Hello Guest

Author Topic: prayers requested  (Read 2425 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
prayers requested
« on: November 14, 2014, 10:17:01 AM »
a good friend of mine named ken price (retired CW4 and a fellow VFW member) has been having a hard time with some medical healing.  he went in about a month ago to have some stints put in, and he has been in and out of the ICU ever since because the incisions are not healing up and continue to bleed pretty bad.  i ask that ken price and his wife laura remain in your thoughts and prayers please.  thank you.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: prayers requested
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 05:03:08 PM »
OK Nate

Father, we lift up this man for healing of his wounds. Heal and mend him in the name of Jesus, Amen
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 05:19:55 PM »
curent update:  he is out of surgery and in recovery, i will notify when i hear something.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 06:19:32 PM »
In my prayers Nate. Keep us posted.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 11:33:41 PM »
So here is the latest.  He went into surgery around 0845, out of surgery at 1330ish, about 2 hours later when he came to he said his chest felt heavy and was having some trouble breathing, they took him to the cath lab, they found bad news, went back into surgery and gave him another stint, he came out around 1900ish, they said he had fluid on and in his lungs, dr's were hoping they didn't have to intobate, he is currently In icu resting and being monitored.  I will post an update in the morning.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 08:33:11 AM »
Prayers...

Any additional news?

And

Is the man saved?

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 08:32:57 AM »
Update, Nate...??

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 10:12:27 AM »
Here is the current update: he now has a total of 7 stints, blood pressure is doing well, orignal wound has stopped bleeding and starting to heal we very well, they did not have to intibate and the fluid on his lungs has dissapeared.  Now starts the recovery process in the icu, which I think they will keep him in the hospital longer this time to ensure he is doing what they tell him to do (seems to be a warrant officer thing....lol?) And things do not open back up and start bleeding again.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 02:48:09 PM »
Excellent news!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 07:14:23 PM »
Hey Nate-

How's Ken doing?
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 08:48:48 AM »
well, ken ended up back in the hospital last sat morning, incisions started to bleed again, had another surgery, this man is not doing to well or should I say not healing well at all.  I have been busy all week and have not had a chance to go see him.  I will contact his wife and find out the latest later today.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2014, 09:05:20 AM »
OK, everyone, when you read this, pray it as well.

Father God, let your will in the life of this man, Ken, be done. I humbly ask that you send healing to him to control the bleeding. As you tell us in Romans 8, our spirit groans. It talks to you in ways we cannot understand. Life, human life, is not meant to be easy, more of a test really, it is not what happens to us that matters, but how we react to these things which do.

In Kens life let the messenger touch him. Allow him to come to know you if he does not, and to draw close through affliction if he does. Human life is not eternal, but spiritual life is. Although we often see through human eyes and see the body broken, or diseased, or aged, these conditions are temporal and not eternal. We ask for eternal spiritual healing for this man, and if it is in your will Father, please grant him healing of his body in these days while he and all of us live in this life, Amen

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2014, 12:35:48 PM »
AMEN!

i will show him these prayers when i see him, i will also get an answer to the previous question.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2014, 08:07:14 PM »
Well i went and seen ken today, he seems to be doing really good, in good spirits, and got chastised from me for being a hard headed warrant.  Hopefully he will be going home tomorrow or sat morning.

I showed him the prayers you all have given in his name and was very humbled and said thankyou to you all.  And to answer the question, yes he is a man that believes in the lord.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2014, 09:22:46 PM »
Well, all of that is good news!
Especially the last part!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal