Hello Guest

Author Topic: New ThermoWorks  (Read 923 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
New ThermoWorks
« on: June 24, 2020, 10:21:11 PM »
Got a new ThermoWorks Signals 4 channel monitor with Bluetooth and WiFi and mobile phone app.  Hope to get it in before I make the brisket that’s in the fridge.

https://www.thermoworks.com/Signals?color=9&undefined=TX-1500-PR

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: New ThermoWorks
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 10:38:48 PM »
ooooohhhhhhhhhhh new BBQ tools!!!!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 07:53:47 AM »
Yup.  Gonna report back.  It should monitor air temp and 3 separate probes, that I can use to monitor meat.  Each will have a separate alarm for when it reaches the desired temp.  No more running back and forth sticking a thermometer in the meat.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 11:40:03 AM »
are the probes point/tip read or are they across the whole probe? 

i ask, because i have only seen 1 probe setup that reads across the entire probe.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 12:19:14 PM »
I’m going to assume just the tip, which is what I would think I would want since I usually take the temp in the thickest part of the meat.

This will really come in handy for the bird at thanksgiving.  I’ll know the thigh temp and breast temp and can take action to slow the breast cook down

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal