TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Hand Tools, Power Tools, Welders, etc

Woodland Mills HM-130 Sawmill

<< < (27/27)

Flyin6:
Not sure what you may be looking for, but mine finally wore out the blade guides, the "blade load" roller on the guides and the belt on the drive pulley. I purchased new parts and the saw was right back in order.
I managed to finally wear out a bunch of blades.
Pay attention to setting the tension (More than they prescribe, or it will cut propeller blades. Do not go to fast but just push it along. Low tension and going too fast will cause the blade to follow along the grain and not through it.
This is a good quality saw, and the blades they sell are good as well.
In my view, you do not need a big long track like mine (24 feet I think???)
I'd buy it again

stlaser:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on December 10, 2022, 06:34:15 PM ---Not sure what you may be looking for, but mine finally wore out the blade guides, the "blade load" roller on the guides and the belt on the drive pulley. I purchased new parts and the saw was right back in order.
Pay attention to setting the tension (More than they prescribe, or it will cut propeller blades. Do not go to fast but just push it along. Low tension and going too fast will cause the blade to follow along the grain and not through it.
I'd buy it again

--- End quote ---

Why not a long track? I was thinking 16’ worth, standard lumber length

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: stlaser on December 11, 2022, 12:33:44 AM ---
--- Quote from: Flyin6 on December 10, 2022, 06:34:15 PM ---Not sure what you may be looking for, but mine finally wore out the blade guides, the "blade load" roller on the guides and the belt on the drive pulley. I purchased new parts and the saw was right back in order.
I'd buy it again

--- End quote ---

Why not a long track? I was thinking 16’ worth, standard lumber length

--- End quote ---
Well, obviously, you need to set up for what you plan to cut.
I was thinking I'd need these uber-long 6X6's for a coming pole barn (Built already.)
Next, I noticed when I put a log on the deck, I was butting a lot off the big end just to get a good square on the small end. You really waste a lot doing that
But when I'd just cut a 10-footer, I could get 5-6 good boards out of it. This is my experience and my situation is different and I am inexperienced. Another thing I'd say is FOR SURE also buy yourself a chipper. You will get 5-10 waste pieces off each bunk. Now you can cut those down to fireplace length and have thinner pieces that will burn up in 15 minutes, or you can feed them to the chipper and have enough mulch to have beds all over the place. Cut just cedar, fill a pillow case and you have an instant aromatic dog bed. (Cats are tools and left outside, so who cares about them).

One other point. Buy the blades for what you are cutting as the teeth are a different pitch for pine vs oaks.

And my last piece of advice. When you are in the neighborhood, visit Don and grab a piece of something off his property so that something of mine can be nailed up in your place!
Oh, if you plan to cut 16' then you'll need track that goes 3' or so past that to take up the length of the trolly/cutter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version