Hello Guest

Author Topic: Saw this on Woot  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
Saw this on Woot
« on: October 20, 2014, 09:58:36 AM »
Could be junk, but what are your thoughts on this kit??

It's kind of a short time thing, not sure if you all are familiar with Woot or not. I know those life-straws are like $20 bucks alone. Seems like a pretty decent kit, has a hammock, shovel, some tools, some food type things... For $150 bucks, seems like something that could be had and then augmented a bit to be a pretty good starter kit. What say you?

http://sport.woot.com/offers/survival-kit?ref=cnt_dly_img
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Saw this on Woot
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 03:31:34 PM »
Good starting point, that's for sure.  Better than having nothing for certain. Hammock is pretty much a throw away without zip-up bug netting or waterproof cover.  High heat loss suspended too.
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
Re: Saw this on Woot
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 07:06:59 PM »
High heat loss suspended too.

You can limit that, but using a space blanket to reflect the bodyheat back at you. Plus you lose more body heat by sleeping on the ground, unless you can be elevated approximately 2-3"

And the word "WOOT" makes me smile slightly. The redhead medic chick from Kentucky that I was dating for a bit used to say that constantly.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 07:07:57 PM by BobbyB »
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal