Hello Guest

Author Topic: Evidence of the spiritual world  (Read 2808 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Evidence of the spiritual world
« on: August 28, 2015, 09:00:42 AM »
Have you ever noticed something which seemed to be clear evidence of either God or the devil at work? There is a spiritual world at work all around us, and seems to go on without our noticing. Then all of a sudden we witness a "Strange Coincidence" which seems to defy logic or matches up with scripture.
I believe we are afforded glimpses into the spiritual world, of both the good and the evil sides. If you notice one of those occasions, post it here.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Evidence of the spiritual world
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 09:02:09 AM »
The other day when the stock market collapsed over a several day period, did anyone notice what the lowest number achieved on the NYSE was??

$15,666!

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 09:18:53 AM »

The other day when the stock market collapsed over a several day period, did anyone notice what the lowest number achieved on the NYSE was??

$15,666!

Please elaborate. What number is this in reference to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 09:19:42 AM »
Please elaborate. What number is this in reference to?

I think he was referring to the 666 portion of that number.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 09:21:32 AM »
Thanks Bobby, but I mean what at the exchange was the number in reference to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 10:03:28 AM »
This:

The Dow Jones industrial average — now in a brutal, six-day losing streak -- ended down 205 points, or 1.3% to 15,666.44. Losing 1.4% — 26 points — was the S&P 500, which settled at 1867.62

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 10:19:49 AM »
Bingo, there it is! Thanks for sharing. I was curious where that was from. Tuesday's close on DJIA.
NRA Life Member

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 11:42:54 AM »
Our dear friends Pat and Tom were like a 2nd set of parents to my wife and I. We met them when we moved out to Warm Beach back in 2008 after joining a community dinner party club. I always felt like I knew them more intimately than just a casual friendship and as it turns out we had many serendipitous events that only God could have outlined.

In 2008, Cyndie and I were working on a second child. We had a little trouble getting pregnant and had just decided to pray about it and let it happen when it was time. During this time period, Cyndie found a lumpy mass in her chest and was panic stricken as I was out of town on business. Pat was a breast cancer survivor of 18 years, so she was the natural person to turn to for support and comfort for Cyndie. Unfortunately she was out of town but offered to call one of her survivor support group friends to bring Cyndie to her mammogram appointment. As it turned out when Cyndie got in the car with Barb she immediately felt safe, and started talking with her. When she learned her last name was Hudson, she figured out that my Grandparents were their lifelong friends and I had spent many years running around their back yard and street with their grandkids growing up. Barb, was best friends with Pat.  In fact, I had already met Pat and Tom without realizing it in 1992 when they attended a 30th wedding anniversary for my grandparents, hosted at Barb's house.

Cyndie and Barb went to the mammogram appointment where they found nothing alarming, but thought to do a pregnancy test and as it turns out, she was pregnant and it was the cause of her lumpy mystery. It goes without saying that everyone was relieved, but this brought Cyndie and Pat very close, closer than Pat's own daughter in some respects. We would miscarry that child at 3-1/2 months, and once again Pat and Tom were there to help us through it. Pray with us, feed us dinner when we were devastated, and talk us through it. Pat had knitted a fuzzy jacket for what she KNEW would be here surrogate granddaughter before the miscarriage, and told us to just be patient and it would all work out. 3 months later we were pregnant with Sophie, (you see her in my avatar) and they were the best adoptive grandparents. Many wonderful stories over the 7 years we got to be with them.

Sadly, Pat's doctors had taken her off her hormone suppression therapy a few years back and after a very painful trip to CA, she went in to get her back checked out. Her breast cancer had returned with a vengeance, metastasizing in her spine, damaging bone, and also in her brain and liver. The prognosis was grim. She was given 6 months, and made it a full year and half before she passed. Tom, who had been rather sickly for most of his life, simply got an infection and died 8 months later at 65. Sophie was 3 at this time but asked, what happened to her Auntie Pat and Uncle Tom? I explained to her as simply as I could that God needed them to come home and he would make them happy and healthy and they would wait for us to come see them later.

At their memorial service, held at their lake house, we mingled with friends and family and did the usual thing, when I noticed Sophie was all by herself sitting in Pat's chair at the dinner table. When I asked her why she was sitting all alone, she said, "I'm talking with Auntie Pat Daddy. I told her I want her to come see me but she said I have to wait".

Later that night, Pat visited Cyndie in a dream. She let her know that she was OK, and that Tom was with her. She told her everything was going to be ok, and not to worry. I can't help but believe that God set this up from the beginning, knowing we would need them through some of the hardest times in our lives, and I'm thankful for that.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 06:08:29 PM »
I cannot help but think of the movie staring Greg Kinear as a pastor, who's son dies/near dies on the operating table- think its titled "Heaven is Real" and based upon a true story.

Same can be said of "feelings" surrounding this site and Glorious developments you had premonition to, then were confirmed by another member- it's all around us, we just need to be aware and receptive!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 06:56:20 PM »
Absolutely. Love this place. i'll have to check Netflix for the Greg Kinnear movie you mentioned. sounds good.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2015, 03:58:28 PM »
I cannot help but think of the movie staring Greg Kinear as a pastor, who's son dies/near dies on the operating table- think its titled "Heaven is Real" and based upon a true story.

Same can be said of "feelings" surrounding this site and Glorious developments you had premonition to, then were confirmed by another member- it's all around us, we just need to be aware and receptive!

Absolutely. Love this place. i'll have to check Netflix for the Greg Kinnear movie you mentioned. sounds good.

Movie and Book are titled "Heaven is For Real" the author and father is Todd Burpo, a small town pastor and at that time garage door company owner/installer in south west Nebraska. I highly recommend the book. I will say there was comfort found in it for me and my wife.

In April of this year a close friend of mine was visited by his grandmother who passed many years ago. Later in that week when he and I were on the phone I was talking to him about a dream. The dream which my wife and I, and some random lady ended up wrecking our pickup into a lake, tailgate end first. I remember just before hitting the water, then coming up through the water not knowing how we got out of the truck, and next thing I know we were on the bank looking at our truck on the bottom of the lake. The lady still there, but never said a word to us, she was just there. I came to realize it was her that actually got us out of our truck. In talking to my friend about it the goosebumps rose and I realized this woman was his grandmother, he thinks she was saying thanks to me for some past events. Retelling this now and remembering it so clearly, I find comfort that He is always with those who have accepted Him.

There is no question God is at work amongst man, just as Satan is. It is indeed up to us to listen when we ask questions to God, and know an answer is coming. Like wise we must always pay attention to how He could be working in our lives. I have learned that I often don't know at the time He is working, but I can look back and see He was working and always for my protection and betterment. Trust in Him, as He has given us the free will to do so and does not demand it from us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal