Hello Guest

Author Topic: Used Material lift  (Read 560 times)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Used Material lift
« on: January 05, 2024, 10:27:48 PM »
Well, I got this thing today. Been looking and had one lined up that was electric but the guy sold it on me! Wanted for working on the mill, lifting things onto the truck/trailer without a hoist and be a great workstand for many things.

This is pump, not a crank so it will do. Wesco 60in rated at 1000lb in pretty good shape. Has a locking tab on the rear rolls smooth.

I looked up the wrong model and it is several inches to wide for man doors I have. (31in, need 28in) Also had this weird plate on it that was off in a minute with a grinder. Looked like there were 2 but one was removed already.

Still thinking it over, but I may narrow it a few inches. Pretty easy just cutting the legs off and pushing them in some. We will see,,,,,,,,,,,
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 09:14:05 PM by JR »
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Wesco Material lift
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 10:36:13 PM »
To mod is simple, just need to move the legs in flush on both sides. Then narrow the table, easy also. I want to add some hold down points and something in front for larger items

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 09:05:29 PM »
SO while I was starting to mod the wesco, I saw another that would suit my need better.

I welded the edge I had cut off the platform and its new home will be at the Ridge.

Thank god for paint, makes its look way better. I actually have a load of stuff to get up there. Even found #5 rebar for a good price on the way.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2024, 09:13:26 PM »
Lift I found was at a Fasenal down in Fremont. Got it for $250 and is much better for use at my little house/shop.

Goes though doorways, has adjustable forks (I will make a plate for it) and is almost the same capacity at 880lbs.

26in wide, forks are 25in and can go down between the legs. Needs a new release, but the vise grips were included.

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal