Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1383186 times)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #2350 on: January 20, 2017, 08:59:51 PM »
Sorry Phil, but although that truck is cool, I'm not a Dodge fan.

Now if it was a k25 with a duramax.....

What he said^^^^^^^^^
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline CHEVSILVER1500

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: January 21, 2017, 01:23:45 AM »
Got tired of the 2012 Terrain of the wife's burning oil like there's no tomorrow plus she wanted a bigger vehicle so we traded it in today for this 2017 Silverado 1500.

Needless to say she is happy, but she's kinda upset that she won't get to show it off at work tomorrow since Im off for one more day I'll be taking it to Line-x to get the bed sprayed and will be ordering the undercover flex cover for it.
My wife wants one of these too. After I seen the price tag I said hell no. I will spend another 10-15 k and get a new duramax for myself. That didnt go over well.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

She wanted a Yukon. Haha have you seen the price on those things?! Overall price wasn't too bad. I get preferred pricing through my work and with all the rebates going right now on top of that I ended up at 34k before subtracting my trade in value. Sad part is we were looking at a used 2016 that would have cost 3k more considering no preferred pricing and no rebates. Her car was burning oil at an alarming rate and smelled as if it had a freon leak in the cab with only 76k on the odo. Seemed like every time I went outta town it had some new issue. With it being her and the 5yr old, I didn't want them to get stranded somewhere.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: January 21, 2017, 07:53:36 AM »
Well that's not so bad. Got the V6? I pulled on the lot and looked at a couple. Prices were up in the 50s some in lower 40s.

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Superwhdm

• I'm a super welder husband dad man!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: January 21, 2017, 10:20:29 AM »
This project took about a week, every evening and 2 weekends.  :-[
My wife does the whole marathon thing, running farther than I typically like to drive, and needed a place to hang her medals in the bedroom. I told her i would make something but it had to be western, since the bedroom is the only place I have control (seemingly) over decorations.

...cut out a mountain back ground, and gouged out the ridges, and her initial that will look like white wash after hanging on the wall :

then I made a shelf with a corral made from square stock and round rod (to scale) with rods underneath for hanging medals, and a place to hang her placards:

...then the windmill, with copper blades:

Hmm..can't find a finished pic

Ken this is awesome!  Right down my alley.  I love how steel some together with a little craftsmanship and creativity. 
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural
Early morning or late night-Early Morning
Hard work or Easy Work-Smart Work

Offline Superwhdm

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: January 21, 2017, 10:28:49 AM »
Table base for the back porch.  Next a 2'' rough cut wood top. W is our last name initial.
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural

Offline Superwhdm

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: January 21, 2017, 10:31:32 AM »
Got tired of the 2012 Terrain of the wife's burning oil like there's no tomorrow plus she wanted a bigger vehicle so we traded it in today for this 2017 Silverado 1500.

Needless to say she is happy, but she's kinda upset that she won't get to show it off at work tomorrow since Im off for one more day I'll be taking it to Line-x to get the bed sprayed and will be ordering the undercover flex cover for it.
My wife wants one of these too. After I seen the price tag I said hell no. I will spend another 10-15 k and get a new duramax for myself. That didnt go over well.

She wanted a Yukon. Haha have you seen the price on those things?! Overall price wasn't too bad. I get preferred pricing through my work and with all the rebates going right now on top of that I ended up at 34k before subtracting my trade in value. Sad part is we were looking at a used 2016 that would have cost 3k more considering no preferred pricing and no rebates. Her car was burning oil at an alarming rate and smelled as if it had a freon leak in the cab with only 76k on the odo. Seemed like every time I went outta town it had some new issue. With it being her and the 5yr old, I didn't want them to get stranded somewhere.

Our 2012 does the SAME thing.  It's a 4cyl.  It always sounds like the valve train is starving for oil.  Looking at Yukons.
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: January 21, 2017, 10:37:28 AM »
I was just thinking my uncle has a equinox that burned oil like crazy. He got a hold of someone in the shop and they told him to switch oil. I don't remember what they told him to use but it fixed the problem.

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: January 21, 2017, 11:23:49 AM »
Table base for the back porch.  Next a 2'' rough cut wood top. W is our last name initial.
Looks pretty awesome!  I think that would even withstand the way my kids treat furniture(outdoors and in).   

I've got a couple of sick kids and the wife is under hte weather, so I'm not getting much done today.  Researching foundation types/costs and construction methods.  we've got 55 Acres here in Northern Kentucky we are considering building on.  When we've decided on plans, I'll post a pic.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: January 21, 2017, 12:46:02 PM »
34 is not to bad. I understand about the rebates. When I got my dmax used was more and it came down to my trade in.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: January 21, 2017, 01:17:10 PM »
Thanks Jonathon. It's a sore subject at the moment....the wife said she would detail paint it the way she wanted, and then I would finish welding it together.....it's still in the corner, in pieces.

...Nice table tho...looks stout enough!
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline CHEVSILVER1500

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: January 21, 2017, 01:21:22 PM »
Well that's not so bad. Got the V6? I pulled on the lot and looked at a couple. Prices were up in the 50s some in lower 40s.

Nope it's the 5.3L v8.  Window sticker was 47k so that's on par with what you were seeing. Just have good rebates going right now. It's not fully loaded but it's close to it.

Offline CHEVSILVER1500

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: January 21, 2017, 01:25:51 PM »

[/quote]

Our 2012 does the SAME thing.  It's a 4cyl.  It always sounds like the valve train is starving for oil.  Looking at Yukons.
[/quote]

Her's was also the 4cyl. The more I read about that engine the less I liked it. Tons of people with the same problem of burning oil and noisy valvetrain. Piston rings and timing chain guides are notorious for causing problems.

Even tried different oils like mentioned above (mobil1, amsoil, royal purple...) to no avail.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: January 21, 2017, 11:47:43 PM »
Ken that looks fantastic.
Just get it together and then it can be painted.
Or not.
It looks great in bare metal too.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: January 22, 2017, 04:17:11 AM »
I think the 5.3 is the best gas engine they have.

Oh, still cleaning the garage,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

But I did get these for just $5 each at HD :cool:

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: January 22, 2017, 09:16:11 AM »

Hey Don, take note I didn't see any flaming wood or cardboard in this guys pics!  :popcorn:

& I think Nate would even approve that the table is HD enough to hold whatever amount of fixins your cooking up for dinner........

Very Nice
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: January 22, 2017, 10:03:14 AM »
^^^HAHAHAHA^^^
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline kampfitt

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: January 22, 2017, 10:06:33 AM »
Spent 12 hrs at Son's house pulling down plaster and walls to start the rebuild! Wife hard at work as always!

Boy's hard at work!

Didn't get any after pics! Too tired when we got done at 8 pm! All plaster down and in dumpster now onto wiring and rebuilding master bath and closet.
08 EX-Cab D-Max 4X4 45 gal. aux tank Pull-Right Super Glide 5th hitch, Prvt. Pilot ,NRA Life Member , Michigan CPL Holder , T-Bird II Experimental Aircraft Builder, Electrician Flint Truck Asm.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: January 22, 2017, 01:31:49 PM »
I think the 5.3 is the best gas engine they have.

Oh, still cleaning the garage,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

But I did get these for just $5 each at HD :cool:
I have 4 of those I placed in service when I purchased my 18' trailer some years ago. They are still functioning fine. I don't anticipate replacing them.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: January 22, 2017, 02:54:49 PM »
I had 2 other but needed a set and for $5, how could I saw no.

KP, I am doing the same around here. After my stairs and room addition, I move the kitchen over 10 ft, 2 rooms and add a master bath and walk in. Moving the kitchen allows us to use the old until finished and everyone will now have their own room with a 1/2 bath upstairs. I have to more or less do it with the wife gone, she hates the noise (well really everything now)

Still cleaning the garage, but heading over to buy a Ruger BA 300 blackout.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: January 23, 2017, 02:38:46 PM »
Some cool stuff you guys build! The medal display and the table! Darn those look very nice!

I'm just relaxing today (well....not really....just not working too hard) after an enjoyable night celebrating another AFC Championship for the Patriots!  :grin:

Sorry.....had to throw that in there!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: January 23, 2017, 03:31:06 PM »
Still cleaning the garage. Need to get another tool cabinet (wood tools) and side hanger for the big box.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: January 23, 2017, 04:45:14 PM »
JR, you don't have enough room for more cabinets...I've seen the pics!!! haha

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: January 23, 2017, 08:28:28 PM »
So somehow ended up at an interesting little site from creeper book.
The king of random dot com.
He also has a you tube channel with a lot of video tutorials.

He's got simple but effective things from a simple foundry to basic casting.
I'm in no position to verify validity of some of the things but some interesting stuff there.
Some may be downrigh Darwin stuff too, so use some common sense if you venture into any of it.

I may try a few of them out myself and if I do will post results.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: January 23, 2017, 08:31:43 PM »
JR, you don't have enough room for more cabinets...I've seen the pics!!! haha

Yep, its bad. However I did get the new chest which is 41" vs 26" I have now. In the end it will work fine and I need the space!!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: January 23, 2017, 08:40:35 PM »
Sliced my thumb on a old pocketknife my grandpa gave me, enough to git a trip to the dr from work.

I had the blade pop open in my pocket and I stuck my thumb in my pocket.  The end result

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: January 23, 2017, 08:42:11 PM »
The slice goes all the way down the side of my fingernail and straight through.  Between pressure applied and gauze it closed on its own and the doc taped it up

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: January 23, 2017, 08:55:52 PM »
Spent 12 hrs at Son's house pulling down plaster and walls to start the rebuild! Wife hard at work as always!

Boy's hard at work!

Didn't get any after pics! Too tired when we got done at 8 pm! All plaster down and in dumpster now onto wiring and rebuilding master bath and closet.
We gutted our house while living in it a few years ago. We lived in the basement and the part we added on.  That sucked. I will never do that again. Never ever again.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: January 23, 2017, 08:58:04 PM »
We have been cleaning out the old shop. I hauled in a ton and half of iron. Worked on the cooker a little bit. Were expecting 4-6 inches of snow Wednesday so I should get it Pretty well finished up.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: January 23, 2017, 08:59:21 PM »
The slice goes all the way down the side of my fingernail and straight through.  Between pressure applied and gauze it closed on its own and the doc taped it up

No super glue?

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: January 23, 2017, 09:01:10 PM »

No super glue?

First thing I thought, it does work!!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: January 23, 2017, 10:27:51 PM »
I usually go to the super glue and the spray Hardener but the boss made me call the EmT to sent me to the workers comp doc.  He cleaned around it and added some tape is all, other things.  Anyone have any knowledge of shapleigh HDW. Co.   

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: January 24, 2017, 03:52:31 PM »
Still cleaning,,,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: January 24, 2017, 04:56:57 PM »
I made a brooder out of an old shipping crate. 12 ft long by 22 inches deep 22 inches wide. I put a removable divider in so I can an have a few ducks or geese on one side and chicks on the other. I can start them in the basement in an old play pen. Then I can put them outside in the shed after a few weeks in this and be confident they are safe.
I put 2 of these in. One on each side.  I will set the heat lamp on here.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 04:58:28 PM by Farmer Jon »

Offline Superwhdm

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: January 24, 2017, 07:04:49 PM »
I usually go to the super glue and the spray Hardener but the boss made me call the EmT to sent me to the workers comp doc.  He cleaned around it and added some tape is all, other things.  Anyone have any knowledge of shapleigh HDW. Co.   

Dave that looks like a good one!  I have had my fair share of cuts in the HVAC sheet metal industry for over a decade.  Im a glue and tape guy myself, the sting from superglue lets you know its still attached!  But that one prob needed to be wrapped up!
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: January 25, 2017, 06:43:14 AM »
Sheet metal cuts are nasty,  having that sheet slip down your hands oh boy.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: January 25, 2017, 07:52:29 AM »

Injury tracking and paperwork reasons.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: January 25, 2017, 07:56:31 AM »

The reality is, this is the kind of boss/company you want to work for.
As much as a pain in the butt it can be, it is in your best interest.
Sam

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: January 25, 2017, 08:09:56 AM »
but the boss made me call the EmT to sent me to the workers comp doc

The reality is, this is the kind of boss/company you want to work for.
As much as a pain in the butt it can be, it is in your best interest.

I work in the Safety office now, so yay paperwork.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: January 25, 2017, 08:25:52 AM »

So you're officer safety now huh? :popcorn:
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: January 25, 2017, 10:05:20 AM »

Nope. Technically Industrial Safety Trainer.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: January 25, 2017, 10:52:11 AM »
Oh boy.....

Sent from a spaceship

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: January 25, 2017, 11:50:55 AM »

Nope. Technically Industrial Safety Trainer.

This guy?
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: January 25, 2017, 11:56:39 AM »
or this guy:
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: January 25, 2017, 02:03:53 PM »
Well three day check up

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: January 25, 2017, 02:34:44 PM »
Still cleaning. You know how they say it has to get dirty before you can really clean up, well oh boy!!

But a solid breakfast,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: January 25, 2017, 02:51:22 PM »
Leaving Las Vegas.  Shaking the dust off my sandles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: January 25, 2017, 03:52:06 PM »
Well three day check up

Doesn't look terrible. (Condition. Definitely a good one)
You were lucky it was only a flesh wound, could have been real bad in the middle.
Sam

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: January 25, 2017, 05:01:50 PM »
Leaving Las Vegas.  Shaking the dust off my sandles

Did you get to see the shot show??

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: January 25, 2017, 05:19:50 PM »
Negative. No gambling and only left the hotel once for a dinner. Work conference. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Online Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: January 25, 2017, 07:14:58 PM »
Well Tex, you were only an hour and half away this trip....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal