Hello Guest

Author Topic: Kyle's LBZ Build  (Read 59547 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Kyle's LBZ Build
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2015, 10:25:26 AM »
Now if I could just get rid of that hiss at idle!

You can. Possibly without changing anything else other than hiss to rumble.

Easy, basically just adjust VPOS at idle.
But LML tuning is nothing...Repeat: nothing like the previous years, so I'm sorry my friend, but any tuning on that engine is the stuff of custom tuners only at the current state of the art!

Fair enough. Either way, pretty sure default now by the majors (ATP, PPEI, DT) with EFI for LML is rumble idle.

I actually liked the hiss idle on stock w/delete tuning, esp when the vanes would cycle. People look around like what the world was that haha.
Yea, they do!
I don't know, it sounds weird to me especially with that 400 cu in V8 hammering away up front.

Best thing I could do would be just to extract the tunes and sell the H&S tuner for the $1500 Ken suggests and apply that toward a fresh P-Pump Cummins!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2015, 12:12:17 AM »
Small update, just got back from vacation Saturday and got a couple things done.

First, had to change the air filter. Old one was pretty dirty, had one laying around so figured why not. Replaced a Donaldson with a Delco OEM drop in.

Next up was the All On lights mod. Ordered the circuit board from Fleece via Merchant Automotive. Extremely simple to install. $20 bucks well spent.

Low beams on, fogs on

Now with brights on, All On

More things waiting for next full service day... hopefully in the next month or so.

Also placed an order for some more goodies within Phase 1... stay tuned!
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2015, 02:00:08 AM »
Fumitomos are nice, just a tad slow.

I like the board for all lights on. I have the painless kit and the fogs go off on HB.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2015, 07:54:36 AM »
Oh, NO!

Fluid change...

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2015, 11:36:07 AM »
Fumitomos are nice, just a tad slow.

That's ok. I'm a bit slow too  ;D

No mess, I'm down with that!

Oh, NO!

Fluid change...

I know! I inspected everything yesterday, and the oil seriously is as clean as my wife's Acura... it looks like oil out of the bottle, no black at all. So no hurry there, it was obviously just changed at the dealer before I bought it. Trans fluid looks real clean too, though the filter looks oldish, so I might do a drain and fill on the trans and swap filters. I do want to drain and fill the diffs and transfer case too, so those are definitely on the docket for "service day." Going to use Mobil 1 Syn 75w90 in the front and rear, Mobil 1 Syn Dex 4 in the TC, and Mobil 1 Syn Dex 6 in the Trans. Finally i'm going to run Mobil Delvac 1300 in the engine, and all OEM filters. I had ran Delo 400 in my LMM, but from what I've read the Delvac is one of the better dino CI-4 oils, and is one of the best at keeping the 6.6 typewriter tick at bay...

If anybody else runs Mobil lubricants, I've attached a rebate form for a promo they're running now. I need to confirm if it applies to the the Delvac Syn ATF, which is an Allison approved TES-295 ATF.
https://mobildelvac.com/en/automatic-transmission-fluids/mobil-delvac-synthetic-atf
http://www.allisontransmission.com/parts-service/approved-fluids/on-highway-fluids

There is a separate rebate form for the Delvac line of oil...
https://mobiloil.com/en/promotion/mobil-promotions/save-up-to-60-dollars-with-mobil-delvac
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 11:43:30 AM by Dawg25385 »
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2015, 12:02:56 PM »
No thought of using the Amsoil products?
That bypass oil filter system is still returning good results on oil that has been in there some 30,000 miles. Not that said I top up with new oil as the engine consumes it and I changed the filters so 3 quarts there, but the lab results continue to confirm the oil is still working at above 90% of new capacity!

Watch those oil changes though...

While you're under there you get to looking at things. You might settle in on the exhaust, then before you know it a package arrives from MBRP. Duane stared too long at that differential. Now he is dealing with all sorts of boxes with various axle and differential parts...

Not saying I am thusly afflicted, but getting carried away is a distinct possibility!

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2015, 12:31:48 PM »
No thoughts of Amsoil here, no... glad to hear you're having good results though!

I hear ya on rollin around and gettin' to lookin' at things... already been eyeballin' that exhaust somethin' fierce...
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2015, 12:46:54 PM »
No thoughts of Amsoil here, no... glad to hear you're having good results though!

I hear ya on rollin around and gettin' to lookin' at things... already been eyeballin' that exhaust somethin' fierce...
Told ya!

Eyeballin' things for too long will cause them to fail!
Yep, proven fact!
You eyeball that exhaust much longer and you'll convince yourself it needs to come off.
Odd, though, it is made from stainless steel and will undoubtedly outlast time, but the simple act of staring at it will get it to the point where you pull it off and discard it!

Be careful young man, be careful!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 12:49:45 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2015, 02:29:37 PM »
I use a bypass with a Amsoil filter, just not their system and Rotella Oil. I go 10k on changes now and already did the all syn switch everywhere else.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2015, 08:22:07 PM »
More parts arrived... This Friday going to be installing my CTS and dash pod, reconditioning my bedliner with forever black gel dye, reinstalling my truck box and bull rings, and hopefully leveling my tow mirrors.

Btw I caught an unadvertised sale on the CTS on Amazon, as cheap as I've seen them new... $336 no tax free shipping

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 08:26:34 PM by Dawg25385 »
NRA Life Member

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2015, 09:40:18 PM »
You'll like the CTS. Mine has been solid since they came out. I found a cool backup camera on ebay for about $20 that you can mount on the tailgate edge.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2015, 09:46:35 PM »
Even had enough left over for flowers!

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2015, 10:34:01 PM »
You'll like the CTS. Mine has been solid since they came out. I found a cool backup camera on ebay for about $20 that you can mount on the tailgate edge.

Yeah! Had one on my LMM, love it! I want to ultimately add a camera as well.

Even had enough left over for flowers!

Those are for my grammas! Though i can't take credit, wife bought em! ::)
NRA Life Member

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2015, 11:33:24 PM »
I have about 5 of them rolling around. Kinda worthless to have em all, just seemed to happen.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2015, 11:50:55 PM »
I have about 5 of them rolling around. Kinda worthless to have em all, just seemed to happen.

Cameras i hope, and not CTS's LOL
NRA Life Member

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2015, 01:23:05 AM »
Had a great day today working on the truck… fortunately got to take advantage of some breaks in the weather to get the things done I wanted to do. First I installed my Insight CTS, then I leveled the tow mirrors, and lastly I reconditioned my spray in bedliner.

First thing in the morning, I put a couple coats of vinyl-dye/paint on the CTS pod and also an area of my dash that needed to be touched up.

Disassembling the dash, running cables, and aligning the pod.

I used the throttle cable grommet to run the EGT cable, and I also ran a couple other wires through it, knotted on each end, so I can easily pull more things through in the future without taking the grommet out.

All hooked up and rockin and rollin’

Next up was the tow mirrors. Turned out to be pretty easy, but some parts were a real pain in the butt. Getting the covers off was a chore… luckily I didn’t break the tabs off.

Drivers side, I used 2 stainless steel 1/4” washers

Passenger side, which was a little more difficult… I used 3 washers, because they were still not level with just 2.

A little trick I found… I used a fishing swivel to get the washers into place, then inserted the screw putting tension on the washes to hold them in place while I removed the swivel, since I couldn’t get my fingers in there.

I also had to make a MAYDAY trip to Ace when I accidentally flung one of the bolts into the yard and couldn’t find it after 20 mins of searching on my hands and knees… I imagine I’ll find it… with the mower… and retrieve it from the living room… after it’s gone through the huge window. #FAIL
Finally, had to use a Dremel to remove some material off of the covers. Yes that’s a duct tape bandaid. That’s what happens when you stab your thumb with a screw driver.

Before

After

Next project was reconditioning my spray in bedliner. The black was getting pretty faded, with some streaks that were pretty lame, so I researched and decided to try “Forever Black” bedliner dye. It’s a polymer dye gel.

All done!

Ahh yes, got a new pair of work boots today too!

Well that’s a wrap… Going to put my truck box and bull rings in tomorrow after the bedliner dye has fully dried. Picked up a heat gun today too… so maybe tomorrow I’ll de-mold! ;)
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2015, 10:23:39 AM »
I like it!

Good project day!

Isn't that both fun and satisfying...getting something done that YOU did!

And of course the duct tape Band-Aid seemed very familiar to me

Well done, drive on...CM

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2015, 11:06:15 AM »
Yes, it was a great day. Pretty much dawn till dusk I was doing stuff for ME, which rarely happens   ;D Since it is the rare financial market holiday, where it isn't a bank holiday too, wifey had to work and my team and I had it off.

Got to spend a lot of time thinking as I was tinkering and doing errands, since there was really nobody to talk to, and nobody talkin' at me. Thought a lot about the torture  Christ went through, culminating in death, on that day 2000 odd years ago, for me, for you, for everyone. Praise the Lord.
NRA Life Member

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2015, 01:31:26 PM »
Got my truck box and rear bull rings in this morning

NRA Life Member

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2015, 01:20:43 AM »
You have been busy, good work.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2015, 10:21:18 AM »
Looks nice Kyle.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2015, 01:11:33 PM »
Shifted gears a bit, didn’t get to de-mold the truck on Sunday, just didn’t feel up to it. Wanted to wait for a warmer day anyhow. Instead I just tinkered around the garage.

First, I loaded up my new grease gun with a tube of Shaeffer’s 274. It's a Lincoln pneumatic. I got this for Christmas, and haven't used it yet, so I figured it was time to get it ready to go.

Next, I gave a little TLC to some of my dad’s lawn equipment. Cleaned them up, degreased the motors and decks, and put a little fresh paint down. First up is the power rake, awesome piece of equipment for de-thatching if you’ve never used one.

Got a little overspray on the driveway, oops. Guess I’ll be powerwashing that sooner than later. I did a terrible job on the wheels too, so I’ll be redoing those.
Next was the tiller. It’s an older unit, but has a new motor. Gets the job done!

Lastly, I got the dump trailer from my dad. Going to put it to work next weekend making a dump run, and then maybe a run of yard waste after thatching and trimming some trees.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 01:20:33 PM by Dawg25385 »
NRA Life Member

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2015, 02:05:08 AM »
Well I finally found some time to get some maintenance done on the truck. I had aspirations of doing everything bow to stern, but I didn’t get everything done. I got the oil changed and the Fumoto valve in, got the Allison drained and refilled with Transynd (and filter change), and the rear diff drained and filled with Mobil 1 Synthetic 75w90. I have to say, I am sold on running Delvac under the hood. I had the really annoying typewriter tick at idle, had it with both Delo and Rotella. After it pressured up with Delvac…. Gone. Delvac is CI-4, not CJ-4 like the new gen diesel oils, maybe that has something to do with it... higher ash content i think, or something. Either way, no more tick, quiet and happy. Oil is super clean too in this truck, clean as my wife’s Acura on the dipstick, not black at all.

Funny story, I think Goliath himself installed the Allison external filter, it took me a good 30 mins to an hour to get it off. Partly because I didn't have a proper fitting band wrench, and the cheap gizmo I bought at NAPA after failing to buy a set of proper filter pliers left me resorting to punishing it with channel locks. It came off, but not without a fight. I was happy to see a general lack of shavings on the magnet though, so that was good news.

Sorry for being light on pics also, it was threatening to rain pretty much the whole time I was rolling around outside, so I was in a hurry.

I still have to do the transfer case, front diff, and fuel filter, as well as grease the front end. All and all, it was a good day. Got a ton of other stuff done too, non truck related.

New tool update: On my way back from the dump this morning, I stopped and picked up a new Jack/Creeper combo I’ve been eyeballing. 95 bucks for a 3 ton jack, 2 jackstands, and a creeper. Not too shabby!

NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2015, 07:50:07 AM »
Amazingly well kept truck!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2015, 10:42:45 AM »
it may have been stated already or not but, are you planning on doing the x-case pump rub upgrade?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2015, 12:00:56 PM »
Yep sure am. Might have a shop do it, I'm not feeling all warm and fuzzy about tearin into that puppy...
NRA Life Member

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2015, 12:51:41 PM »
For some reason I expected to see HF stuff there, nice choice.

That tic is common in all dmaxs and even more so just after an oil change. They say it is something in the oil passages and never heard of it causing any issues.

Yup, just do the rub or it will show up, mine did.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2015, 02:54:36 PM »
I went with Craftsman, as it was cheaper to get the combo, and everything had pretty good reviews. Even the creeper is pretty nice, which you would expect that would be junk in a combo.

I know, my LMM had it and it drove me crazy. The LBZ had it too, but i tell you what... it's gone with Delvac. I'd read that others said Delvac was one of the best to keep the tick at bay, and have to say I concur. I also read it's "normal", and there's a TSB out too. Yes it's harmless, but still annoying!

10-4 on the rub kit. It's on the list of things to do, pretty high up there. When i was rolling around inspecting yesterday I didn't see any evidence of leaks, so that's relieving. I just need to get the house financed and under construction, and then I'll have a couple more shillings to work with and get that taken care of. For now, wife and I are trying to watch spending very closely so we'll have as much as possible in the bank when we go to close financing!  ;)
NRA Life Member

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2015, 09:29:55 PM »
I have run royal purple ever since I bought mine (100+k ago) and I have never heard any sort of tick and I dont change but every 15k.

the pump rub fix  is really easy and ill comment on that later.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2015, 09:32:23 PM »
I have run royal purple ever since I bought mine (100+k ago) and I have never heard any sort of tick and I dont change but every 15k.

the pump rub fix  is really easy and ill comment on that later.
Nate, did someone put that in the DIY section? I guess I could go look...
Kyle, if you take this on. please post up here and in the DIY section. This chore will be repeated by many I fear

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2015, 10:14:03 PM »
I'm gonna be honest, the chances of me attempting this DIY are between slim and none... And Slim is about to skip town. Until we get our house built (estimated September), I dont have a proper workbench, let alone a garage I can fit the truck in.
NRA Life Member

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2015, 10:37:28 PM »
I still need to do mine. I'll post it up when I do. Ice is finally done I think so I'll have a bit of time to do this and my bumpers.  :-\
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2015, 07:31:25 PM »
Got a full day to do 'man stuff' tomorrow... so here's a little teaser of things to come...

June 26
Order wheels/tires
Install New Curt Hitch
Install New Hopkins Trailer Plug
De-Mold

Also if I have time I'm going to go cut a load of firewood from the slash pile up at our property. Some decent sticks of fir and maple already limbed up ready to buck. There's a nice big alder log up there that would make excellent cooking firewood, so I'm going to grab my new Stihl MS291 and the dump trailer and head up there and try to get a nice big load.
NRA Life Member

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2015, 11:20:59 PM »
that maple hopefully is going to be kept aside for the smoker...........?

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2015, 12:17:54 AM »
I actually have a pellet smoker, but I'm planning to build a big open pit rotisserie at our new place. Good cooking wood will be kept for that ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NRA Life Member

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2015, 06:45:46 PM »
Got a lot of stuff done this weekend… and as typically the case, all of it took much longer than I thought!

First, I got new wheels and tires ordered. Ended up going with the Fuel Maverick in 17x9, and the Cooper ATP in 285/70r17. Might have to trim a little plastic, but my wife said 265/70r17 would be “puny”. So should get those on Thursday…
Next I started on the running boards, quickly realized that they were secured with the body bolts… and I was going to need an impact gun… off to Home Depot and picked up their Husky 800 ft/lb model.. not sure if that’s legit, but it got the bolts out! Didn’t break the bank either, so that was good.

Steps off..

Started to sand these up, and spot treat the rust on the brackets…

Then hit with the primer…

I was planning on spraying these with bedliner and putting them back on, but 2 things happened. 1) I kinda like how it looks without the steps, and 2) the primer didn't take real well, so i didn't want to waste 50 bucks worth of bedliner spray on them if it wasn't going to hold up. So i'm in a holding pattern on those.

Next I started on the de-badge, de-mold. The moldings were all faded and shot anyway, so they had to come off. I do like the de-molded look, so it worked out. Getting the moldings off was a piece of cake with some 30 lb test fishing line….

Getting the adhesive off was another story… my fingers are still numb. I have heard the Magic Eraser Wheel works good, but have also heard some people say it took up paint, so I didn’t want to risk it.

Recruited some help from my sister… Guess she felt obligated since I just basically remodeled her whole house LOL

Found a plastic card helped scrape.

Got it all off, just need to use some Goof Off on the glue residue now.

Helped a buddy re-roof a duplex this morning from dawn till around noon, and then got to cut some firewood. The stumping crew at our property did a decent job of sorting the piles, there’s a stump pile, a slash pile, and then this, which has been picked over pretty good already. Lots of rotten stuff in there now, but I got a good pickup load of mixed fir, alder, and maple. First time using my new saw too… definitely has enough power for my needs. Brand new sharp chain helps also!

Here’s how the truck looks de-stepped, de-badged, and de-molded also. Can’t wait for the new wheels and tires to go on and get those grampa wheels off there :D

Doesn't look like much, but that was a whole mounted bed full, stacked, and on the tailgate too.

Didn’t get to install the new Curt hitch unfortunately. Guess it’s good to leave something for next time!
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2015, 08:44:13 AM »
I'm not much on those wheels either, but I do like the cleaner look you have there.

Maybe you should consider selling those side steps to fund a new set of diesel spark plugs or something. Then show up down here for a visit and I'll do you up a set of respectable steps/sliders/side ramming devices w/spare tool cache and aux air tank along with a secret compartment for two extra 30 round mags!

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2015, 11:20:53 AM »
I was planning on swapping my spark plugs when i flush the blinker fluid... i think i prob need some new tools first though :D

steps/sliders/side ramming devices.... very versatile! probably super lightweight too. think my factory leafs will hold up or should i prepare for a set of overloads as well LOL

new wheels and tires Thursday hopefully! they're on order...
NRA Life Member

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2015, 03:03:36 PM »
Got my new wheels and tires put on today! Fuel Maverick 17x9 and Cooper ATP 285/70r17. Only minor trimming needed: front valance and front part of the fender liner. Will have to take a heat gun and mold the top of my flaps back a tad, as they rub, but only at full lock.

What do you guys think?? Lookin aight huh?

NRA Life Member

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2015, 03:16:57 PM »
A

O

K

From here! :2thumbsup
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2015, 04:02:33 PM »
Kyle, if you took that storage box out of the truck you could get some fire wood moved, or grab the dump trailer and move a couple cord at a time.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2015, 04:07:51 PM »
Yeah, I had intended on using the dump trailer, but I let my buddy borrow it (the one i helped tear off an old composition roof). And it was 90*+ when i was cutting, so truthfully, i tapped out after getting what i could into the bed of the truck. Was just pouring sweat, especially since i was a good boy and wore my Kevlar chaps. The pile is still up there, so i may cut some more, we'll see.
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2015, 10:04:19 PM »
I like em'

Offline Britt

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2015, 11:50:53 AM »
Looks good.
Now that you're an expert on molding and goo removal, you can come do mine if you'd like :D
'05 Chevy 2500hd
Luke 22:36, Matthew 19:26

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2015, 12:07:12 PM »
I tell you what..... it is a PAIN. The molding removal was easy, but the adhesive removal is a nightmare. I think it's probably easier on newer trucks where the adhesive is still relatively 'fresh', but I've spent hours with goo gone and goof off and there's still some traces of residue on there. Will probably hit it one more time and then call it good... maybe have it detailed and see if they can get it off with a rubbing compound or something.
NRA Life Member

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2015, 01:48:41 PM »
Want to do mine to just never got around to it. I am probably in the same boat as you,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2015, 05:33:45 PM »
Use some grizzly grease...Ash has some and Tate sells it!

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2015, 06:19:58 PM »
Never heard of the stuff.... but it looks like its for leather boots?  :o
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2015, 09:21:41 PM »
Never heard of the stuff.... but it looks like its for leather boots?  :o
Ask Tate, he knows better than I

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2015, 10:48:45 AM »
ah yes the Grizzly Grease. Like blinker fluid and muffler bearings. Pretty sure D's goofin on ya here. I do have posi additive that smells like whale urine and some high temp, high pressure super joint grease, but I don't think they'll be much help here. I have however used this in my detailing years with a lot of success, along with good old fashioned lacquer thinner. just keep it moving and wipe it dry when you're not moving. http://www.hillas.com/Categories/3M-Automotive-and-Specialty-Vehicle-Cleaners/3M-General-Purpose-Adhesive-Cleaner-08984-1-Quart-US-6-per-case.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwiZitBRCy0pb3rIbG9XwSJACmuvvzj8flkp5kIzYispCXCVtSmH4DQcfTzRYImg-J_LDivRoCk8rw_wcB
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal