Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1327600 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #10250 on: June 23, 2019, 11:51:08 PM »
Congrats Charles, that’s awesome!  :likebutton:

Dave, for $25k I can buy & build one heck of a Jeep......
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10251 on: June 23, 2019, 11:52:44 PM »
I installed more closet shelving and cut the grass, quit watering it several days ago and the rain has just not quit.......

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #10252 on: June 24, 2019, 12:06:35 AM »
Congrats Charles, that’s awesome!  :likebutton:

Dave, for $25k I can buy & build one heck of a Jeep......
Yeah a v8 sounds greAt. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 12:26:24 AM by Bigdave_185 »

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10253 on: June 24, 2019, 10:29:47 AM »
Congrads TRN. Our anniversary is the 23rd also, just 17 though on this end.

That a receiver on your BB? I like that.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 10:31:25 AM by JR »
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10254 on: June 24, 2019, 12:14:47 PM »
Yes, I welded one on when I first got it.  It’s invaluable.  I have the hydraulic top link, so I can tilt and raise from the seat which makes moving trailers a breeze.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10255 on: June 24, 2019, 09:13:29 PM »
1st day back to work after vacation! Should have never went back

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10256 on: June 24, 2019, 09:25:23 PM »
Wife, kids, Mother I law AND dog all left for Kentucky this morning. I'm home all alone for 2 weeks.

I feel for Zane. He built a ramp for his bike and crashed yesterday. He got a wound on his hip the size of my pinky. Length and thickness. Plus road rash all over his ribs, arm and some on his face. He's a real trooper. He said I need to save the ramp. Don't throw it away. Only 3 stiches.

Meanwhile I attacked this pallet of brake shoes and drums. 3 axles worth. Then a friend dumped his trailer in the ditch. Young kid still learning. We went an helped them out. He cut it too close with the box up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10257 on: June 24, 2019, 09:47:16 PM »
First week in heavy construction when I was 18 fresh out of high school hauling heavy clay. Clay stuck in box and I stood dump truck on its rear end. A little pucker factor when the front wheels started coming up! Lol

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10258 on: June 25, 2019, 12:19:55 PM »
Well been half offline for a week.
Wow has been great.

Kid got married on Friday.
Turns out I look a lot like my dad, and I’m adopted. (And looking old too. Sheesh)

The boys arrival.

Mamma and I delivering.

Brides mom and dad.

The happy couple.

Has been a long week. My big livers’ little liver has now recovered. I don’t really drink anymore so was a long three days. Lol. The hernia hated all the food and laughing. Doing good now though.

I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10259 on: June 25, 2019, 01:04:49 PM »
Jon, sounds similar to Peruvian food. Not too shabby.  My new son in law is from there and he cooked while they were here . They don't waste anything from an animal.

sounds delicious is what it sounds like :beercheers:
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10260 on: June 25, 2019, 01:09:24 PM »
https://d3lwr7t4tsy765.cloudfront.net/Specs/ROXOR_Spec_Sheet_010919.pdf

What you guys think of these?

19 spline dana 44 from pre 1970 tech. I build 30 spline upgrade chromoly axles for them and lockers. Ken can drive them on the street Jon, so neener neener neener!

edit; that being said, they are Indian pieces of junk for rich guys to look cooler than their farmer buddies and the entire state of Florida is in love with them, so that should turn you off immediately.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 05:39:51 PM by EL TATE »
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10261 on: June 25, 2019, 01:21:39 PM »
We can all drive them on the street,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, legally though?

Jon, I do not miss the days of doing those on the weekend turn arounds. We had around 10 trucks and 40 trailers, was always something! They used to send me to a Bud plant in Fairfield to weld driveshafts, saving the price of a tow.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10262 on: June 25, 2019, 10:01:27 PM »
Well, here's what being married 29 years will get you.

Wanted to do a getaway with just me and the wife to Jackson Hole for a 3 day weekend.

She says " if we are going that far we should stay longer"  and  " you know the kids are only going to be with us for 3-5 more years so we should do it as a family"

And just like that....we have a 6 day vacation planned to Jackson Hole staying in a condo and renting an SUV....

At least I was able to use mostly frequent flyer miles and rewards points for the flights and Tahoe.  The house...well that's another matter all together...

oh well.  I'll never retire anyway....
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10263 on: June 25, 2019, 10:39:16 PM »
Charles, JH is near Duane’s old stomping grounds. I love the Tetons.....

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10264 on: June 25, 2019, 10:40:43 PM »
There is a town just west of Jackson driggs idaho,  it’s nice and lots less.  The drive to Jackson in short enough and just past the Tetons

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10265 on: June 25, 2019, 10:56:49 PM »
Reminds me of Don firing me for providing valuable information after the fact, Dave

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10266 on: June 25, 2019, 11:06:00 PM »
Reminds me of Don firing me for providing valuable information after the fact, Dave

Do the alpine slide they have there, it’s good fun!

Snake river has good fishing. And I believe white water rafting. Paint brush canyon (I think it’s called) nice hike, popular but get up about 2.5 miles and everybody stops going. There’s a boat shuttle that can take you across Jenny lake.

I’ve got some trail books of the area if you want more information about hiking.

Yellowstone is a couple hour drive into the park. There’s a sandwich shop that Has a small liquor store with a great liquor selection and good prices, Creekside Market. There’s a vodka that can be purchased in that area that is by far my favorite vodka, highwater is what it’s called. Wyoming Whiskey is hit or miss but you may want to give it a try.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 11:17:45 PM by wyorunner »

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10267 on: June 25, 2019, 11:19:22 PM »
Just rented a Crysler 300 for a couple days a Dworld. There for 6 days, 3 days for the park. Beach and fun for the first couple and 1 day of nothing. However I think the 2 water park may come into play then.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10268 on: June 25, 2019, 11:19:28 PM »

If you don’t publish your plans you accept the risk of missing more information.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10269 on: June 26, 2019, 06:50:20 AM »

Snake river has good fishing. And I believe white water rafting. Paint brush canyon (I think it’s called) nice hike, popular but get up about 2.5 miles and everybody stops going. There’s a boat shuttle that can take you across Jenny lake.

I’ve got some trail books of the area if you want more information about hiking.

Yellowstone is a couple hour drive into the park. There’s a sandwich shop that Has a small liquor store with a great liquor selection and good prices, Creekside Market. There’s a vodka that can be purchased in that area that is by far my favorite vodka, highwater is what it’s called. Wyoming Whiskey is hit or miss but you may want to give it a try.
Thanks Turner. Any info on some moderate trails for the family would be helpful. It’s bad enough I have to carry all their stuff but if the trail is too bad then I’d have to carry them too

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10270 on: June 26, 2019, 07:07:56 AM »

Thanks Turner. Any info on some moderate trails for the family would be helpful. It’s bad enough I have to carry all their stuff but if the trail is too bad then I’d have to carry them too

I’ll find the book in a bit. Jenny lake has a good amount of activities.

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10271 on: June 26, 2019, 09:43:53 AM »
Charles, JH is near Duane’s old stomping grounds. I love the Tetons.....
He is there right about now. Going up to pinedale, then coming home, then going up again to yellowstone, some lakes then a burger at pinedale.

I really want to meet him there in the burb with maybe only one pre Ranger, but momma is saying no, bad plan, too far, what if...???
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10272 on: June 26, 2019, 10:22:56 AM »
I wish I were there....

Next summer Tetons and glacier for us. I’m not a big Yellowstone fan so may bypass it this go around. I would like to get up to Banf potentially too

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10273 on: June 26, 2019, 01:33:32 PM »

Correction, it is called Cascade Canyon. The whole trail to where it branches is 4.5 miles so a total of 9 if you did the whole out and back and used the shuttle to get across Jenny lake.

Around Jenny lake there is a trail that if walked the entire lake it’s about 4 miles.

Inspiration point is in this area too. Which has good long distance views towards the west.

Further into the park is Jackson Lake, parts of which are nothing but tourists but I believe the colter bay marina has boats and such that can be rented.

Not sure what you have in mind for activities.

Don’t know when your going but temperatures could be much cooler than what your expecting. Dad saw snow/sleet north east of the Tetons last Friday.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 01:36:23 PM by wyorunner »

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10274 on: June 26, 2019, 02:55:36 PM »
With the spring summer we’ve had on front range this year I would expect it to be colder than warmer currently.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10275 on: June 27, 2019, 12:10:39 AM »
Some new shoes went on the truck when I was out. Nokian Rockproof they are called.

Had about 85k on the pair of M-55’s these replaced. They are now heads up with another pair that currently have about 25k on them.
The tire shop is equally interested in how they hold out.

I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10276 on: June 27, 2019, 06:34:32 AM »
Sam those look good

Plan to be in WY 7/25-31

Historical averages are 83/49 that time of year.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10277 on: June 27, 2019, 08:07:17 AM »
A friend of mine and I have been dragging flooded campers out of a campground south of Omaha. It all started out that I wanted one for the axles. Then I gave our my phone number. I have gotten 3 and my partner has gotten 5 or 6. They are just giving then away. I take what I want off them and he scraps the rest.

I worked my butt off getting this out last night but it's already paid for effort just in accessories. Got a big 4 wheel turd toter, nice weight distribution hitch, 2 real heavy jack stands, 2 30 amp extension cords. One with the twist lock. I recently priced twist lock cord ends to change my camper over. That cord end alone at the dealer is $50.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10278 on: June 27, 2019, 08:13:05 AM »
Where these completely submerged? No generators?

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10279 on: June 27, 2019, 09:24:20 AM »
Where these completely submerged? No generators?

by the looks of the pic, this one was probably 1/2 - 3/4 submerged as well as moved from its camp/storage spot to its  current location by the flood waters.  where jon is getting these, is right in the path of the Missouri flood area from back in mar/apr of this year.  a majority of the farms and farm land along the Missouri river valley in from Sioux city all the way out to the Mississippi are still flooded or are unable to even get into.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10280 on: June 27, 2019, 05:40:12 PM »
This one was actually on its side. No generators yet. Some of them got a few inches of water in them some were completely submerged. Most of the AC units still work. Some good fridges.
Since I have all these extra parts now I want to add a second AC until to my camper. Maybe one on the roof of the Freightliner. I will use a couple sets of axles on some projects. Sell the rest.
One thing for sure I have enough full propane bottles to last me several years.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10281 on: June 27, 2019, 09:30:18 PM »
Garden survived us being gone a week. Had a buddy water one day on the weekend.

Picked up 12-14 dollars of lawn watering supplies to make a watering system.

Also had to get a timer. Currently running once a day for 5 minutes. Picked a 5 x 30 side head gets it pretty close to perfect.

Sam

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10282 on: June 27, 2019, 10:05:11 PM »
Had to lock all my weapons up to watch the democrat debate.  10 santa clauses promising free stuff to stupid people with no idea how to pay for it.  They either lack basic understanding of economics and healthcare or they are intentionally lying.  I trend to believe the latter

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10283 on: June 27, 2019, 10:10:40 PM »
What a chit show.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10284 on: June 27, 2019, 10:36:56 PM »
Had to lock all my weapons up to watch the democrat debate.  10 santa clauses promising free stuff to stupid people with no idea how to pay for it.  They either lack basic understanding of economics and healthcare or they are intentionally lying.  I trend to believe the latter

did you not want to buy another tv, repair the hole in the wall or were you afraid of the collateral damage that I could possibly cause to your neighbors?....lol
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10285 on: June 27, 2019, 10:52:06 PM »
Double feature, 2 circular firing squads,,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10286 on: June 27, 2019, 10:54:16 PM »
I think Charles is starting to believe those a-holes and was worried his weapons would start shooting by themselves.....  :evil:

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10287 on: June 27, 2019, 11:00:15 PM »
Is H watching with you?

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10288 on: June 27, 2019, 11:16:24 PM »
Heck, couldn't understand what they were saying last night.  I was kinda hoping it would be the same tonight.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10289 on: June 28, 2019, 01:09:37 AM »
Hey Jon, any of those have the weight dist mount on the tongues still? I got a hitch and bars cheap, but no mount for the tongue.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10290 on: June 28, 2019, 06:23:55 AM »
I think Charles is starting to believe those a-holes and was worried his weapons would start shooting by themselves.....  :evil:

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10291 on: June 28, 2019, 07:53:15 AM »
Hey Jon, any of those have the weight dist mount on the tongues still? I got a hitch and bars cheap, but no mount for the tongue.

I think there might be. I will have to look next time Im at my partners place. He might have some laying around. DO you need the one with the chains?

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10292 on: June 28, 2019, 09:18:39 PM »
Thought it was funny.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10293 on: June 28, 2019, 09:21:01 PM »

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10294 on: June 28, 2019, 09:28:32 PM »

I think there might be. I will have to look next time Im at my partners place. He might have some laying around. DO you need the one with the chains?

Please!! Trailer is drilled for them too. I just have the arms and hitch.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10295 on: June 29, 2019, 03:15:06 AM »
Just made a flippin mess! Fired up the Sub as I do every week or so and forgot I had removed the tube tranny cooler to install a bigger plated unit. Made a run to the store and got 2 bags of kitty litter, 1 is used up besides what I had already.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10296 on: June 29, 2019, 07:42:33 AM »
Ohhhh :facepalm. Hate it when I do stupid stuff

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10297 on: July 01, 2019, 12:25:23 AM »
Ohhhh :facepalm. Hate it when I do stupid stuff

Tex I sent you a message

I started our first fire in the pit tonight, had an overflowing recycle can of cardboard so I put it to use.   Burned some olive tree branches and cardboard some left over deck parts

Also tried my hand at motorcycle tire changes,   The local shops all want $25 bucks or better.  Two sets of tires a year is adding up to be stupid so I purchased a tire stand from Amazon. Pitposse is the brand and it worked pretty well

Now to try a back tire with two rim locks that are complicated if I understand correctly

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10298 on: July 01, 2019, 09:10:06 AM »
Not that they don't understand
It's just not relative to them
The real agenda is get this country out from under the constitution
and into a communist system
Charles, they aren't talking to us
Only to a huge population of useless idiots
They want the US as a republic and a democracy to fail so they can get on to their barely hidden real plans.
These people are your enemies...AINO (Americans in name only)
Fight's on!

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10299 on: July 01, 2019, 09:11:55 AM »
Looks  like that flaming pot ought to be sitting on a rampart overlooking an attacking mongrel horde!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal