Hello Guest

Author Topic: Altoz 766 Tracked zero turn  (Read 2076 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Altoz 766 Tracked zero turn
« on: October 19, 2020, 06:10:49 PM »
Somebody had to build it

And someone needed to buy it!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Altoz 766 Tracked zero turn
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 06:12:57 PM »
It goes without saying that this is the ultimate beast of a mowing system

And

Tex is suddenly thinking of buying one!

I replaced a Scag Cheetah 61", 32 HP zero turn, and a useless (to me) John Deere compact utility tractor with this one single unit

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 06:16:58 PM »
Mows in marshland, normal lawns, steep cross slopes, anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCiOXkx_SBw

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 06:20:44 PM »
The track system makes this thing ride very, very smooth across the ground as it now bridges holes and evens out bumps. Low ground pressure makes for  very little grass damage. I'd say it messes up stuff about the same as a wheeled commercial zero-turn

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 06:26:55 PM »
It had two deck options

The first is like a standard deck with three fixed blades and is for fine cutting

I Opted for the bush-hog deck with six pivoting blades that will roll off rocks or hard things and still give a good cut for a nice lawn

It's powered by a 37 horsepower Briggs "Big-Block" engine

Should be a trip!

Weighs  a lot more than a zero turn

Standing beside a wheeled mower I grabbed the roll bar and was able to shake it all over, but grabbing onto the ROPS on this Altoz machine, I couldn't get it to wiggle at all. It is solidly planted.

I drove it sideways on a steep slope with no typical sliding away for your life we all know and love so much on zero turns, it stays a straight line.

I was able to run wide open across a field and it was smooth. My back has taken too many bumps and this machine just solved all that bad ride business

And, it's cool!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 06:46:55 PM »
i think we need video proof of this thing in operation!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2020, 08:17:48 PM »
What’s the retail on that tool?
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2020, 08:21:56 PM »
But will it wheelie?

And does it float? (Asking for a friend)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2020, 09:23:33 PM »
But will it wheelie?

And does it float? (Asking for a friend)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tell your friend I saw it mow with one track in the water along the banks of a pond

Does not float

This is the Armee tribute model

I understand the Navee tribute model will...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 09:26:46 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2020, 09:25:34 PM »
What’s the retail on that tool?
So, believe it or not, the largest Altoz dealer in the US is right here in Verona KY
He doesn't pay floor plan financing and gets dibs,
So, retail is $20K-$21K somewhere
He prices at $19,199
Sold mine for $17,300

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2020, 11:19:18 PM »
Do you know how many times you could pay a lawn service to come handle your yard for you for the cost of that overpriced maintenance nightmare? Good grief!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2020, 06:37:03 AM »
Do you know how many times you could pay a lawn service to come handle your yard for you for the cost of that overpriced maintenance nightmare? Good grief!

Dave, he mows acres at least once a week in season and sometimes more. It’s a Midwest thing that people living in arid climates have no idea about. He doesn’t need to water his lawn with a sprinkler unless he wants to.......

With that said above he’d burn thru the cost of that mower in a season or two is the reality.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2020, 06:58:58 AM »
Not to mention he needed something tough enough to handle the cameras and chainsaws he going to mow over

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2020, 07:02:21 AM »
Not to mention he needed something tough enough to handle the cameras and chainsaws he going to mow over

Shots fired!!  :popcorn:

Edit: but good point I think mowing services would charge extra for having to dodge cameras and chainsaws in the yard......
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 07:17:58 AM by stlaser »

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2020, 09:09:09 AM »
Don isn’t going to take it back and forth to the farm he has a big mower pull behind for that I think,   
What’s a lawn company charge down south? I looked for the yard here and they wanted $35 bucks a visit.   
You don’t mow grass all year.  Half of 52 weeks?

To each their own in the end.   

And I use a push mower on my yard and all the neighbors laugh because it takes an hour to cut the grass

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2020, 09:24:43 AM »
Dave, like preaching to the choir?

Don likes to blow coin. How dare you try to stop him!
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2020, 09:46:39 AM »
Couple of things

First I mow a lot like Shawn said. I'll mow once a week down to once every 4-5 days during the mowing season. My home sits on 2.5 acres that is hilly. I do haul the mower back and forth to the farm. That was the whole purpose of the little John Deere tractor that was always breaking down. This monster mower fixes the breaking down issue and actually will allow me to complete a task instead of mowing/fixing/parts run/mowing again.

The lane going into my farm is .7 mile. I make one to two passes on each side depending on whether its narrow or not so just that is .7 X 4 or 2.8 miles. Next the lane through my farm, think of it as a main road is .5 miles long. I mow that two passes on each side and one or two down the middle since weeds grow, so that's 5. X 6 or 3 miles. So without touching the "Lawn area around my saw mill, my camper, the shed and a recreation area we park in and set up picnic tables I start with 5.8 miles then add maybe three-four acres to that. I have to do that every time I go down there during the heated months or it is an overgrown mess.

This is not manicured anything. It is rocky, it is full of steep slopes, muddy areas and pretty much nothing like anything anyone could fathom from an arid region. I don't like working on things all the time, so I buy industrial quality. That costs money but also retains its value. I paid 10K for the Cheetah in 2012 and just sold it for $6K. It costs around $100 a cut for my neighborhood as I live in an equestrian community where we have a lot of space between houses. I think I have more room between my house and the neighbors than the entire lot of what I am seeing on line of people who live out west. It's just a different paradigm altogether.

But here's the bigger point. It's my choice, this is America and no one has any right to tell me what I should buy, what I should do, or how I should act. I am uniquely me and for that I do not apologize. People will accept me and all my oddities or they will not, it's totally up to them and I invite them to make the choice they feel is appropriate.

Gentlemen it is not for us to be critical of others in how they choose to live their lives. Isn't that judging? And what does our bible say to that? We are simply set here on this green planet to love one another and seek out ways to help our fellow man as Jesus did. That's all I do with these posts and purchases. If I write about a Bradley fighting vehicle that I converted into a mobile trash compactor, my intention is to share some joy, and knowledge, and feed into a fun and ongoing conversation. I hope not to call down anyone for making a personal choice, but having fun with it is good and OK.

I realize everyone here loves each other and everything that is said, is said and meant in a good and loving manner. But sometimes the comments approach the point of cutting and making it seem as though someone has made a stupid choice, or whatever. It may seem like that to someone coming onto the site for the first time and turn them off. If a comment that actually was a fun loving "Dig" was seen by someone else as a "Flaming" of that person and consequently turned them off, would anyone here really want that? I think not. Because we all know the real purpose of everything we do here is to show how Jesus would handle things, and perhaps to lead people to a closer relationship with the king of kings.

I know that I am the worst example of such a man, and I therefore rely on you, the much better men, to pull me back on track, and for that I thank you all very much.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 09:52:00 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2020, 12:14:32 PM »

And, it's cool!

Nuff said right there.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2020, 04:22:35 PM »
I just cut my lawn at my nice property. It does a good enough job, but to get a great cut, I'd need to bolt on the standard blades. They sell a kit for around $130 I think to do that. Then it is just like other mowers except that it has a rear discharge of the clippings.

Matt, one of the owners of Northern Kentucky Equipment, who sold me the unit delivered it with the undercarriage bash plate to keep flying bush hog kind of debris from harming anything. He did not charge for that which was a nice surprise.

So it does get great traction and mows a lot of ground pretty fast. It has a two speed transfer case like operation without an actual transfer case, but in low range it moves along pretty quickly.

It rained here for the past several days so the ground was very soft. If I executed a hard/pivot steer, it would dig up the grass some, but on the more gradual turns it did no damage at all. Considering the wheeled mower would slide out from beneath me on hills tearing long rents in the lawn, this tracked unit does no more turf damage than the wheeled unit it replaced.

And just to add icing to the cake, the old zero turn had a flat tire which I had to repair before trading it off, and that, right there, is something I will no longer have to do!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2020, 04:30:12 PM »
Here is a link to Northern KY Equipment who sells the Altoz:

https://www.nkyequipment.com/

They are the largest dealer of these units in terms of sales in the nation. They have sold either five or six in just the past several days and mine is the only machine staying locally

I think two were headed to Pennsylvania, one to Texas, mine is here and I don't know where the other one is headed

The point is that they normally ship the units all over creation, so if you want one, check out their business for pricing and maybe service it locally.

Here's why

Matt agreed to donate $50 to Real Man TruckWorks for every unit sold to someone on this site. I will use that $50 per unit sold for our Christmas gifting thing we do every year. If someone here buys one, make sure to tell them and me, and watch the donation show up on the donations page.

OK, nuff said on that. It's the Lord's work and he certainly does not need any help from me, he can do with this as he sees fit.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 04:33:28 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2020, 10:49:41 PM »
Pretty cool. Will it mow sand? We might need to have an Arizona meet/sod laying party so I can get one!

Nate, Charles, and ElTator can cook. I'll hide the chainsaws from Don by distracting him with sweet tea. Pretty sure I can talk the hippie into picking up Dave#2 on the way. Those 2 can do all of the work, urr I mean fun stuff and I'll take the extremely difficult job of herding cats. Pretty sure ol Bob will drop in to make sure I'm doing my part.

Everyone is welcome, but I would prefer to not share too much of the food. Leftovers are mandatory.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2020, 11:18:10 PM »
You drive past me a hand full of times and don’t even honk,

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2021, 10:40:13 PM »
We need an update on this piece of equipment!

If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2021, 11:23:57 PM »
We need an update on this piece of equipment!

Well, it's now in season two
I only used it a little last year, and have mowed 4-5 times this year so far.
It is, as you would expect, a beast. It mows tall grass, it mows branches and shubbery (Oops!). It mows dog dishes and buckets, and jumper cables.
Since I don't have a compact utility tractor home anymore, I use this thing to drag heavy stuff, like that D-80 rear axle I pulled out of the Suburban.
It will tear up the grass if you make a tight turn or if the grass is wet from rain.
I have not found anywhere the engine power is challenged except for mowing thick/tall grass while going uphill, fast. Aside from that, I suspect it can mow a VW beetle given enough time.
The steel is thick, the weight is way up over a conventional big zero-turn, and the powder coating is holding up well. I am coming up on my first oil change, but first I am taking it down farm side for a full day of mowing the heavy stuff. Need to clear off walking trails, the pistol range, the work area around the barn, around the pond and the roads. I'll report on how it did after that.

I think the best news is: I paid it off. Took, what, 9 months, but I own all $20K of it!
Yippee!!!!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 11:25:16 PM by Flyin6 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal