Hello Guest

Author Topic: Rudness from National Tire and Wheel  (Read 5306 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Rudness from National Tire and Wheel
« on: August 23, 2017, 06:46:27 PM »
I am amazed at how poor some sales people have gotten over the years. Today while I was trying once again to get some information on tires to purchase for C-Max I called National Tire and Wheel.

I called the place twice before in the past couple months, approximately when I was writing about purchasing another set of tires to test on the truck. Each of those other times, I couldn't get an opinion out of the sales person with a crowbar. I would ask a question then get a short curt answer that was really saying, "Buy or get off the line."

Ever had that feeling, like the person you are talking with hates the public, hates his job, realizes he is going nowhere and it is all coming to bear on you? Ever feel like you have to work really hard just to get the other person to listen? Well I am accurately describing National tire and wheel.

I have seen the change over the years. You see I was buying mud tires from them all the way back to 1992. I would call, talk about tires, the sales person would normally steer me toward a set of generals and I'd order four and be done with it. A year later, I'd repeat and get another set.

But no more. THose people have really changed. If they were thinking they would place friendlier people in sales. They would realize that that is the point of contact and in the case of me/today, the difference between a publically written complaint and a sale of five tires. Being so cavalier with a customer tells me that sales guy doesn't care, and likely the whole operation is running on the cheap and designed to sell as many tires before the sales person burns out and quits.

After the guy placed me on hold today and didn't even tell me, then failed to come back, I had had enough. I wrote a message to them. I don't know why, perhaps just to give some caring manager, if there is one, a clue as to what his people were (not) doing. I did get a response from a "Mark" which I will post. He apologized, which I don't need and doesn't help anything, but it is apparent that he doesn't know the problem exists. I'm wondering if he condones the attitude his sales people display, he doesn't know about it (which says he is disconnected) or he just doesn't see it (Part of the problem)

I don't know...But I do know I clicked on a few buttons and came up with a good price on similar tires on Amazon.com

Transcript follows:

Date: 8/23/17 4:05 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: info <info@ntwonline.com>
Subject: Rudeness

I wouldn’t normally say anything, but you people, well the sales people I have talked to are really rude!
I don’t know who would buy from people like that.

So I have called three times trying to zero in on a tire choice. All three times I was not helped AT ALL when I asked for an opinion or advice. This guy I just talked with placed me on hold during our conversation when I started to dig and get information critical to my decision. Over the years, I have ordered tires, 4-5 at a time from you many times.

I will never come to you again. If you care to get some honest feedback, here it is: I for one will never work to hand over my money! That means you have to work to earn it. And if it’s not asking too much being courteous would be a good place to start. Your sales people sound like inmates in a forced labor camp. I get the distinct impression that everyone hates their job there and just wants to either grab a quick sale or move along.

I own a fleet of vehicles. You lost me for good. Do yourself a favor and fire your whole sales staff and put someone in there with no knowledge at all that will at least be nice. Then back that group up with one of the people lacking all social skills, but has product knowledge. That way, I’ll bet more people will at least hang on the phone line and if some have a question, then the guy with the brains but no social skills could provide an answer.

Seriously folks, just a terrible job!

Don Harward

Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 5:34 PM
To: Don H
Subject: Re: Rudeness

Don, first let me apologize for the problem. I would really like to get to the bottom of it. I can go back and look at calls and hear them recorded. Can you give me some ideas of what times you called in and from what phone number? Did you talk to different people each time? Or did you get the same person each time? We're all three calls placed today?

Re: Rudeness
DH
Don H <hoverjunkie@hotmail.com>

Reply|
Today, 6:27 PM
Mark Hayes (MHayes@ntwonline.com)
Mark,

I have called on three separate occasions the past several months. On any of those cally your guy could have sold me 5 tires.

I'm wondering how you didn't pick up on this? I'll try and explain how it happened for me each time. I would call and briefly try and explain my truck, what I use it for, and what I am looking for. When I stop talking there is a deadspace, silence. I always get the feeling that the voice on the other end just doesn't want to answer any questions, which very well may be the case. I suspect these people are burned out and judging from the (lack of) intelligence from the average American, you must get your share of stupid callers and/or questions.

Then along comes a guy like me. I have done my homework to try and zero in on a product and to make the final selection all I need is an informed and educated opinion. Call it a recommendation.

I was interested in getting to the bottom of the Federal MT tire questions I have. THe surveys I run have been 28% negative, citing numerous occasions of belt separation. I think I found and read 22 comments from different people. I also found some favorable responses. Given that I want to upgrade to a 37" tire on my duramax truck because of the low 4.56 gears it has, the $231 price point of the Federal tire is very interesting.

I asked what were your guys experience with quality issues, belt separation, and returns. THe man I spoke with said he had never seen a single failure or return on a federal tire...then he just stopped talking. I feel like I am pulling this out of him and he is just not volunteering anything. How about, well, if you don't think that tire would work, how about our new mr. yong MT for a little bit more?

But just like everytime before, I get crickets. So I ask "Well, what would you recommend?"
then he asks me what size tire, which has me wondering because I already told him. THat to me confirms he hasn't listened at all, I feel he hates his life, and is getting annoyed with me. Now look, I am at the point where I really want to get rude myself, but I have learned control and resist. He says something then click! I am on to some awful rock and roll music and wondering what the heck just transpired? I am getting upset at the moment but instead of just hanging up, I quietly decide that this company will never get a dime from me and wait to see if he ever comes back. I finish that repulsive song, and half the way through the next one I hung up, then wrote that email.

You know, you never know who you have on the other end of the phone. I happen to be the owner of RealManTruckWorksandSurvival.com a forum web site where people come to learn about trucks, modifying them and a plethora of military subjects. I am also a retired Army officer. Later on tonight you will be able to read my opinion about how poorly your employees handled not one but three calls from me. You, of course please feel free to respond, I believe in fairness.

Don Harward
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: Rudness from National Tire and Wheel
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 06:52:48 PM »
You know, I've bought some off road tires over the years. Not once did I ever buy from them, guess I didn't miss anything......
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 07:56:25 PM »
It almost seams like it would be better to do some research on some tires and actually contact an actual private distributor who feeds these idiots their tires.....?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 09:42:15 PM »
Don, I hear you.  I think we are getting to be those cranky old men we laughed at when we were younger.  There is an apalling lack of work ethic in the younger generation.

With that said, please allow me to offer another perspective.  If there is a pattern of poor customer service the real issue lies in the corner office.  What we permit is what we promote.  Customer service is a culture and is not normally left to the random delivery and design of an individual employee.  That means that the Sr leaders have to own it.  They have to live it.  They have to communicate it relentlessly.  They must acknowledge and praise their employees that deliver great service.  They must admonish or fire those that do not.

The leaders can structure compensation plans in a way that drives business results and customer satisfaction.  How many times have you been to a restaurant or bank or other retail institution that provides a survey asking you how they did?  How likely are you to recommend them to a family or friend?  Usually that means that incentive compensation is tied to those results and not just revenue/sales.

I'm a leader in a very service oriented business and I can tell you that in an emotionally charged environment that we operate in, making people happy is a challenge even when we execute perfectly.  Yet we have industry leading satisfaction because we as leaders live it and require it of our employees and now our compensation is also tied to it as well.

If National Tire and Wheel is focused on service, you will know based on how serious they are to rectify the situation, which may be a formal apology, an explanation of how the individual was coached, or an offer of a discount on your purchase.

In any event......get off my lawn....says the cranky old guy
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 09:46:36 PM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 10:25:40 PM »
I find crap like that so exasperating. I find it interesting that they record every call....why? Certainly not because they have so many satisfied clients. You don't need to record calls  between salespeople and customers if you have no/few complaints.

I agree that today's generation often is a group of lazy a**es more interested in checking their Snapchat than working. But I will say there are some out there that do work hard. And I always go out of my way to encourage and praise them when I do.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 10:28:39 PM »
A supervisor there, a Mark Hayes has responded to me a couple times. He seems to be interested in running this down. Good for him. But the problem may manifest in not "seeing" what is going on or the lack of interest on the sales guy part

We'll see what happens. I'll follow up on this thread with whatever happens next...In all fairness to them.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 09:48:37 PM »
 :popcorn:
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 09:58:16 AM »
I have gotten several emails from Mr. Hayes. He is supposed to call me this morning to discuss his findings.

He was able to pull and listen to the phone conversations I have had, well, I think at least two of them dating back to March. He wanted to listen to the conversation before commenting. I believe that is a good idea, so we'll wait and see what shakes out.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 10:26:20 AM »
Don I just had similar poor service from a lawncare company...i was sick of fighting weeds in the yard so this spring hired a company. After getting back from vacation the weeds were still going crazy. I decided to fire them....called them and gave the "manager" a chance to see why i was firing them. It was the biggest waste of my time. The guy tried to claim that their service was working, that the weeds were dying, etc etc. The "manager" was a late 20's early 30's guy. It was a total effort in frustration but he did agree I wouldn't pay the last treatment. But all in all just another young kid with no understanding of what "customer service" means. I hope you have a better experience. *bleep* like that is so frustrating. Grrrrr.....

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 11:15:28 AM »
Wilbur was it TruGreen?  I had to fire them too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2017, 11:40:39 AM »
Wilbur was it TruGreen?  I had to fire them too

+1 Yep it was. A buddy of mine fired them last year. My FIL is firing them this year too. Incompetent is rampant there it seems.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 09:35:56 PM »
I had a conversation with Mark Hayes, a sales manager.

He reviewed the most recent phone conversation and concurred with most of my comments. He played back the phone conversation to me and asked me if I really thought the salesman was rude.

I have to say, now, I do not think he was rude. He was dry, uninvolved to a great extent and lacked the will to get the sale done and help me decide, but I will say, he was not rude.

Note: I think its a pretty big deal when a man comes back and tries to discuss and fix a problem. In my view, what is important is not what you did, but moreso, what you did about it afterward. THis was handled by a sales manager who obviously cared and felt badly that I had, had such an experience.

So, to bring this to a close, I give them a passing score because of good follow up and interest in taking corrective measures. I will now once again entertain the prospect of purchasing from them.

I have invited Mark to join the site and post up his side of all this. That invitation remains open.

Matter concluded!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2017, 10:40:46 PM »
Glad you got satisfaction, both ways. I think the followup is what really matters there and sounds like he kept an open mind.

I am working on perception now with my kids, who think they are talking fine, but sound rude. (feedback on myself?)

I saw those tires are over $250 now, as I am going the same way. Maybe its a Ca price  :facepalm:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2017, 12:03:36 AM »
I'm with you Don. People make mistakes but it's what they do after a mistake is made that separates the good from the really lousy. Good for that manager for taking the time to try to make a customer happy.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2017, 08:50:52 AM »
Thanks for the follow up and follow through. I agree that we all make mistakes but it's how we respond and address them that matters.

Offline mark@ntwonline

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2017, 02:21:47 PM »
My name is Mark Hayes. I am the National Sales Manager for National Tire & Wheel, the company that this thread is all about. We have been in the off-road business for over 40 years. We have a retail store, an internet site, sell on Amazon and Ebay as well as service wholesale accounts and do installations of products that we sell. We ship all over the country as well as overseas.
We have always taken pride in providing good customer service and always taking care of the customer after the sale. We have a huge amount of return customers that buy from us time after time. 
When I received the first e-mail from Don describing his problem, my first reaction was to find out which salesman he talked to and fire him on the spot but fortunately I have learned through the years to gather the facts before I launch the missiles.
Our phone system records calls (just a part of the system) but I rarely need to use it but in this case I'm glad that I had the recording. After finding it, I listened to it 4 or 5 times then called in a couple of our accounting girls to listen to it as well as a couple of outside unbiased reps from a couple of manufacturers just to see if my opinion was valid or if I was being bias. I pretty much got the same opinion from everyone who listened to it and just about everyone agreed with me about the conversation that Don had with the salesman.
I agreed with about 90% of what Don had sent me (and what he posted here).
Did the salesman do a very good job of trying to sell Don some tires? No
Did the salesman do a very good job of answering Don's questions? Not really, he answered the questions but not in very much detail.
Did the salesman do a very good job of telling Don that he was going to put him on hold to look and see what we had in stock in that size? No, he told him but very quickly and not very loud. Don didn't think that he even told him that he was putting him until he heard the recording.
Did he sound like he hated his job? To someone who doesn't know him, he might sound that that but if you know him, he just has a very monotone dry voice.
Like I said, I agreed with most of the things that Don mentioned but myself and everyone else who listened to the recording did not hear any rudeness.
I called Don and let him listen to the recording also. Afterwards I think that he agreed that the salesman wasn't actually rude, just dry and not very helpful. And to Don's credit, he even said that maybe he was a little long winded and probably put the salesman to sleep. lol
I also let the salesman listen to it a few times and I sincerely think that he was rather shocked at just how dry and uninformative he was on the phone. I told him that this should be a wake up call. I am also going to use this recording as a tool for the other sales guys on how NOT to sell anything.
As much as I hate having to defend our company like this, I feel that there is a good lesson that can be learned from this experience. In the world of social media that we live in, it is so easy to pull the trigger before you think. Just like this post, if someone just reads the headline and the first couple of paragraphs, they are going to form a quick opinion about us that just isn't true. I see that this post was viewed by 200+ people. That is 200 people that we will probably never get a chance to have as a customer. This post may stay on here for the next 20 years and every time that someone reads that headline, they are going to form an opinion without reading the whole story. When I first went to this site after being directed there by Don, I had a feeling that this site was developed for men with values. This whole experience might just help change the way that some of the members here decide on how to address a situation before going public with it. A little research and a good look in the mirror (or in this case a good listen to a recording) may go a long way to saying things that may or may not be true.
The next time you don't like the kids attitude at the McDonalds drive thru, think first of how you addressed him. It may just be reciprocal.
I know that I have dragged this out way to long. I just want to close by saying that I appreciate Don bringing this to my attention and getting a chance to get to know him a little. I enjoyed the conversation that we had and may even get a chance to sell him some tires!

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2017, 04:02:05 PM »
Mark-

Thanks for posting:

We are a site centered around values and honesty.  As a 32 year educator, I can honestly tell you that there is a definitive shortage of manners, etiquette and class within society as a whole.  It starts at home and where it is taught and valued, it shows in the children raised in such an environment.  Schools who embrace character education in a systemic and committed fashion have some success in instilling it in students who had minimal introduction to it at home, but those who flourish in those efforts have had a home/family life where it was previously taught at some level.

Stores, companies service providers who have the highest reputation and scores for customer service, generally have consistent and loyal customers who don't mind paying a little more for quality.  Being in the position you hold, this isn't news to you! 

With the internet commerce and options for retail purchases, companies who cultivate a "service centered" work environment and customer relations will move and stay on top, and those who incentivize their employees accordingly will attract and maintain quality employees.

Unfortunately, you probably have a rough time filling openings with that type of individual given a general lacking of such values across society.  Coordination with High Schools, Junior Colleges etc. in  cultivating a "quality service" program might serve your company as well as our youth in an era where the misguided premise that everyone should get a college education at a time where the economic payoff often fails to materialize over the past decade plus.

I think you will find that almost all of the members of this site look in the mirror and weigh our actions and words almost daily and work at adjusting our short comings.  We are also a group loyal to companies and service providers who share our values.  If you have quality service, products and customer care, we will beat a path to your door to spend our money and spread the word. 

We all live across the country and know that we each experience interaction with companies with a wide range of local attitudes.  One thing that probably holds constant among us all is knowing how hard we work for our pay, the pride we take in the work that we do, our moral compass and the expectation that we treat others as we wish and expect to be treated.  We believe in forgiveness and redemption as well.  We probably will never work at trying to give someone our money without superior effort on the part of those selling or providing said goods and services.

Sincerely,

Mike P.
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2017, 04:14:11 PM »
Mark I would not assume this part of your post:

I see that this post was viewed by 200+ people. That is 200 people that we will probably never get a chance to have as a customer. This post may stay on here for the next 20 years and every time that someone reads that headline, they are going to form an opinion without reading the whole story.

the reason I say that is that in today's economy we all have been party to lousy service. Some of which is someone having a bad day, some of it is due to someone being in the wrong job for them, and some of it due to lousy leadership. But the key for me as a customer of any business is does the business care about my business? Your handling of the problem, having the salesman listen to the call and recognize that while he may have a dry voice, that may come off as being a jerk or uninterested, proves that the issue was more likely one of miscommunication than lack of care. For me, I know I am more interested in how companies handle things when they go wrong, rather than just going perfect from start to finish. Because lets face it, things do go wrong. People are human, and humans make mistakes. It is what it is. And what matters to me is once the "mistake" happens, can the business fix it to my satisfaction? And with guidance like you have shown, that tells me you can "fix things". So I would not write off the company at all. Just the opposite. I respect that you stood up and took the heat, and found a solution. All too often people just say "f it" and walk away. So good for you. 

Just my $0.02.   

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2017, 04:42:53 PM »
Thank you Mark for not only taking control of this "issue", but also for joining the site. We are a small family here, but a tight knit one. I'm sure many of us were waiting to see how you handled our Boss' complaint.
I, for one, am satisfied.

Ken
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2017, 04:48:50 PM »
Mark, thanks for posting and addressing the issue.

I agree with most of the above, but agree service is everything. Follow up on that service is even better.

Thomas Jefferson

Online EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2017, 05:06:38 PM »
Mark I would not assume this part of your post:

I see that this post was viewed by 200+ people. That is 200 people that we will probably never get a chance to have as a customer. This post may stay on here for the next 20 years and every time that someone reads that headline, they are going to form an opinion without reading the whole story.

the reason I say that is that in today's economy we all have been party to lousy service. Some of which is someone having a bad day, some of it is due to someone being in the wrong job for them, and some of it due to lousy leadership. But the key for me as a customer of any business is does the business care about my business? Your handling of the problem, having the salesman listen to the call and recognize that while he may have a dry voice, that may come off as being a jerk or uninterested, proves that the issue was more likely one of miscommunication than lack of care. For me, I know I am more interested in how companies handle things when they go wrong, rather than just going perfect from start to finish. Because lets face it, things do go wrong. People are human, and humans make mistakes. It is what it is. And what matters to me is once the "mistake" happens, can the business fix it to my satisfaction? And with guidance like you have shown, that tells me you can "fix things". So I would not write off the company at all. Just the opposite. I respect that you stood up and took the heat, and found a solution. All too often people just say "f it" and walk away. So good for you. 

Just my $0.02.

Mark,

I agree 100% with what Wilbur has to say. If anything, you may gain 1000 customers from the 2-5 avg. people those of us from this site will speak with regarding how you handled the situation. I worked for a large tire company for years before my current employment and part of my duties were training new hires and dealing with customer complaints. I didn't have the social media woes that you currently face, but I would not even remotely associate this site with the likes of facebook etc. I cannot speak for everyone here, but I'm not afraid to assume that none of us would speak negatively of the situation, and those that would only react to the headline and not read through to the completion are not necessarily worth being your customers anyway. Thank you for stepping up and addressing the situation, wrong right or otherwise where other companies would have indeed said "f'it".
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2017, 05:36:43 PM »
Mark, thanks for taking the time to reply. It was handled very well in my opinion.

As someone who owned his own off road business for quite a few years I can tell you that this thread or headline will not lose you any customers that you didn't want anyway. What I mean by that is if the potential customer only goes by the headline they weren't really invested in buying from you anyhow. An informed customer who you want, will read this thread through and see how you handled the situation. It's all about follow through and from my perspective it was handled 100% positive. If anything that headline will gain you many new customers. As they say "any publicity is good publicity" which in my experience was 100% the truth.

Furthermore as I stated before I've never bought from NTW. However, as I just stated your handling of the situation will have me looking the next time the JK needs some larger steel & rubber (hopefully this coming year). So with that said your follow through is what matters to guys here on this forum!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2017, 06:33:09 PM »
Mark handled this very well in my view

What I noted:
* Quick follow up to me initially
* Research to determine what happened
* Quality checks by a variety of people to double check you
* You were courteous to me at all times
* Working with the salesman to help him see what he could have done
* Working with me to show me how long winded I was!
* Follow through over several conversations
* Offered me a resolution

Just so everyone knows Mark talked to me following the "Clearing of the issue" at length, really getting into the weeds about the various brands and grades of cheap, OK and great tires. I did not know this stuff before. He promised to think about it and come up with a tire/wheel plan for me in a few days. He did that as he stated.

Amazingly, he pointed me away from his company (Should I be saying this???) to the Cooper tire as a good middle of the road offering. Note here being that I am running an oddball 18" size rim, for which few 37" tires are made. He did not have what he thought was a "Good" (not great) quality tire for the wheel.

He did not want to do that, being in business to service his business, but he did it because he felt that would benefit me the most.

And because he did that I opted to purchase 5 of the "Best" grade tires from him. That cost me more, but I will always be drawn to people of character, and that is what I see here.

I purchased the BF Goodrich KM2 Mud Terrain tire, 37 12.50 R18 from Mark today. I need five. He has four, and is working on finding my fifth

I like how this turned out, and I think we have a new friend!

Further more, although Mark thinks people will get turned away from his company because of this posting of mine, I, and apparently everyone else here thinks the exact opposite will in fact happen!

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2017, 02:23:34 PM »
Great series of posts. I will be real curious how you like the BFG's in that size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2017, 02:31:21 PM »
I'm with the masses. Any customer you would want will read the whole thread.

And see the positive outcome.
 :likebutton:
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2017, 03:00:13 PM »
Great ending and another reason I went with 17in wheels.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2017, 07:45:23 PM »
Great series of posts. I will be real curious how you like the BFG's in that size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
With my truck having 4.56 gears, it is screaming for a larger tire. With a tuned D-Max, running a 35" with 4.10 gears seems to work well. I am always running around at 2100-2200 RPM. I think if I could cut that back to 1800-1900 I may see more mileage. The truck certainly has no challenges pulling anything with a 35" tire and a that steep gear.

And, I need to stay with a noisy mud tire. Noisy, you see, means nothing to a helicopter pilot...I can't hear it anyway, and it brings joy to my heart to pull up along side of a prius and let them enjoy the whine!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2017, 07:46:56 PM »
Great ending and another reason I went with 17in wheels.
Definitely a smart move. Go with 17" for the tall sidewall which you can air down to get creepy good traction, or go to a 20" wheel and enjoy a great selection of tires.

Online Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2017, 10:40:53 PM »
I am happy with my 17's and I loved that tire when I had it years ago

I think Don could easily change the title of this to... national tire experience and introduce with moving the posts around to read Dons experience and than skip our DOt and add how it was handled. Than leave our stuff in the end.  Save someone from reading the whole eight pages and not miss lead anyone.

Is mark going to continue to join or will he disappear as will smith did in the movie Bagger Vance

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2017, 01:53:33 AM »
Dave, I think the thread is pretty good as it stands. I also think for the 1000's that will read this, it will play out for all in the long run.

I hope Mark sticks around also.

Maybe as a sticky in the vendor forum? Our DOT posts really impacted it little.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Rudness from National Tire and Wheel
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2017, 06:17:02 AM »
Mark, well done. This site may be more of an anti social media, by that I mean it's very different than other social media sites. I'm in senior leadership for a fortune 20 company and am responsible for sales and account management. I commend your handling of this situation. Factual and not relying on your own perception but brining in other people to help and then allowing Don to listen as well. We record calls for just this reason and while it's not often needed it can be very helpful in situations like these.   Most social media users will flame you to 100 for some perceived wrong. The Real Men on this site will promote you to 10 just because of how you handled this. As for me, I value the customers that promote me to others because it's much harder to find people to tell a positive story than a bad one. 

Thanks for coming on the site and please do stick around. There are a bunch of really great guys here and it sounds like you would fit in well.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 06:17:53 AM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline mark@ntwonline

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2017, 09:33:30 AM »
Hey guys, I'm not disappearing. I'm going through some health issues with my wife right now that has required me to take a lot of unforeseen time off of work lately. I'm still here and checking in occasionally. 

Online EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2017, 10:10:02 AM »
I'll keep you guys in my prayers Mark. I hope she recovers soon.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2017, 10:13:07 AM »
I'll keep you guys in my prayers Mark. I hope she recovers soon.
Ditto.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2017, 10:15:42 AM »
Same here.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2017, 10:32:54 AM »
Hey guys, I'm not disappearing. I'm going through some health issues with my wife right now that has required me to take a lot of unforeseen time off of work lately. I'm still here and checking in occasionally. 

may the lord give you strength and patience mark. 
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2017, 10:42:23 AM »
Mark, made it official & added you to the prayer list. You can view that here. This is how we operate, prayers for your wife, you and your family.

http://real-man-truckworks-and-survival.com/index.php?topic=1959.msg63705;topicseen#new

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2017, 03:56:47 PM »
Keeping you in my prayers Mark

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2017, 08:33:44 PM »
You guys have actually been praying for him for some time...Remember the unspoken request...?

Bingo!

Prayers Mark

And the tires are working well. Got them in some gooey mud today and I didn't even have to spin them and actually pulled a trailer down a muddy road with them.

Offline mark@ntwonline

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2017, 09:07:42 PM »
Thanks to all, guys. She will need all the help she can get.

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2017, 10:41:38 PM »
You guys have actually been praying for him for some time...Remember the unspoken request...?

Bingo!

Prayers Mark

We DOT's have a short attention span unless it relates to harassing you about Sq D, getting stuck in mulch beds frequently and or a tac topper build we won't go into details on at the moment. Well, and Ken's GF H but I think even Ken is tiring of her new excuse of the day routine as if anyone cares at this point. Where was I going with all of this again? Can't recall.......

OK, be good and more prayers coming Mark's way........

Online Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2017, 11:18:49 PM »
Now mark said he has some time off work. What better to start him reading on than the tac topper?

Can't be worse than the prayer thread that auto populated my photo on can it?

Offline mark@ntwonline

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2017, 03:51:13 PM »
Hi guys,
Just wanted to touch base again and thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. The wife just finished up with over 7 weeks of radiation, Chemo and Brachy Therapy. Still lots of pain, sleeping a lot and very weak but getting stronger a little bit more each day. We find out in a week if it worked or not. Fingers crossed. I was only working half days most of the time then driving her to hospital for treatments in the afternoons (2.5 hrs from my work). Long days but hopefully done for good except a few follow up visits. Now just need to catch up with everything. Luckily NTW was super cool about the whole thing and never once gave me even a hint of grief about all the time off that I needed.
Guys,Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers.
If you guys ever need anything or have any tire, wheel or lift kit questions or issues that you need help with feel free to contact me at mark@ntwonline.com.
Mark

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2017, 04:52:06 PM »
Good news Mark

I think the prayers is why we got together on that tire deal

Tires come and go, but relationships can last forever.

Guys, lets continue to hold up Mark's wife in prayer.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2017, 09:27:38 PM »
Glad to hear the news so far Mark.

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal