with a cap on, (remember I've got it set-up for dogs) loaded up the mulch, returned home and off loaded it into the wheel barrel, spread it in the beds, repeat the process 21+ times.  Well only repeated the truck loading part 3 times!

So basically, my yard is fortified against Combat Max attack....Squared D for that matter too, but it was fortified against that before I mulched the beds!  :facepalm:
I am pretty sure sunshine keeps the Square D away,

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: July 03, 2017, 08:14:27 PM »

I am pretty sure sunshine keeps the Square D away,

Vampire Dodge!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: July 04, 2017, 11:09:24 AM »
Got back from scout camp on Sat evening. 608 both ways says Tom, Dmax said it was 1196 total so speedo is pretty close. Got right at 20mpg. Back was stuffed doing 75 most of the time. I got something the last day and it is worse now.

When I got home it was like a renter had moved in. Found the pool shut down as the salt clorinator leaked, that may fried the booster pump bearings. Dryer quit the day before we left, bought a new washer/dryer today, will finish today. Handle came off the oven, no one could use a phillips so just put the handle on the stove. Front toilet wouldn't flush, handle was loose, to much work to remove the lid and tighten it.

I still feel like crud, kids are playing in the washer box. I watched 2 recorded nascar races.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: July 04, 2017, 01:31:42 PM »
JR, seems like it doesn't pay to go away sometimes...
I feel your pain.

Spent all of our long weekend at one of our plants cleaning up a major oil spill.
Unsure exactly on the leak, but suspect a bad hydraulic cylinder.
Hydro generating station, hydraulic intake gates. Only ones we have.
Sam

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: July 04, 2017, 01:41:46 PM »
On positive side JR 20mpg is fant freakingtastick

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: July 04, 2017, 01:44:08 PM »
Jr. When mine break something it's a learning opportunity. I coach them through fixing it themselves. They can't go through life helpless.

Threw these on today. Gonna try a vinegar mop sauce and compare to apple juice

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal