Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1327383 times)

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #13300 on: October 09, 2020, 11:19:23 PM »
How about some premixed jack n coke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13301 on: October 10, 2020, 02:06:18 AM »
Don, although I really like the Talon, it's more of a go fast, to compete with the RZR.  The General is more of a Sport Ute, with high end suspension, a cross between the ranger and rzr if you will. 

Sent from my MAX 10 using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13302 on: October 10, 2020, 09:43:57 AM »
Im doing the same as Dave. Got beans all done decided to go to the river for the weekend. We will wait until Monday to start in corn. Im sure the boss is just going out if his mind this weekend seeing everyones combines rolling except for ours. I talked to a couple neighbors and the corn is a little wet yet anyway. One was just going field to field taking out end rows because his dad chomping at the bit to get corn out. We are 2 weeks early according to years past.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13303 on: October 10, 2020, 10:54:51 AM »
Don, although I really like the Talon, it's more of a go fast, to compete with the RZR.  The General is more of a Sport Ute, with high end suspension, a cross between the ranger and rzr if you will. 

OK, good enough

I know Honda has a 4 seater and after driving this one and having owned a couple belts, the down hill letting off the throttle improvement is the big selling point for me. That and no belt to change ever.

But, you've done well and own a great machine

CM
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13304 on: October 10, 2020, 10:58:08 AM »
Son ran for another TD last night. He is a defensive back, but the half back was having difficulties so they substituted my son. He started moving the ball so the coach kept him in. We killed the other team 40 something to seven.

Would be finishing hogging my fields but the hurricane Delta rain is approaching so no go for a few days.

Then I have to somehow pull that telephone pole sized hydraulic cylinder off the excavator to replace the gland seal

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13305 on: October 10, 2020, 02:34:25 PM »
Use the bucket on the ctl to help lift.
Not sure which cylinder you’re referring to but the skid should be able to help out.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13306 on: October 10, 2020, 08:21:36 PM »
Use the bucket on the ctl to help lift.
Not sure which cylinder you’re referring to but the skid should be able to help out.
That's my plan

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13307 on: October 11, 2020, 09:11:47 AM »
Here’s a “last year” version:  After meeting up with Nate in Chicago, continued settling in to new place, squared away garage, did the traveling dog thing with the camper and met up with Nate in NE, was Field Trial Secretary for 4 National event  :facepalm: having a double blowout on the camper 20 miles outside Booneville, AR meeting a godsent young man that helped me out. Raved about him to the Mayor & Chamber of Commerce (was there a month for the National events), became a temporary resident as my camping trailer was there on blocks!   :cheesy: Shade Tree Mechanic (me - literally) repaired the damaged camper, replaced 5 tires and a rim. Bought a horse, performed honey-do stuff and celebrated Christmas with family and Grandson. Did Spring Field Trial thing living in camper without H2O to avoid freezing lines etc. for a month + until temps rose. Was in KS when the China Virus started shutting things down. While there, did some shed hunting accumulating ~ 100 lbs of antler!  Made it home to be homeschool Principal, Lunch Lady, Psychologist, Custodial Staff...Learned the “order on-line” grocery racket, did constant home improvement projects, had a pool put in (just before the RUSH) which made the wife cry with joy!  Did the permit dance and check-off with village over said pool while slogging through mud due to ill-timed 6” of rain over two days after opening the electrical trench! Watched wife & daughter celebrate the supposed end of e-learning, enjoy the pool as did I while fixing the landscape and playing with Don’s favorite- mulch! Sold camper and truck cap during the “shortage” and added springs to Dmax bringing it up to or over a 1ton capacity, added a Stealth Tuner and 5th wheel hide-a-ball hitch for the 30’ 4Star LQ - 4 horse trailer I replaced the camper with.  Slid that in the driveway jacked up perfectly so my 6’ 2” neighbor can walk freely down the sidewalk!  2yr old Grandson learned to swim in pool, made ribs on Weber low n slow first time ever, spent over 1 month living/traveling with horses n dogs in new to me trailer.  Had dinner with Nate & Wendy in their new place, celebrated 20 yrs marriage with wife, youngest daughter, niece & her husband in Iowa and have enjoyed playing with 3 youngest dogs, having to put down one of the ~14 yr old sibling dogs lowering the total to 4 dogs again.  Currently home tackling projects before heading off for the final part of the COVID Field Trial season thru December 15th. I’ll post some pictures too!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13308 on: October 11, 2020, 09:30:45 AM »
About a year in summary^^

Readers digest version

Big trailer Mikey! And very soon it will easily fit down my lane to the farm...mucho road improvements comin'

You're stayin' plenty busy...

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13309 on: October 11, 2020, 10:10:56 AM »
That’s a good long bit of fun, seen lots on FB and really curious more about what your doing with the dogs? I have an idea but I keep going back to Babe the sheep herding pig which.... well.  I don’t know.  Let’s hear about this more

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13310 on: October 11, 2020, 10:45:24 AM »
That’s a busy year Mike!
Double blowout would suck pretty bad. Looks like the typical wheel well damage.
Hope it wasn’t anything major inside. They tuck all sorts of stuff there.

The rest of the year will be just as “fun” I’m sure.
Nice collection of sheds too.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13311 on: October 11, 2020, 01:08:13 PM »
About a year in summary^^

Readers digest version

Big trailer Mikey! And very soon it will easily fit down my lane to the farm...mucho road improvements comin'

You're stayin' plenty busy...

Anyone bored in retirement isn’t involved in much more than collecting belly button fuzz!  I’ve done more than I could have imagined!

As always, you’ve been busy!  Nice camper build and stay outta the hospital!

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13312 on: October 11, 2020, 01:19:11 PM »
That’s a busy year Mike!
Double blowout would suck pretty bad. Looks like the typical wheel well damage.
Hope it wasn’t anything major inside. They tuck all sorts of stuff there.

The rest of the year will be just as “fun” I’m sure.
Nice collection of sheds too.

Banged some inside trim and a counter top loose - cleaned up tire fuzz and shavings, whacked and tacked stuff into place and used duct tape, flex seal tape to get by.  Air nailer and some trim at home finished the job.  While awaiting shipment of a rim and tires, I used some 2x2 galvanized heavy sheet, tin snips, a picnic table as a press break to form a 2 piece wheel well patch.  Spray flex sealed the flex sheet seams and cracks of bent wheel well prior to pop-riveting the patch in place. Self-tappers also mounted fabricated patch to frame and subfloor.  Two cans of spray flex finished the job. No leaks and purchasers of trailer never batted an eye giving full asking price!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13313 on: October 11, 2020, 01:23:11 PM »
That’s a good long bit of fun, seen lots on FB and really curious more about what your doing with the dogs? I have an idea but I keep going back to Babe the sheep herding pig which.... well.  I don’t know.  Let’s hear about this more

Think competitive hunting, off horseback to pick the best dog for breeding purposes.  Only use blank gun and dogs need to display extreme manners. No chasing birds, can’t break at the shot and cannot flush birds - only point them for handler to flush.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13314 on: October 11, 2020, 02:01:03 PM »
You've been too busy to check in from time to time? Knucklehead!

Nice pics, except for the one with the Mr. Clean looking guy. Can't believe you'd hang around riffraff like that Mike!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13315 on: October 11, 2020, 08:19:56 PM »
Hey Ken!  Most places I go have little cell service, etc.  Nate sure cooks up great stuff and always sends me away with care packages from the pantry!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13316 on: October 11, 2020, 08:32:57 PM »
So today I caulked the expansion joints and concrete repairs I made to the rear patio - had it foam jacked/leveled this summer as replacement was not in the cards.  Patio was in rough shape when we moved in and had settled severely.  This made it usable space again.  Used a Milwaukee battery powered caulk gun and sausages of caulk - friend has a caulking company in MN and set me up.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 08:35:38 PM by cudakidd53 »

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13317 on: October 11, 2020, 08:55:55 PM »
 :likebutton:
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13318 on: October 11, 2020, 09:32:06 PM »
Picked up another project to fix for the winter,
I finished rebuilding this 1997 OG Yamaha banshee for my friends dad.

Now onto the next one,

A complete chrome frame, polished motor and parts involved.

I soaked it down with engine degreaser and P washed it off top, bottom, left, right sides.  Actually tip it over on its side. 
Drain all fluids and start with a clean slate

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13319 on: October 11, 2020, 09:41:24 PM »
Nice Dave

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13320 on: October 11, 2020, 09:46:23 PM »
You have all been busy.

Got the 91 sub running but the water pump leaks. Timing was 180 out, but that was easy.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13321 on: October 11, 2020, 10:17:49 PM »
Hey Ken!  Most places I go have little cell service, etc.  Nate sure cooks up great stuff and always sends me away with care packages from the pantry!

Please just send back the jars, lids and rings....at least jars and rings...lol
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13322 on: October 11, 2020, 11:22:49 PM »
Nice bikes Dave... someone spent some coin on that second one for sure.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #13323 on: October 12, 2020, 12:43:52 AM »
Nice bikes Dave... someone spent some coin on that second one for sure.

He said he’d sell it to me for $2500 which a steal!!  But I told him let’s see what it looks like in three months.  I’ll bet we can ask a solid $4500 and get it.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13324 on: October 12, 2020, 12:45:51 AM »
So today I caulked the expansion joints and concrete repairs I made to the rear patio - had it foam jacked/leveled this summer as replacement was not in the cards.  Patio was in rough shape when we moved in and had settled severely.  This made it usable space again.  Used a Milwaukee battery powered caulk gun and sausages of caulk - friend has a caulking company in MN and set me up.
Don’t get to close to that yellow metal can in the photo. Xylene or?   That stuff used to cause the worst hang over

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13325 on: October 12, 2020, 08:27:55 AM »

Please just send back the jars, lids and rings....at least jars and rings...lol

All clean and under the sink in the trailer! 

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13326 on: October 12, 2020, 08:36:46 PM »
Pulled a piece of antler out of the tractor tire. Lucky it found the lug or this would have been very expensive.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13327 on: October 12, 2020, 10:16:08 PM »
Went to pick n pull to get the serpentine setup off a 6.5 truck.

Motor was pulled so bingo there, but I got an air cleaner and A/C housing for it off other vehicles.

Anyone know where a serpentine setup is for a 6.2/6.5 gm diesel? I have been emailing recyclers and looking for motors with no luck at all.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13328 on: October 13, 2020, 06:33:40 PM »
Wife got my Halloween costume today.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13329 on: October 13, 2020, 08:42:20 PM »
Went to pick n pull to get the serpentine setup off a 6.5 truck.

Motor was pulled so bingo there, but I got an air cleaner and A/C housing for it off other vehicles.

Anyone know where a serpentine setup is for a 6.2/6.5 gm diesel? I have been emailing recyclers and looking for motors with no luck at all.
JR, call Greg tomorrow and leave a message. He ships worldwide and I think he may have one or know of someone. Probably have to leave a message, but he’ll call you back. He’s a one man show like me.....

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13330 on: October 14, 2020, 03:30:32 AM »
Anybody here done any salt water beach fishing? We’re out of our element with it and just keep trying. We have only caught four fish since moving down here, two in fresh water, one off the SUP in brackish, and one off a rock pile.

Two of those were our son, one each for wife and I. Could use any and all pointers. Nothing we’ve caught has been big enough to eat.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13331 on: October 14, 2020, 08:33:29 AM »
Turner is that in the surf in HI?

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13332 on: October 14, 2020, 02:58:43 PM »
Turner is that in the surf in HI?

It is.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #13333 on: October 14, 2020, 08:30:28 PM »
Spent the day doing interviews for one of my team leads.

ALL DAY..... 08:00-18:00 like.

Forgot how much I hated these days.

But on a side note.
It rained.
It snowed.
It rained again.
And it’s still snowing off and on.

Some of the standing water starting to freeze.
Gonna be a long winter.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 09:54:56 PM by Sammconn »
Sam

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13334 on: October 16, 2020, 11:06:17 AM »
Woke up early and rolled out some barrier, stuff that doesn’t allow dirt to transfer between the product.  Also works on weeds

Hopefully the dump truck can get it into the back with out making two big of a mess. 

18ton of rock should give me a little more then two inches of coverage

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13335 on: October 16, 2020, 11:08:51 AM »

Anyone?

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13336 on: October 16, 2020, 11:52:56 AM »
I only had 3 choices. That wasn't one of them.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13337 on: October 16, 2020, 12:00:04 PM »
What were your alternate after joe?

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13338 on: October 16, 2020, 12:01:16 PM »
The libertarian dude...Jorgeson?

excuse me, I mean dudette. lol
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 12:02:28 PM by KensAuto »

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13339 on: October 16, 2020, 12:35:11 PM »
Sound similar to some we have running in Utah, I’m lost on who else to vote for on the rest of the senate and so forth in Utah

All a bunch of no names to me

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13340 on: October 16, 2020, 12:43:50 PM »
It makes no sense to me that different states can omit candidates for a federal position from the ballot.

Curious what our ballot will have on it, they should be delivered today.
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13341 on: October 16, 2020, 01:47:01 PM »
Sound similar to some we have running in Utah, I’m lost on who else to vote for on the rest of the senate and so forth in Utah

Start googling them and see what they stand for, or against. Make informed choices if possible.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13342 on: October 16, 2020, 01:51:19 PM »

Start googling them and see what they stand for, or against. Make informed choices if possible.
That is my weekend plan. The local  folks all seem like morons as JR has burned them all out of Cali they are runner over here!!
Build that Utah wall! 

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13343 on: October 16, 2020, 02:14:38 PM »
I used to believe in fairness and looking hard at each candidate. Not any more. Straight party so I know they’ll tow the line from leadership when it counts. Except for that moron Romney. He still owes me $2500

This is a battle of good versus evil and we should not split the difference.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13344 on: October 16, 2020, 08:14:41 PM »
I agree with Charles, red handle it is.....

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13345 on: October 16, 2020, 10:20:46 PM »
I agree with Charles as well but still have to choose between those of the same party... make sure they're fully invested if possible.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13346 on: October 16, 2020, 11:51:25 PM »
RV pad progress

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13347 on: October 17, 2020, 06:34:23 AM »
I agree with Charles as well but still have to choose between those of the same party... make sure they're fully invested if possible.
The real magic happens in the primaries.  That’s when you can really influence the party and the race. Donating to a Democrat in the primary to help them defeat another Democrat that is a far left radical is also a good tactic.   So few people turn out in primaries that your vote counts as much as 4:1 sometimes

Dave are you going to pour concrete or just the gravel pad?

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13348 on: October 17, 2020, 07:08:48 AM »
Oh. And Ken and JR make sure to let your wives know that democrats vote on 11/4

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13349 on: October 17, 2020, 08:04:01 AM »
RV pad progress

It needs to be 65 ft long for me to moochdock. Lol. Looks good.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal