VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Bikes Motorcycles, S x S's, Tractors, and Mowers

Time for an upgrade

(1/4) > >>

longball:
So last week I accidentally sold my 2009 700XP Polaris Ranger. I immediately regretted that decision but there’s nothing I can do about it now. It’s at a new home in Georgia and a good man is using it to take his 12 year old son to hunting spots they couldn’t previously get to.

My criteria for the new machine is:
•Seating for 3 at a minimum (myself, HH6, and a car seat. 4-6 seats is even better.
•The ability to lock both front a rear differentials
•Minimum of 10” factory ground clearance. With aftermarket wheels and tires my last machine had 12” and would occasionally scrape on rocks. If I have to add a small lift and tires that’s no problem.
•Under $9,500

Right now it looks like I am limited to a Ranger 570 crew. I like the Honda Pioneer but I keep reading about people having heat issues in the cab. The Kawasaki Mule Pro-fxt and Honda Pioneer 1000-5 both have fold up rear seats but they also both get $12,500+ on the used market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

longball:
In the last 4 days I’ve missed out on two good deals because I couldn’t get off work. They weren’t meant to be but I think if I hold out long enough I’ll find a 900 crew instead of a 570. I think the 44hp 570 will be plenty for my driving style these days but I would pony up some extra cash for the 68hp 900 engine. Plus, the 900 has 1.5” more ground clearance and larger tires from the factory. That would certainly help here in the hills.

Ken, if you see this will you remind me again which machine you have? Seems like I remember you turbocharging one of these things.

KensAuto:
Yeah definitely stay away from pre '13 800 crews. They are heavily detuned. (45 hp )

longball:
That’s the way my 700 was. 40hp. I drove a 570 3 seater last weekend. Although it’s only rated at 44 HP it felt much better suited to the type of terrain I drive on. I suspect the bigger single cylinder engine makes power at lower rpm than the 700 twin.

KensAuto:
Forgot to add, it doesn't help any that the 800 is only 760cc. Trying to find a local 1000 rzr to graft onto mine right now. very disappointed after all the work I did.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version