Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1351605 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #13250 on: October 02, 2020, 09:14:43 AM »
Was about 1/2 way home and about 65 miles to go when the alternator gave up. Picked up a new one at Napa and drove to a buddies house to install it before it killed the batteries. It was the most brutal alternator install. The bushing that we’re supposed to float in the bracket we’re stuck hard. Finally just took about .030 off the ears of the alternator to get it to slide in and then couldn’t get the bolts to line up to save my life. Finally with a block of wood and a big hammer I got it in. I had to move the compressor out of the way and since I upgraded to the 130amp and it was larger I had to bend the AC pipe coming off the muffler.  As careful as I was it seems that may have been a mistake. I now have no AC.

Well. Off to the AC shop in the morning.  I’m over it for the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigger begat more work and I’m thinking this is how Dons builds normally start.....  :popcorn:
Not just mine my friend!
JR: walked upon his land and was fine until he stuck a shovel into the dirt...

Tex bought a place which was useable, but at some distant point in time he raked leaves or something...

You innocently enough rented an open space for your hobbies, then moved some tools into the place...the rest is history.

Ken purchased a mini-excavator and power washed it. Now he is slaving on some land in Idaho he never dreampt about back then (Or somethin' like that)

Nate pulled some weeds around a new house. That initiated the eventual remodelling of the whole thing

Mike added onto his garage in Minnesota. Now he lives in Florida

It's everyone, not just me
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13251 on: October 02, 2020, 09:30:04 AM »
So from the file of “Redneckery”....

I was feeling a bit down.  I had an alternator failure on the way home, The lift gate struts on the wife’s minivan were bad and the worst was that the keurig coffee machine quit working.

Then upon repairing the alternator the AC quit working.....

So I decided to just write a check and let the AC guy in my neighborhood fix it.  He’s been in the hood for years and is the most honest reasonable mechanic I know (we’ll maybe withe the possible exception of a couple of knucklheads here). I learned that some years ago with my AC quit working and I dropped it off and he had it back that afternoon for $75.  He replaced a leaking O ring on the back of the compressor instead of charging me $800 to replace a compressor.

So I got up this morning chewing chain and spitting nails from no coffee and set about on doing what had to be done.  I worked on the coffee pot, disassembling, cleaning and being on the phone with tech support.  Finally got the brewing needle unclogged and it brews like a champ ($300 bill avoided for a replacement)

So with my new found attitude adjustment (coffee IV) I set about replacing the struts on the van.  Knocked out in 10 minutes.

Then cranked up the Bus and headed to the AC shop.  Upon arriving at 08:03 Neil was not open yet so as I sat waiting, I remembered that as the alternator failed, I began to take non critical systems off line, cut the AC, radio, and pulled over and pulled the fuse for the lift pump.  I had not put the lift pump fuse back in so I popped the hood and pulled the cover and reinserted the fuse.  It’s a piggy back fuse holder.  As I did that I thought “surely the fuse it’s piggy backing on is not the AC fuse”

So I reached in and flipped the AC switch and BOOM the compressor lit.....

It’s gonna be a great day.  Coffee working, wife glad her secondary ride is fixed, and my favorite truck is working.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13252 on: October 02, 2020, 10:06:34 AM »
Great way to start the day Charles.

Finally finished the electrical on my new addition. I've never had outdoor lighting so decided to throw some up on the new section. LEDs have come a long way.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13253 on: October 02, 2020, 10:44:21 AM »
Wow, Ken that looks really good.  Nicely done.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13254 on: October 02, 2020, 10:46:21 AM »

Milled then pressed out this axle tube, basically salvaging a gm king pin 60 that some Toyota knucklehead hacked up......

"Toyota Knucklehead" is about the truest statement I've heard in months.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13255 on: October 02, 2020, 01:15:57 PM »

I was feeling a bit down.  I had an alternator failure on the way home, The lift gate struts on the wife’s minivan were bad and the worst was that the keurig coffee machine quit working.

So I decided to just write a check and let the AC guy in my neighborhood fix it.  He’s been in the hood for years and is the most honest reasonable mechanic I know (we’ll maybe withe the possible exception of a couple of knucklheads here). I learned that some years ago with my AC quit working and I dropped it off and he had it back that afternoon for $75.  He replaced a leaking O ring on the back of the compressor instead of charging me $800 to replace a compressor.

So I got up this morning chewing chain and spitting nails from no coffee and set about on doing what had to be done.  I worked on the coffee pot, disassembling, cleaning and being on the phone with tech support.  Finally got the brewing needle unclogged and it brews like a champ ($300 bill avoided for a replacement)

So with my new found attitude adjustment (coffee IV) I set about replacing the struts on the van.  Knocked out in 10 minutes.

Then cranked up the Bus and headed to the AC shop.  Upon arriving at 08:03 Neil was not open yet so as I sat waiting, I remembered that as the alternator failed, I began to take non critical systems off line, cut the AC, radio, and pulled over and pulled the fuse for the lift pump.  I had not put the lift pump fuse back in so I popped the hood and pulled the cover and reinserted the fuse.  It’s a piggy back fuse holder.  As I did that I thought “surely the fuse it’s piggy backing on is not the AC fuse”

It’s gonna be a great day.  Coffee working, wife glad her secondary ride is fixed, and my favorite truck is working.

Hallelujah!
Answered prayer
You were praying, right?
Not utterin' things from the opposite course of action were ya?
;-)

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13256 on: October 02, 2020, 01:19:25 PM »
Glad you found an easy fix Charles

Ken what lights did you put up those look killer!!

Work work means more work. Sounds about right

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #13257 on: October 02, 2020, 02:58:19 PM »

Hallelujah!
Answered prayer
You were praying, right?
Not utterin' things from the opposite course of action were ya?
;-)
I was joying in my trials (James 1:2-8. )

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13258 on: October 02, 2020, 03:10:23 PM »
Dave, the more you buy the cheaper they are...485.00 for 10.

... they only draw 1 amp also. (I measured to check)...so 11 lights on one switch was no problem.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H5FCWF6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fab_NP3DFbN7AWDNY

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13259 on: October 02, 2020, 03:20:04 PM »
I might order one or two to point at the neighbors house lol

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13260 on: October 02, 2020, 05:41:38 PM »
I might order one or two to point at the neighbors house lol

Then the neighbor can grab the shotgun and pretend he is shooting trap.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13261 on: October 02, 2020, 07:30:42 PM »
Nobody likes a road hog. My outside tires are on the white line.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13262 on: October 03, 2020, 09:34:01 AM »
Today was check stroking time!  This should hopefully be the last thing we need to do to stop the water from draining into the footing of the foundation and causing structual shift and massive frost heaves of the basement floor.

In the first pics you can see how the pad has cracked and tilted into the corner of the foundation and towards the other wall of the foundation. 

Give me a few hours and ill get a finished pic
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 10:18:21 AM by Nate »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13263 on: October 03, 2020, 09:39:18 AM »
And yesterday i had to spend 9 hours telling a range safety officer to never touch me again, to get out of my bubble, and to never tell me how to properly (according to them) hold my weapon as part of the conceald handgun permit course. 

The main instructor/owner is a pretty cool guy and knows how to break it down for all different types of folks.  We even had an 75-80year old couple getting it done.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 09:40:01 AM by Nate »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13264 on: October 03, 2020, 10:45:50 AM »
Looking forward to finished pics Nate.

And the only time someone should interfere is if you are a safety hazzard.
Ie lazing the crowd.
SMH.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13265 on: October 03, 2020, 02:18:15 PM »
Im not a little guy by any means but if I have Nate telling me to get away you dont have to tell me twice. LOL

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13266 on: October 03, 2020, 02:44:39 PM »
And here it is finished

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13267 on: October 03, 2020, 04:24:17 PM »
Moving this
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13268 on: October 03, 2020, 05:47:54 PM »
And yesterday i had to spend 9 hours telling a range safety officer to never touch me again, to get out of my bubble, and to never tell me how to properly (according to them) hold my weapon as part of the conceald handgun permit course. 

The main instructor/owner is a pretty cool guy and knows how to break it down for all different types of folks.  We even had an 75-80year old couple getting it done.

A friend is president of a range in the area. They were having a reflexive fire class and I said I'm in. The guy in charge was holding everyone back by their shirts during the walk and shoot but said " I'm not going to bother, you know what you're doing." Sometimes it nice to just have a leave me alone face.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13269 on: October 03, 2020, 06:39:28 PM »
Today I found a subterranean yellow jacket nest the hard way. I think I wore them out by just letting them sting me until they got tired.

Counting about 20 stings so far. Time for some 130 proof pain killer.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13270 on: October 03, 2020, 06:55:24 PM »
Im not a little guy by any means but if I have Nate telling me to get away you dont have to tell me twice. LOL

Truth

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13271 on: October 03, 2020, 06:59:11 PM »
Nice casa Nate..

That would put me in the hospital Tex!

Bobby... grouchy much?

I made an expensive, but fun life mistake, or purchase, depending on how you look at it.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13272 on: October 03, 2020, 07:01:20 PM »
Nate, I prefer the contoured concrete in the first pics.

Nine hours huh, I’d have thought you could have conveyed your concerns quicker....

How is it that a guy in your hugs and feelings day job position needs a handgun?

Maybe he had partaken in a prior class you instructed and was just trying to show his emotions?

How big is your bubble exactly?

Yes, I am trying to poke a bear!  :tongue:

:popcorn:
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13273 on: October 03, 2020, 07:20:34 PM »
Shawn. Shame on you.

I told a buddy of mine who’s a been there done that guy who also instructs Krav and is about 6’4” 250 and has spent time in Israel with mossad,  that if he was ever mad at me he’d never see it coming. I’d be sending my love from 1000 meters out.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13274 on: October 03, 2020, 08:12:02 PM »

A friend is president of a range in the area. They were having a reflexive fire class and I said I'm in. The guy in charge was holding everyone back by their shirts during the walk and shoot but said " I'm not going to bother, you know what you're doing." Sometimes it nice to just have a leave me alone face.

I am with you 100% brother!  This guy was some machinist who was prancing around with his greasy unkept millenial style beard, harley tats, nasty looking welding cap, logger boots, baggy carpenter pants with a fonsey roll, and smoked like it was going out of style!

He was the typical douche that always had a bigger d!(k story.

When the class ended i had a chat with the owner, he kind of chuckled and said ....yeah thats not the first time we have had to have a talk with him about that.... :facepalm:

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13275 on: October 03, 2020, 08:31:31 PM »
Nate, I prefer the contoured concrete in the first pics.

the contoured crete is looks cool and all, but not when your the one that has to cut and edge around it

Nine hours huh, I’d have thought you could have conveyed your concerns quicker....

the nine hours is i believe what nebraska requires.  Oh believe me....he knew what was up as soon as he did it, then tried to make excuses and justify it instead of just walking away.

How is it that a guy in your hugs and feelings day job position needs a handgun?

because i have concerns for the future and i am actually in the middle of becoming an nra and state certified firearms instructor

Maybe he had partaken in a prior class you instructed and was just trying to show his emotions?

not a chance....for some reason i honestly have never been able to forget a face, and his attitude would het him a job with the state.

How big is your bubble exactly?

well that depends....if i dont know you, then its pretty big....but for you shawn, ill bet i can make you blush!.....lol

Yes, I am trying to poke a bear!  :tongue:

you have to try harder than that!  I was/still am a master at harrassment...  :beercheers:

:popcorn:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 08:34:49 PM by Nate »

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13276 on: October 03, 2020, 08:39:50 PM »
Litterally 1 hour after the crew finished and left......my stupid Scheiße Kopf walked down the steps and right across the new slab.... :facepalm: :facepalm: :knucklehead: :knucklehead:

Surprisingly i did not sink thru on the first step.....and didnt notice until i turned around and started to walk back.

I was able to take a broom and get the snudges removed.  I will have a forever reminder of being forgetful.... :facepalm:

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13277 on: October 03, 2020, 09:31:03 PM »
Lol. Classic

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13278 on: October 03, 2020, 09:47:05 PM »
I have this pre determined FU across my forehead that I struggle to wipe off, that being said I also have no problem with telling a big man any manner of untypeable things on the forum.   The problem is I’m not a big guy and I have had my nose re positioned a few time for it.    Did I learn no, am I paying for it with a 5 yr that is the exact same way. Yes I am

I’ll also hug and any guy I like and the personal bubbles are the best to POP if ya know what I mean lol

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13279 on: October 04, 2020, 11:57:20 AM »
I feel like I just finished up one of those missions. You know the simple ones where it's just a two shipper landing to drop off some supplies
Then
lead gets shot down in the LZ and the whole hornets nest starts jumping on ya.
You know, when the QRF gets activated, the C130 shows up and a couple of Apaches shoot at something and miss.
The kind of op where you weren't expectin' much but ended up flyin two birds into the ground over the next 48 hours just trying to get out of there in one piece
One of those sort of missions...
Wife volunteered our home for a one and three year old birthday party.
It was yesterday
Which was Saturday at 1500
Now I was just drawn (Sucked, or suckered) into the mess. Sounded benign enough.
We cleaned the house all day Thursday
Then it went way deep into the night. Non stop fixin' and cleaning. I guess I may have discovered a new wisdom about work, that being that: Cleanin' begat fixin'!
The cleanin' finally ended.  Ah, err, well I guess it didn't end. The cleaning went on all night long!
That was because we had to pause to go to a football game, where again, the pre-ranger got "THE" tackle of the game killing the Q-back for a 23 yard loss, then later recovered a fumble. We won that one.
Well, anyway we got back around 2300 and continued "mop-ops".
Somehow this cleaning up translated into my installing new weather stripping on the doors, tearing out a hose closet I had built outside, and cleaning both garages and re-filing crap in my filing cabinet.
We purchased north of $500 in food that no one eats, out of our food budget, that is now shot all to hell and back. We had to prepare that food, and then array it all over the kitchen.
I think that approximately five hundred kids showed up like those yellow jackets in Tex's unexpected meeting in the Texas, and commenced to undo all our work. You know, cake icing on the walls, every drawer opened and several doors slammed off their hinges.
The little dog ran off for fear of its life after being fondled seven million times and having one eye poked and an ear pulled off, but that was the good news.
We learned that carpet will absorb a gallon of lemonade and holds it better when lathered over with a pot of warm beer-cheese.
Somewhere around five I was going for my shotgun when I think I passed out from fatigue or possibly a heart attack, and that little bast__d was not harmed and I did not get to shoot anyone...pity
So after three hours of suppressing a strong desire to apply choke holds for more than the recommended seven seconds, our "Wonderful" guests started to leave.
I heard my wife say, "Oh don't worry about the mess, we'll clean it up." To me those words sounded like a satanic worship chant, as our occupiers slithered off leaving the beirut looking glacier moraine field in their wake.
So what does one do after working 36 hours straight?
Remember the second axiom of work: Work creates more work?
Applies here!
And the third: Once one has worked it sets in motion a series of events that will always create more work.
Well with both of those principals "At work" here,when the people all left, we were not done.
Nope, work begat more work and little people can multiply the effect.
So the cleanup began. We did get some help, but frankly I can't remember much of what happened next or for the next few hours.
All I can testify to for sure is seeing the number 2035 on the clock at some point, a dog climbing over me on the bed and wrestlin' with the "Mattress rascal blanket snatcher" and this morning waking up at a rather early 1002! It's now 1.5 hours later and with a fresh fill of quoffee, the events of the last few days are settling in.
I am scratching out a very short list of notes for the after-action review.
So far it simply reads: I will never do this again.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13280 on: October 04, 2020, 04:01:41 PM »
Nate....the forever mark is forever... lol

Well it’s a blustery day. Wind SE 25 gust 40 mph.
Whitecaps and a rain snow mix.

Took greenhouse down yestertag in preparation for op gazebo expando in the spring. SMH.
Yes dear moment there. Lol. Four feet going out forwards. Going for 12 x 18 inside floor. The current 8 is too narrow for a table and four chairs. Just wish she’d said it in the fall of 2011, I literally tore it down in the summer of 12.

I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13281 on: October 04, 2020, 04:31:19 PM »
Don, I would laugh out of pure meanness, but I'm still laughing at Nate's concrete. I would have recommending shooting the dog, but I know how fond he is of his pooches.

Sam, cry me a river. no pun intended. Still nasty weather out here and everything is dead from lack of HO2.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13282 on: October 04, 2020, 06:26:00 PM »
Bobby... grouchy much?

Nope, I just have a expressionless face most of the time, at least that's what people tell me. They tend to think I'm mad, but I'm 99% of the time just minding my own business.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13283 on: October 04, 2020, 09:17:46 PM »
Bobby... grouchy much?

Nope, I just have a expressionless face most of the time, at least that's what people tell me. They tend to think I'm mad, but I'm 99% of the time just minding my own business.

My boss HATES it when i give her the nothing face and she cant read if im mad or whatever.....lol

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13284 on: October 04, 2020, 09:27:54 PM »
I too am guilty of that nothing face.
And then, I snap. Sometimes. Lol
Sam

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13285 on: October 05, 2020, 08:45:45 PM »
Broke out the big guns and hammered the tube into place (too tall for my press). Then using an alignment bar welded it up. Shop smelled like BBQ after wrapping the housing with the dual purpose blanket that covers my smoker in chillier months.

Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13286 on: October 05, 2020, 11:02:04 PM »
I came across this today on a sales lead for a truck bed

Looks like I know what he did with the truck after the bed came off

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13287 on: October 05, 2020, 11:35:27 PM »
Mad Maxx bumper!!!!

Put new batteries in the Dmax. Died several times in the last couple months, last shot for the Costco Interstates.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13288 on: October 05, 2020, 11:45:11 PM »
I really like the paint, it’s navy gray

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13289 on: October 06, 2020, 07:16:30 AM »
Ive seen them bumpers before. They come out of Australia. Made out of aluminum super light. I cant find the link right now.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13290 on: October 07, 2020, 09:15:39 AM »
Well it’s officially October.  08:10

I gotta get my butt in gear. Tore down greenhouse and I haven’t got the little pieces put away yet. Could be a few inches or so today. And in the forecast till Saturday. Not here to stay yet but I got some cleaning up to do.

And here’s where it is now.  10:50
Lumber all stowed away for winter now.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 11:51:09 AM by Sammconn »
Sam

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13291 on: October 07, 2020, 07:33:41 PM »
Beans are a little dusty today. We unload on the move its better when the tractor driver can see Whats going on.

If you have ever seen a helicopter crop duster you have your own personal air show. He was out spraying pastures.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13292 on: October 07, 2020, 09:30:10 PM »
Lol. I’ve shot out of those Robinson’s. 

Today I took a bunch of clients to a ranch and we shot. I broke out the sniper rifle. Made a first round hit on steel at 600 and then let them pile on. Fun times

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13293 on: October 07, 2020, 11:01:46 PM »

Today I took a bunch of clients to a ranch and we shot. I broke out the sniper rifle. Made a first round hit on steel at 600 and then let them pile on. Fun times
You keep working hard like that and you're going to get burned out.

Tore the new toy apart today. Going to add some insulation since they still don't come with a/c.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13294 on: October 08, 2020, 09:13:21 PM »
Just finished riding a tractor in circles for two days or is that daze?

Little J Deere fell apart again after delivering very little work as per usual

I have milkweed cotton in every part of my body and clothing I think

Still not done

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13295 on: October 08, 2020, 10:22:07 PM »
I turned in my most expensive house bid to date, back to the customer for just under $950k.   They own the lot already,   Talk about stressful asking someone to spend that kind of money with you

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13296 on: October 09, 2020, 10:28:54 AM »
I turned in my most expensive house bid to date, back to the customer for just under $950k.   They own the lot already,   Talk about stressful asking someone to spend that kind of money with you

That is incredible.
But a testament to our times
Takes more and more money to buy the same house
And that has me thinkin'
Like most of you, I keep an emergency cash fund
But it is in dollars
I am thinking of taking half of it and buying silver again.
The buying power of the dollar is rapidly shrinking while precious metals is steadily on the rise.
Think about what a 2X4 or a sporter .308 rifle cost a year ago vs today...
Trillion dollar bailouts all but guarantee a worthless dollar in the future
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 10:30:00 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13297 on: October 09, 2020, 10:32:32 AM »

You keep working hard like that and you're going to get burned out.

Tore the new toy apart today. Going to add some insulation since they still don't come with a/c.
Ah, Ken...
Did you at least drive the Honda Talon?
The standard transmission is so much better than the belt drive stuff, especially going down hills...
Nice color though!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13298 on: October 09, 2020, 01:35:30 PM »
https://youtu.be/QcNbPMZEYMQ

Got this via text today. I think I trimmed the the sound of one of my guys popping the top on the beer

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13299 on: October 09, 2020, 10:19:29 PM »

Had a good week at work and what better way to end then sitting by a raging fire and having a drink

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal