Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2012 DMax P20B9 code  (Read 966 times)

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
2012 DMax P20B9 code
« on: May 08, 2019, 12:12:59 PM »
Hey there gents-

Well, MobyDick tossed the above code pulling from the street into the driveway yesterday evening.  I've paid previously to have "Reductant Heater A Control Circuit Open" fixed where they replaced the DEF heater.  $800 about 1 1/2 years ago in Arkansas.

Wondering the following and looking for contacts to go with the possible suggestions-

Would like to do minimal delete of the truck to avoid this crap and improve mileage.  Looking to keep it as stock as possible in the process as well, so that in the Communist State of ILLanoyed I could reverse if necessary for whatever reason!

Would like to get rid of the particulate filter and 9th injector (without destruction of either) and bypass the stupid DEF system.  Truck has power, and I'm satisfied with how it runs now (when it is) and etc.  Just would like to stop the damn regeneration cycles and the DEF system going to hell as it has twice now.

Any assistance and contact information of places to perform said work would be great - I'm also reaching out to Chevy Customer Care to see if/what they'd possibly do to assist.....HA, HA, HA....but I can dream!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 DMax P20B9 code
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 03:49:14 PM »
Choices are getting limited, but I still use Kory on occasion. Not sure how you would pass testing tho. Don't they probe the tail pipe now, or do a throttle snap test?
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline CLEMON

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 06:55:08 PM »
Hey there gents-

Well, MobyDick tossed the above code pulling from the street into the driveway yesterday evening.  I've paid previously to have "Reductant Heater A Control Circuit Open" fixed where they replaced the DEF heater.  $800 about 1 1/2 years ago in Arkansas.

Wondering the following and looking for contacts to go with the possible suggestions-

Would like to do minimal delete of the truck to avoid this crap and improve mileage.  Looking to keep it as stock as possible in the process as well, so that in the Communist State of ILLanoyed I could reverse if necessary for whatever reason!

Would like to get rid of the particulate filter and 9th injector (without destruction of either) and bypass the stupid DEF system.  Truck has power, and I'm satisfied with how it runs now (when it is) and etc.  Just would like to stop the damn regeneration cycles and the DEF system going to hell as it has twice now.

Any assistance and contact information of places to perform said work would be great - I'm also reaching out to Chevy Customer Care to see if/what they'd possibly do to assist.....HA, HA, HA....but I can dream!

I had mine replaced under warranty a couple of years ago. I recently got that code and was thinking about deleting. In the meantime i reset the code and it hasn't came back.

But also still interested in the delete.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 03:15:47 PM »
Not shocked, but Chevy said to open my wallet......Don, any insight regarding your friends north of the boarder?
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal