Hello Guest

Author Topic: Coincidence? I think not...  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Coincidence? I think not...
« on: June 11, 2017, 11:51:12 AM »
So as I posted a while ago my Mother In Law passed away a week and a half ago. We had the wake Friday night and funeral yesterday. In talking to people and then something that occurred at the funeral and graveside I just had to comment on it.

I know a lot of people say that they don't believe in God because they "don't have proof". As much as that is what faith is about (believing in the existence of something you can't see or touch) they choose to draw a line there. I get that at one level but then have to look beyond that and see what else we see? Is it all truly random? And what are the odds of certain coincidences being purely random?

As background my mother in law was paralyzed on her right side. For years she walked with a cane, then a walker, finally a wheelchair and then eventually she was bedridden as the paralysis soread. This was an awful thing and led to her premature death at 76. She was a tall woman (5'10") who loved to dance and auditioned for many shows in Boston, so this paralysis was heartbreaking for her.

In those later years when she was bedridden it was really awful for her, and her family as her body continued to shut down, depriving her of movement. Add dementia to that which only made it worse for everyone. When she passed she was a completely broken woman and it was truly sad to see.

I belI've there were a number of things that occurred the day before her death through yesterday's funeral that told all of us that she was okay and in a better place. But we have to be willing to see them. When I list all the items, I will leave it to you to decide.

The day before she passed (and mind you she was sick as described, but nothing extraordinary, nothing to indicate she would pass quickly) my father in law had a dream or "heard her" say (but not from talking to her) that she wanted to go home. She had been living in a nursing home for the previous two years.

My wife had a dream that night where her mother was clear of mind and said to my wife she wanted "to go". My wife told me in the morning after she had it and neither of us knew what the day would bring.

That afternoon my wife got a call that she was not doing well and needed to be taken to the hospital where she would pass a few hours later.

My wife's cousin had a dream that night after hearing of her aunt's passing, that she was running in a garden. She told me it was the most vivid dream she had ever had and it woke her out of a sound sleep.

My brother in law and his girlfriend were driving up that weekend to be with us. They each had a Diet Coke. His girlfriend remarked she was having a drink with "Frank" or something (Diet Coke and Coke have a campaign where they put random names on cans and bottles). She asked my brother in law who he was having a drink with. He said "I don't know lemme see....." and he turned the bottle to see his mother's name on the bottle.

Then at the funeral one of the readings was done by my MIL's god-daughter and close cousin of my wife. As she stepped up the two small stairs into the sanctuary her right shoe came off. She stopped and slipped it back on and did the reading. My MIL, due to her paralysis, would always lose a shoe. And it was always her right one.

At the graveside after the priest said a few words family members were invited to place a flower on my MIL's urn (she was cremated). One girl walked up to place a flower. As she bent down to place the flower, she lost her shoe. Her right shoe. The girl? The daughter of my wife's cousin who had done the reading and also lost her shoe.

I don't know how you calculate the "odds" for these things occurring, and I get that some out there might chalk it all up to random. But not me. For me these were signs that my MIL IS in a better place and her broken body and mind ARE healed, and she was telling us that, and telling us she is still with us, albeit in a different way and form.

So that's my story. Truly amazing.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: Coincidence? I think not...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 01:25:05 PM »
Great share, thank you
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 03:39:28 PM »
Seems to be far more than a coincidence.
Thanks for sharing.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 10:14:22 PM »
Thanks for sharing. She is in a better place for sure.

My mother goes home Tuesday.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 11:00:29 PM »
Glad to hear that JR....so they found the problem with the bloodflow? I'm guessing she's on thinners too? Good luck!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 12:12:34 AM »
Comforting!

God loves us, Faith carries us the rest of the way, to the place where grace delivers us.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 12:12:48 AM »
Thinners and more, but have Not found the issue but stable enough not to need rehab now with 2 apt next month.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 12:03:58 PM »
That's a beautiful story Wilbur, thank you for sharing. It's when we're more contemplative and slow down life enough to observe that we see the small miracles that truly reflect the hand of God and his omnipresence. Proof? what more proof does one need?
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 12:16:59 PM »
Thanks for sharing Wilbur. Not coincidence.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal