VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Everything Trailer, Camper, or RV related

Truck Camper Build for Alaska Trip Summer 17

<< < (2/42) > >>

kampfitt:
The truck doesn't even know it's there! Camper is only 1500 lbs. and one of my many planed mods is to take the bumpers off the front of camper, they're aprox.  3" deep so you don't hit the top of your bed rail. Going in their place will be a tailgate bed mat so their is something between my fuel tank and the front of the camper. That will move it 2 1/2" more forward. The camper only hangs over about 24" from the bed some of the truck campers you can get for our short box trucks are HUGE with as much overhang and tons more weight!  My eldest son works at a local fab shop, so we'll take tailgate off and come out of the trailer hitch with a angled support up to the bottom of the camper in 2 places. Also this gives me a spot to mount steps. 

kampfitt:
Well my wife got the outside washed today, looks lots better. After work today pulled couch and frame so we can get rid of the nasty carpet!

Then I started on battery and water tank area. I want to clean all this up so I can add dual batteries and my charge controller for the solar.

The water tank had about 2" of water left in it! Lots of scum when I dumped it out. I'll fill it with a cup of bleach/water to the top and let it set for a few days to see if I can save the tank. Younger Son coming up tonight to shoot handguns if the weather holds so no work on camper till Monday. Everyone have a good Mothers Day, out with my Mom, Dad and my family tomorrow.

kampfitt:
Well my boys built 3 new targets, AR-200 steel plate and 1" tube lower

Nice angle splatter goes down right along the angle of the plate

Works  great !  9mm 223 12ga slug

Little work camper
Got more carpet removed

Water tank and battery removed

Flyin6:
I'm excited about this build and seeing this camper being used on the upcoming trip

Good stuff!

fenriswolf039:
I shall also be watching this with much interest.

I've got a cargo van that's just dying for some camperizing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version