GENERAL TOPICS > Parenting

Emotions

<< < (2/3) > >>

cudakidd53:
Have the conversation and don't press him to bottle it up.  My mother was killed in a train wreck when I was a Freshman in HS.  I cried some at first and then I manned up and filled in on chores and such for my dad and little brother in place of what my mom was doing to a degree and enabled my Dad to NOT step up....turns to anger.  Let's just say that in HS playing football at 5'-10" weighing 155 as a Senior playing defensive end I excelled at shedding anger legally kicking the crap out of anyone across from me regardless of size.  As a Junior, the Seniors held me down after plays to attempt to adjust my attitude so I wouldn't practice so hard.....I just hit them harder the next play!  Once Football was over there wasn't any outlet for the anger and it eventually shows up in my relationship with the practice wife......verbally mind you, but not good!

Help him process it now, there Big Dave.

TexasRedNeck:
What age Dave?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Smith:
It is the start of a long road Dave. Try to be there for him when ever he wants to talk about whatever is bothering him. Let him know crying and outbursts really are not the end all answer to every problem that comes along. It will only get worse  If he wears his emotions on his sleeve, and will compound the actions of his classmates toward him. Could lead to very serious problems, Nothing wrong with asking our Lord for guidance, yes for both you and the boy.

Nate:
my recommendation would be to get him into some sort of a physical type sport (boxing, wrestling, hockey, football, etc).

I could write you a book regarding all of this, as I grew up in / in and out of foster care from 6 to 18.  but could you give us some more info like; what was the root cause of the release of emotions, how was he acting/re-acting, if he is your "step son" what kind of conversation has been had with your wife/his mother, etc.........?

Bigdave_185:
Ok,

Well emotion like said is not my thing. 

The crying comes usually from a embarrassing moment, or a slight injury,   Weather if he out on the grounds or with just family.  It seems to be always the cry option.   

Out riding DB I have instructed that a fall is a fall and get up and get going again. Crying only trails the dust down your face.   I usually ask why are you crying? Response is it hurts or something to that nature which I reply.  So does crying help?  Of course it doesn't help. Let's do what helps..... and so forth

If mother is around the mother long takes place.

If it's being upset with kids out in the neighborhood there is a retreat to inside and emotion about it inside.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version