Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1331977 times)

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #12350 on: May 16, 2020, 01:01:17 AM »
All I need now is some mudflaps and a roof rack .
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12351 on: May 16, 2020, 01:13:07 AM »
Spoken like a true salesman Charles !!  :tongue:

Jk, there is no business without sales other than the government.....  :rolleyes:

Oh, they will sell you something,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12352 on: May 16, 2020, 01:33:02 AM »
Replaced the teeth on the bh today, what a pain. Rusted in roll pins. Ground off heads, beat and used a new  IR air hammer. It took well over 2 hours getting them off. Had to grind years of crud off, slopped on grease.

Sure works better.

Now to rr the bottom.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 01:34:20 AM by JR »

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12353 on: May 16, 2020, 07:38:29 AM »
JR what’s RR? Gunna hard face that bucket?

Ken, mullet is definitely in your future.....
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12354 on: May 16, 2020, 08:38:00 AM »
My daughter stopped over last night. So we're hanging out in the back yard when all of sudden all the chickens and ducks stated raising hell. They were all chasing one duck that had something on its mouth. We all run down there and she had a baby duck by the head was trying to eat it. I was a little confused I don't have any hatched yet. Then the light bulb lit up. Last summer I had trouble with something killing my ducklings. I blamed it on the Drake and almost got rid of him. Just last week the mother duck and this duck in particular were fighting. I broke it up and didn't think much of it. So anyway I get the .22 and take care of the trouble duck and go check the nests. She was raiding the other nests and eating the eggs. Hopefully peace is restored and they can go on making me more babies. They were just starting to make me a little extra cash. This hatch was supposed to go in the freezer. I will have to wait and see how many I get now after the egg eater got some.

And after this we all went down the camper and grilled some steaks. I don't get to see my girls much. She graduated this year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12355 on: May 16, 2020, 09:41:00 AM »
Congrats to all 2020 Graduates. It really too bad all of the ceremonies have been canceled.

My son is graduating High School with Straight A’s all fours years and high honors. Headed off to U of Tampa for Pre med.

Just got his yearbook this week. Accomplishment of the year was getting voted “Best Hair”. Ughhh. Lol. But still love him. Miss seeing him walk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12356 on: May 16, 2020, 09:56:55 AM »
No, that's good hair!

Congrats to the young lad!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12357 on: May 16, 2020, 03:34:15 PM »
Yes too bad all the grads are missing their big day.

HH6 had me thatch the lawn today.
Now in true redneck fashion the thatching blade goes on and the mower goes over everything.
The two inches of gravel in the front yard included.

I’ve had sand/gravel etc for the last 15 odd years, as water main feezeups kept my yard and hydrant dug regularly. Rewind a couple years, a complete renewal, and SOD. I requested 2” crush and they said no. I miss my rock.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12358 on: May 16, 2020, 05:10:11 PM »

Went and grabbed this today, 46 Ford for $500 w/ title. Buddy is making a ramp truck out of it for his auburn. See video of his work below.

https://debossgarage.com/iqcs2020/entry/1587872266-1932-auburn-brougham?category=most-factree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12359 on: May 16, 2020, 07:03:58 PM »
Man that’s a nice score. I’d love to find something around here like that.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12360 on: May 16, 2020, 07:21:49 PM »
Man that’s a nice score. I’d love to find something around here like that.

Six months, took us to find this and he was very open to what he wanted just something unique (not that these are that unique) and price was more than right. Literally I scour the ads weekly and send him links. For six months it was no or maybe. This one popped up two weeks ago at $1500 and it was maybe. Thursday they dropped it to $500 and Friday the wife and I drive to inspect for him about an hour away. Bought it and found out it had a title too (title is worth $500 alone imo).

I don’t work for free but slight commission in Andy’s case that was a mag starter for the ten hp compressor motor. I’m always looking and this truck was super rust free, solid floors and doors / cab corners too.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 07:22:26 PM by stlaser »

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12361 on: May 16, 2020, 10:05:26 PM »
I had to add a piece of equipment to the inventory this morning
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12362 on: May 16, 2020, 10:18:42 PM »

Went and grabbed this today, 46 Ford for $500 w/ title. Buddy is making a ramp truck out of it for his auburn. See video of his work below.

https://debossgarage.com/iqcs2020/entry/1587872266-1932-auburn-brougham?category=most-factree

Nice...first year post war. Don't know if you noticed but I have a '46 on the roof of the conex your motor was in, except mine is rusted out. Also have one of the last civilian ones produced before the war (according to the VIN) .... from '41.
Very cool Auburn.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12363 on: May 16, 2020, 10:30:07 PM »
I didn’t notice, sorry but cool. Now I know you own fords though.....  :wink:

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12364 on: May 16, 2020, 10:30:58 PM »
I had to add a piece of equipment to the inventory this morning

When is the review coming? Tough when expensive things follow you home!  :beercheers:

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12365 on: May 17, 2020, 11:07:05 AM »
I want a truck update also Nate!    I haven’t heard anything good about the new 19/20 duramax or Ford. Unless your pulling constantly

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12366 on: May 17, 2020, 07:04:00 PM »
Went to install my macs tie hooks in the trailer today.  Opened the door to this

1/4 x 5/8 staples didn’t hold onto the fur strips. 

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12367 on: May 18, 2020, 08:47:39 AM »
I want a truck update also Nate!    I haven’t heard anything good about the new 19/20 duramax or Ford. Unless your pulling constantly

so the trailer is nothing special.  it is a 76" x 10' dump trailer, 2 x 5200lb axles, 24" sides, swing/dump gate, ramps.  trailer weighs 2700lbs so that gives me 7300lbs payload which is enough with a little room to spare for anything I will do with it.  maybe some mulch, some limb/yard clean up dump runs, hauling edging pavers, and if I need it for some reason...I can haul almost a cord and a half of wood in it with weight to spare.   

I did have an opportunity for an 83" x 12', 2 x 7k axles, scissor lift, everything else the same for $1500 more.  but I just could not justify having a trailer that big for the pure fact of "just because".

dave, as far as the truck goes.  It is an 18' model that I bought sept of 17'.  I have never had any MAJOR issues with it.  it had a recall to correct a dpf issue (didn't cause me a problem), it had a recall to replace the block heater element (didn't cause me a problem), I had a hood latch sensor go out on it which threw a couple other non-related codes (I think it does that just to get you to go in and get it replaced), and I had a coolant reservoir level sensor go out. 

so all in all, it had 4 issues, 2 were serious enough for recall/repair notices but didnt cause me any problems and 2 were just the average cost of owning a vehicle with so many sensors/etc on it and were not serious problems to begin with. 

as a reference point....I bought this truck with 2 miles on it, and 2 days later with the clock at 80 miles, i hooked my big trailer to it, set my cruise control at 75 and drove it straight 2k miles back to washington to get the second load of house stuff.  fast forward 1 month, roughly 3500 miles on the clock and roughly 12k lbs (trailer was a little over loaded) later i was headed back to NE. with my cruise set at 70-75, up over the blue mountains, over the rockies by you with out it even breaking the 220deg mark on the gauge, or so much as a hiccup.  at least once a month it gets a straight 1k miles put on it with us going to either her parents house or up to my grandfathers house.  the DEF consumption on it is pretty minimal unless I am towing something with it.  so at 2.5 years old, 55k on the clock, oil and fuel filters changed religiously every 10k, run thru the car wash at least once a month, this is a great truck and worth close to what I paid for it (my right testicle, left leg and right are have just about grown back...lol)

i hope that helps?

I'd go bigger Nate. Covers what you have now and not-yet-anticipated growth. Bigger will stay with you for life. Required size will likely be a future trade in.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 09:06:40 AM by Nate »

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12368 on: May 18, 2020, 09:05:23 AM »

so the trailer is nothing special.  it is a 76" x 10' dump trailer, 2 x 5200lb axles, 24" sides, swing/dump gate, ramps.  trailer weighs 2700lbs so that gives me 7300lbs payload which is enough with a little room to spare for anything I will do with it.  maybe some mulch, some limb/yard clean up dump runs, hauling edging pavers, and if I need it for some reason...I can haul almost a cord and a half of wood in it with weight to spare.   

I did have an opportunity for an 83" x 12', 2 x 7k axles, scissor lift, everything else the same for $1500 more.  but I just could not justify having a trailer that big for the pure fact of "just because".

dave, as far as the truck goes.  It is an 18' model that I bought sept of 17'.  I have never had any MAJOR issues with it.  it had a recall to correct a dpf issue (didn't cause me a problem), it had a recall to replace the block heater element (didn't cause me a problem), I had a hood latch sensor go out on it which threw a couple other non-related codes (I think it does that just to get you to go in and get it replaced), and I had a coolant reservoir level sensor go out. 

so all in all, it had 4 issues, 2 were serious enough for recall/repair notices but didnt cause me any problems and 2 were just the average cost of owning a vehicle with so many sensors/etc on it and were not serious problems to begin with. 

as a reference point....I bought this truck with 2 miles on it, and 2 days later with the clock at 80 miles, i hooked my big trailer to it, set my cruise control at 75 and drove it straight 2k miles back to washington to get the second load of house stuff.  fast forward 1 month, roughly 3500 miles on the clock and roughly 12k lbs (trailer was a little over loaded) later i was headed back to NE. with my cruise set at 70-75, up over the blue mountains, over the rockies by you with out it even breaking the 220deg mark on the gauge, or so much as a hiccup.  at least once a month it gets a straight 1k miles put on it with us going to either her parents house or up to my grandfathers house.  the DEF consumption on it is pretty minimal unless I am towing something with it.  so at 2.5 years old, 55k on the clock, oil and fuel filters changed religiously every 10k, run thru the car wash at least once a month, this is a great truck and worth close to what I paid for it (my right testicle, left leg and right are have just about grown back...lol)

i hope that helps?

If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12369 on: May 18, 2020, 09:59:48 AM »
Indeed it helps

I’ll shoot you a text

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12370 on: May 18, 2020, 01:58:31 PM »
Nice score on the trailer Nate. I kinda miss the 22ft flatbed, I could load so much on it and it towed great. My 14ft deckover dump is nice, but I sure could have used another foot or 2 last tow. It tows great, but mileage is worse with the 2ft sides hanging out.

Going to add some interior lights on the rails inside. Seems I am always loading or unloading in the dark. Might use these:https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PGKQLC2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That is a lot of miles on the Dmax. Is the mileage good? I am getting 14 loaded and 18 just up. You will pass my 191k pretty soon!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12371 on: May 18, 2020, 06:44:18 PM »
I got some cool swag in the mail today from a guy in comiforna. 

Can’t wait to put them in the box!!

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12372 on: May 19, 2020, 01:25:12 PM »
I got some cool swag in the mail today from a guy in comiforna. 

Can’t wait to put them in the box!!

What's the second one for?

Sent from my SM-T727V using Tapatalk

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12373 on: May 19, 2020, 02:49:29 PM »
Roll of tape holder

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12374 on: May 19, 2020, 10:11:51 PM »
So me and ol @arkstrikr loaded up my new lawnmower

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12375 on: May 19, 2020, 10:23:41 PM »
Forrest called, he’d like his mower back....  :evil:

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12376 on: May 19, 2020, 10:25:16 PM »
Forest is who sold it to Sam

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12377 on: May 19, 2020, 10:26:27 PM »
Forest is who sold it to Sam

Musta been a two for one deal with that forklift too! Lol

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12378 on: May 19, 2020, 10:27:54 PM »
Correct me if I’m wrong Dave but that’s a vintage snapper from the 80s?

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12379 on: May 19, 2020, 10:52:11 PM »
Yes sir.    That is the 1983 mower per Sam,  the forklift is 1943. Mostly rebuilt to this point and runs really well

The snapper is on a Koehler motor with some quirks as Sam would say

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #12380 on: May 19, 2020, 10:52:56 PM »
Thought I recognized it.  Mowed many many many a lawns with those.

Isn’t that mower older than you?

« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 10:53:29 PM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12381 on: May 19, 2020, 10:55:04 PM »
Too funny. I just got the Forest Gump reference.

Nice!

Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12382 on: May 19, 2020, 10:56:37 PM »
You buy stock in some fruit company too? ;)
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12383 on: May 19, 2020, 11:23:53 PM »
That mower is a few years older than me, the fork lift is old as you isn’t it Tex?
Lol

These old machines are simply cool.  I’ll mow with it and see how it goes.

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12384 on: May 20, 2020, 12:07:16 AM »
That mower is a few years older than me, the fork lift is old as you isn’t it Tex?
Lol

These old machines are simply cool.  I’ll mow with it and see how it goes.

Tex isn’t THAT old. Forklift is almost as old as my dad though.
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12385 on: May 20, 2020, 11:08:57 AM »
A blue mower with some ugly front attachment, who makes that?

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12386 on: May 20, 2020, 11:25:47 AM »
Yeah not that old but some days i feel like it!

Before I started work this morning, I made a metal run and trash run and dropped some LML headlights off at the post office for a buyer in Florida,

« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 11:26:22 AM by TexasRedNeck »

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12387 on: May 20, 2020, 04:39:34 PM »
What you building now Tex

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12388 on: May 20, 2020, 09:04:31 PM »
Got the chopper ready for haylage. Celebrating my birthday with a quiet night at home. Wife made me my favorite chicken and rice and fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12389 on: May 20, 2020, 09:25:00 PM »
Happy birthday Jon!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12390 on: May 20, 2020, 10:30:09 PM »
X2 Happee Birthdae!

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12391 on: May 20, 2020, 10:39:34 PM »
Happy Birthday.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12392 on: May 20, 2020, 10:41:07 PM »
Happy birthday Jon!

JR, I’m about to begin the tactical outdoor kitchen build at the spa...err.. I mean hide.

I struggled with how to build it so that it had lateral stability without any shear walls and without any triangle bracing.  It’s 14x24 and will only have posts on 4 corners.    Using LVL beams to span the distance and then a simple 6:12 gable roof.  Hardi trim and R Panel roofing to match the guest house and the main house.  The issue was the attachment to the posts (think building a table and how the legs have to be so solidly attached)

So I decided to build 4 steel columns out of 4x4 .250 wall square tubing.  8x8 .50 base plates with 3/4 inch stainless all thread glued into the slab.  Then 10ga sheet steel welded beam pockets that will allow them to bear on the column and then be bolted through to create rigidity.  That’s the plan anyhow.  We shall see.

Then I will cover the columns in treated to kinda make it look like treated posts to match the other two porches.

Any engineers want to speak up know, its not too late

« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 10:43:11 PM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12393 on: May 21, 2020, 09:15:08 AM »
I’d like to see a drawing of what ya got in mind.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12394 on: May 21, 2020, 09:20:37 AM »
I’d like to see a drawing of what ya got in mind.

Hope you can read crayon Dave. :)

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12395 on: May 21, 2020, 11:46:29 AM »
I work them kinda guys all day.  I actually have a guy who uses them instead of pencils

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12396 on: May 21, 2020, 12:35:52 PM »
Crayon, I thought it was a finger in the dirt? Then they learn to use a stick and maybe swing a hammer.

But must admit, I have my crayons and chalk,,,,,,,,,,

Build it big or not at all, right Charles!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12397 on: May 21, 2020, 01:32:35 PM »
Guys its a napkin sketch mostly in my head. Which is probably scarier.

Ill update the hide thread with more details

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12398 on: May 21, 2020, 02:09:40 PM »
For the record I rarely sketch anything down and I have a certificate in acad for architectural and mechanical drafting and design somewhere. Sketches are great for communicating but when you’re the one building it and it will change five times before it’s actually built a sketch is a waste of time unless it’s to scale checking clearances etc imo

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12399 on: May 21, 2020, 02:45:44 PM »
Jeez, I can't even get scetchup to work. Used to be OK at some of this but it has gone over my head.

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal