Hello Guest

Author Topic: Televsion options  (Read 1062 times)

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Televsion options
« on: January 26, 2019, 10:05:08 PM »
We currently have Direct TV and am tired of paying $150 a month for television service. We mainly watch local news, college sports and follow the Cincinnati Reds so we are kind of thinking of going with a digital Antenna and get the live stream Hulu. What options are you using?

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Televsion options
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 12:48:57 AM »
We cut out tv/cable years ago.   There is only political crap and lies usually.  We have antenna that gets basic stuff and since the new house we do have a six month free blah blah of xfinity but we don’t watch it

Our kids are better off with out tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
Televsion options
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 01:48:44 PM »
Same here Dave, we did away with TV at the house, don’t even have an antenna. We have a projector that I have set up for watching family movie night or other special occasions(daddy’s got the big kids and momma only has the littles, stuff like that). It’s funny how quickly they zero in on tv or movies when we go to family or friends houses.  The kids all read like the words on the pages are going to fade away, which is great.

For news almost everything comes from the internet, we have 250Mbps fiber to the house. Also how we get most of our movies.

Funny thing though, when you have 10 kids, people tell you you should have a TV in your bedroom and watch it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Televsion options
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 04:06:08 PM »
I have cable but the price is getting high. I only watch nascar, DIY stuff and movies.

My wife is stuck on the BLAH-liberal stuff now and eats it up.

I think it is going to go pick what you want TV and then dump the "package deals".

I watch about 5% of what I have to pay for, getting old.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal