Hello Guest

Author Topic: Racism in America...Want a harsh dose of truth?  (Read 1887 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Racism in America...Want a harsh dose of truth?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 12:10:45 PM »
I like O'Reilly... I don't agree with him on everything, but ya can't deny he's got a big ole pair and isn't afraid to speak up about the stuff that others in the media won't touch with a 10 foot pole.

This is one area (what he's talking about) that I've been stewing about for awhile now, and frankly for self-preservation (call me a coward if you want, but i'm young and can't afford any career setbacks) have held my tongue in this area publicly. I'm even frankly afraid to go into any detail here. Risks are just too severe if you get labeled a "racist" or "bigot", which we all know is the de facto lever liberals pull when they know they're beat with logic and/or fact.
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 12:52:38 PM »
^^ And that's why I say, let's stop listening to them (liberals) Why give them any credence at all? They are literally psychotic. If you can't reason with illogical beliefs, then, screw it, move on. I no longer give most liberals the time of day. I just turn and walk off, why waste any time on them when all most of them want to do is pick a fight or attempt to get you to buy into one of their twisted beliefs. Anymore if one of them label me as anything unsavory, I just smile and wear it as a badge of courage and affirmation that I am doing the right thing.

I do appreciate the situation you find yourself in Kyle. Lots of the closet lunatics are in control of parts of our lives...

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 01:05:15 PM »
From the liberal handbook...

Pick a fight with a conservative, or somebody of opposite belief
Engage in debate, until you start losing to logic and reason
Once you no longer have a factual or logical counter-argument, begin character assassination to discredit opponent

There are so many metaphors for this... but it's like the kid at school who thinks he's so hard and tough, picking on/pushing around the nerdy kid who minds his business and focuses on his studies. And then one day, the nerd who's also a tae-kwon-do black belt whoops the bully's a$$, the bully with a bloody nose cries his way to the principal, who promptly suspends the ninja-nerd.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 01:58:45 PM by Dawg25385 »
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline moto123

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 01:57:29 PM »
Haha, nice metaphor.   So wait, we're the ninja-nerd ... meh, I guess I've been called worse. :)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 09:46:58 PM »
More and more people are starting to address this issue and I'm glad they are.  If you have ever coached, or led a group of people, one of the ways you get people to perform at a high level is to make them believe they are capable of performing at a high level.  The problem is that there are no black people telling other black people that they are capable of performing at a high level.  Instead you have the race baiters telling the black youth that they cannot make it without a handout, which becomes a self fulfilling prophecy, resulting in multi generational dependency and disfunction.  Then you have the immigrants from India, China, Indo China and other places that come here and work hard and within 5 years, knows the language and owns a productive business and is on the way to having a kid in a law school somewhere.

The other thing that no one wants to address is this:

There ARE differences in IQ based on racial averages.  When we believe that public schools should teach everyone to the same standard, we either disenfranchise some or drag others down by teaching to the lowest common denominator.

Now let's not mistake morals for intelligence.  I'd be friends with a less intelligent crowd of people as long as they had good morals and work ethic.  Highly intelligent people without morals, ethics, or manners is worse.

The point is, that liberals want to make excuses and ignore real differences that if we were honest with each other we'd be much better off and more productive.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 09:49:35 PM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline moto123

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 01:45:41 PM »
When we believe that public schools should teach everyone to the same standard, we either disenfranchise some or drag others down by teaching to the lowest common denominator.

This is one of the major issues with our current education system, it is a one size fits all method.  This system is very easy to administer by the teachers, but is not well received by all students.  There are other, much more effective methods available, but they would require more effort on the teachers part and more resources allocated by school districts.  Which is hard sell, even if it could guarantee better education.  Not to mention a complete paradigm shift in the attitude and thinking about how education occurs.  Also it would become difficult to continue using standardized testing (which is another whole topic about whether those tests really provide value)

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 02:53:04 PM »
When we believe that public schools should teach everyone to the same standard, we either disenfranchise some or drag others down by teaching to the lowest common denominator.

This is one of the major issues with our current education system, it is a one size fits all method.  This system is very easy to administer by the teachers, but is not well received by all students.  There are other, much more effective methods available, but they would require more effort on the teachers part and more resources allocated by school districts.  Which is hard sell, even if it could guarantee better education.  Not to mention a complete paradigm shift in the attitude and thinking about how education occurs.  Also it would become difficult to continue using standardized testing (which is another whole topic about whether those tests really provide value)

Gotta disagree with you on this one-

As a teacher, I have to differentiate what I do for multiple levels within each class.  Requires sacrifice of time from the sharp ones who get it, to the glass lickers who can't perform simple tasks, like use a ruler; can't read, comprehend or follow written or oral directions.  Can't solve simple problems with out being led to the answer through questioning that shouldn't be necessary, but is!  Daily and multiple times each period.  Some cannot even grasp concepts when demonstrated infront of them!  THESE ARE HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS!

Aside from MANY parents neglecting their roles as THEIR kids first teachers, WE are to afraid of damaging little Jimmy or Nancy's (Jaun or Juanita, Depac or Himadri) self esteem (more likely their parents) by HOLDING THEM BACK when they don't achieve at grade level from year 1 in their Education anymore!  Schools pass on kids repeatedly, so their lack of effort is negated because they're STILL with every other student their age, whether the can read, write and do arithmetic or not!  Society demands that we pass them on, but blames us for making them MORONS!

All the politically correct bullcrap HAS to stop!  I'm not talking about Special Needs kids, I'm talking about the lazy ones who hide behind the skirt of some milk toast Psychologist who eagerly diagnoses everyone they see as being Special Ed. so they can keep the Social Services money train chugging along!

EVERYONE needs to stop blaming the teachers, because it's driving the GOOD ONES out of Education, and those same IDIOTS who have been socially promoted are some of those looking to get a job teaching!  The Bureaucratic Bullcrap is driving quality teachers out of the profession, because we are being LEAD by idiots who usually only taught for a few years and got on the Administrative gravy train, where they don't have to really know how to successfully teach, but instead get to tell EVERYONE that they're doing it wrong!

The important material has been replaced with the Social Engineering agenda of the Libtrards, where we are more worried about teaching about EVERYONE ELSE' culture while negating the American Culture and History and the true struggle for Independence by our founders; the True Ideals behind the Constitution, Declaration of Independence and the reasoning behind them.  We spend more time on the "expletive"-ing Rainbow Flag than the Stars and Stripes; not to mention encourage more students to view a transgender miscreant as a "Hero" instead of embracing those who were/are willing to lay down their LIVES to give such immorality a right to exist!

The REAL HEROS are ignore in history classes across this Nation, and Left Coast Loons that teach history, come to the National Education Association Convention and have the audacity to propose that 10,000 other elected delegates, consider their motion to have the Association ENDORSE the concept of freeing a convicted Cop Killer by the name of Abu Nedal - luckily it gets voted down every time it comes up, but it gains more support all the time!

My POINT in all of this; get involved!  Superintendents only listen to parents, same with your local Boards of Education.  Teachers who are good need YOUR support and they need YOU to put the HEAT on your local School Boards to STOP the Secular Progressives who work to subvert everything that is great about America, in order to embrace incompetent, unmotivated masses of humanity so we can all feel GOOD about ourselves!  Excuse ME I'm going out back to PUKE!  Don't blame the vast majority of Teachers, support them YOU'LL be better off and so will your children!  Direct your sights towards those bureaucratic imbeciles that put up hurdles for quality education to happen!

Took 7 hours, but the coffee kicked in!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 02:55:46 PM by cudakidd53 »
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 08:15:31 PM »
A very fine rant Mr Mike.
My wife has just about given up on public ed...she's one of those shrinks you mention, but views the freeloaders (the ones milking the system) the same as you. She, and myself, believe it's almost always the parents' fault and she's getting tired of being yelled at by idiots..."you misdiagnosed my child. There's definately something wrong with my baby cuz he's getting bad grades and skips school, and he wouldn't act like a bully if you would do your job........and he has ADD because I researched it on the internet, and.....".

Good luck, and try to hold out. We can't afford to lose you and those like yourself.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 09:39:11 PM »

Took 7 hours, but the coffee kicked in!

I'd say
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 09:39:58 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2015, 01:02:16 AM »
They were teaching "history" in my daughters school. They began to cover religious history with muslim (say what) and another parent and I stood up and go why not Christian first?? Teacher was  taken back by us, but thank goodness my daughter was smart enough to see through it. This common core is widely accepted out here and many teachers like it. At least 2+2 is still 4, but getting there is strange.

Then we have the kids who cannot wear the US flag on a shirt on cinco de mayo as it may cause unrest.

I am so glad I don't have to hold my tongue for anyone now and can carry in all 50 states regardless of local-state law.

Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2015, 09:49:43 AM »
They were teaching "history" in my daughters school. They began to cover religious history with muslim (say what) and another parent and I stood up and go why not Christian first?? Teacher was  taken back by us, but thank goodness my daughter was smart enough to see through it. This common core is widely accepted out here and many teachers like it. At least 2+2 is still 4, but getting there is strange.

Then we have the kids who cannot wear the US flag on a shirt on cinco de mayo as it may cause unrest.

I am so glad I don't have to hold my tongue for anyone now and can carry in all 50 states regardless of local-state law.

We need more like you but my friend you are part of a dwindling minority which is both under the microscope and under attack

Offline moto123

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 02:44:24 PM »

As a teacher, I have to differentiate what I do for multiple levels within each class.  Requires sacrifice of time from the sharp ones who get it, to the glass lickers who can't perform simple tasks, like use a ruler; can't read, comprehend or follow written or oral directions.  Can't solve simple problems with out being led to the answer through questioning that shouldn't be necessary, but is!  Daily and multiple times each period.  Some cannot even grasp concepts when demonstrated infront of them!  THESE ARE HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS!

Sorry, you are right and I shouldn't have generalized all teachers.  I wasn't even thinking of the higher grade levels.  Actually some of my personal close friends teach chemistry and math in high school.  There are definitely some great teachers out there trying to help the slower students keep up and trying to continue to challenge the more "gifted" students.  But as you also pointed out, this takes significant time and effort on the teachers part.

But also to elaborate on your concern, by the time a student reaches high school there is already a clear problem and it's basically too late to save them.  At that point the teacher can only do so much no matter how hard they try.  I would like to see a more system wide evaluation at the earliest level.  Before kindergarten, and before pre-kindergarten.  The children need to be educated and brought up in an environment where learning can occur from day 1.  This is where I believe the root of good student versus lazy student is born.  Time and time again, I hear stories of how mom wanted to stay home with little jimmy because he's so precious.  Great, but are you qualified to teach your child everything they need to know?  Doubtful.  They simply do nothing and let them watch movies for 4 years then send them off to kindergarten expecting someone else to educate their kids for them.  At that point it's unfortunately too late.  The parent's didn't take an active enough role in education and their child will have rough time adapting to school and will suffer as a result.  Typically since they feel left behind, those are the kids who become mean or disruptive.

Again I am over generalizing because there can be great stay-at-home mom's who educate their children and the opposite can also be true where there can be horrible trained child care centers that don't educate at all.  But you get my point, that I am sick of hearing people say that kids need to be kids and learning can take place later.  NO, learning can take place AT THE SAME TIME!

The opposite is also possible and frustrating for those of us who spend (probably way too much effort) educating our children.  I have heard 4 different accounts this year about how a child has flourished in school from an infant to 4 years old.  They are progressing nicely in math, reading and social interactions.  Unfortunately when they enter kindergarten they are so advanced compared to the kids who did nothing for 4 years that the teachers don't know what to do with either one of them.  The answer I keep getting is that the advanced kids are not allowed to be challenged or progress further until the rest of the class catches up.  This could take 6 months, could take 2 years.  So the kid who could have been really bright, is now held back 2 years for no reason except that the system doesn't have any idea what to do with them?  My wife started our own school simply to avoid or at least delay this problem.  We go up through 6th grade so at least we can avoid the major issues in the first few years.  By 7th grade it appears that at least some of the issues are diluted and although our children might not be challenged as much as we would like, they also won't be held back as much either.  Additionally the child will be old enough to understand different points of view and hopefully not be swayed by some of the bad behavior and poor attitudes of classmates.

Only time will tell for sure if this will produce the desire results in our own child.  But these methods have been in practice since I think the 50's with great success.  It's just too bad it has never caught on with the mainstream due to the amount of effort required from the parents.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal