Hello Guest

Author Topic: Mini Sermon 4: Prayer Language/Courage  (Read 549 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Mini Sermon 4: Prayer Language/Courage
« on: March 08, 2018, 09:54:39 AM »
During my morning time with God today, I was reading in Romans. Although much (Most) of my reading this past year seems to be in the old testament...Think of it as the strong foundation upon which the New testament is built. It is a pretty good insight into who God actually is, and I love it there.
But yesterday, during a discussion with my pastor, he led me to another place, Romans. Now in my bible, I make notes, lots of notes. In fact Romans, chapter 8 is just a huge scribble from many different trips over the text. This reading I seemed to pull out something different, or I notice something that I hadn't before.
Although I went to the book specifically to Romans to look over 8:31 to the end, where Paul points out that we are more than conquerors, as is often the case, I will then read the paragraph or two preceding the message, and that's where I noticed this:
Romans 8:26-27 26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans . 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God's people in accordance with the will of God.
To understand the point I am about to make, one needs to understand how the God head, the trinity works. God is God, and really all three of the Trinity. He gave his son to interceding us. Through the sacrifice of Jesus, he could now see mankind. Man is covered with sin. God cannot be anywhere near sin, so it’s like he can't see us, but he created us and he wants us to choose him and be with him forever. (Yippee!!!) So when we surrender to the Lordship of Jesus, then it’s as if the transparent human (Us) is suddenly filled with a red dye which is the blood of the Christ, and that is what God sees, the Jesus in us. So Jesus sits on high and intercedes for my inequities and speaks of my works and deeds and love for him and God. He makes petition for me when I pray for you or me or my family.
And then there is the spirit. (This guy is really cool!) The spirit talks to us in a rubber wall sort of way. The spirit can only act on or speak the word of God, so when we click over to the hot rod page on the computer, and right away a pic of some woman in a thong appears there sitting on the hood a new ZL1 Camaro, it’s the spirit that says "Get outta here, now!" It's the spirit that also says stop the car, go back and change that woman's flat tire...yea I know you're on your way to work and clean, but, change her tire.” That's the spirit.
He looks at the scene around you and he looks at your situation and he steers you along the path of God's will. That is of course if you’re listening. Christians doing the work of God are the ones listening to that small voice. Most do not I think because so much work is missing, and evil got so prevalent and accepted in our world. Evil exists because good didn’t act! 
You see if you want strong biceps you don't just read health magazines and buy nutrients. You must you begin to exercise. Pick up a dumbbell (democrat)(...sorry, had to take the shot there, apologies Lord) and Curl that sucker every day increasing the weight and you'll build a larger more capable bicep. Want to hear the voice more clearly, then pick up the book with the scribbles in it and flip through some pages every day.
Read and reflect for a moment on this:
Romans 8:26-27 26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God's people in accordance with the will of God
OK, copy all that, we good so far, does the warrant officer have you in the grip of understandin'? Well this is the part that caught my attention, verse 26: 26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans . Could the practical exercise of that verse be in part, speaking in tongue? I think, at least it is that way with me. Now many a person I have seen and spoken with does not think they have been given the gift of the prayer language. To them I say, dive in a little deeper my friend, it’s there. He will withhold nothing good from the kingdom from us who wish to use those gifts for kingdom building.
But more importantly, it is our time that we surrender our brain case group and voice actuator to the spirit. You allow him to speak in some language, one that we do not understand, but oftentimes someone nearby who hears it can actually understand it and interpret it! I aint makin' this up folks, its real. The spiritual world is a mystery to us, and mainly because a secular world has told you, "That's nonsense, its Holy Roller stuff and it’s embarrassing." May I take a moment to remind you that you aren't on this world or in this body but for the blink of an eye! Now if you had a problem with what I just said, and you want to continue kidding yourself and have a good day, today, then stop reading, because these verses following are goanna shake you up. Not my words, his:
 Matthew 10:32-39 32"Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven. 34"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn "'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law- 36a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.' 37"Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.
Warning: Be careful how much you give in to secular life to fit in, my Marty milk toast lad, with your jelly filled, Kool aid pumpin' heart. Soldier up, or I’d be lookin’ for a swift sword headed your way and you can’t duck that fast!

I gave ya an extra space here... to allow that to resonate. That one sort of sits you a bit more upright doesn't it? In my weekly church service a guy named Mike Denneghan would say "I smell flesh burning." Sad part is that it has oftentimes been mine!
So back to Romans. We are talking about cutting free the part of God that rides inside our skin. The part that once installed, cannot be removed. Personally the more I love God, and Jesus, the more I love the spirit, and really, for me, it’s a lot. Right now for example, I love him more than my desire (Strong desire) to get a second cup of Joe, and that force is strong in this one! I used to tell myself I couldn't speak in tongue. Heck, Mikey, the vocal guy I mentioned earlier, spoke it often in my early Christian walk and I began to notice. I noticed that he seemed transformative. He was Mike one moment then he rose to become a towering voice, unashamed of who noticed or what they thought of him. I liked that, he had a pair. (Can I say that here?? Well I'm just a dirt floor helicopter pilot soldier so I don't always say things the right way, but at least, I do try to speak the truth)
I wanted the prayer language so much and one day it finally happened. It was just before service, I was strolling past the women's ministry on my way to the sanctuary. My wife called me inside to meet Miss Carol who led that group. She said that she was aware that I wanted to speak in the prayer language, to which I replied that I did. She said that she felt it in my spirit, and that if she touched me it would burst out, and asked if I was ready and could I handle it. I thrust my hands forward and that smiling lady grabbed my hands and brother the faucet open right up. Man I was just going. Ah-sha-a kan-me-ls-ah-t pe-ka shelah... and on and on I went. She stopped me. She looked surprised. She explained that a lot of people can say only one word. Although the language is known to none, but can be interpreted by some, most folks are given a single word or two, "She-Lah" or something like that. But not me, nope, she commanded me to continue, and I did.
So for some minutes I just went on and on, then she stopped me again. She told my wife that I had been given an entire language…all at once. And I confess, I can speak in that language for as long as I want, sometimes for an hour or more!
Can I tell you another story?? Think I’m crazy, off my rocker? Well get in line, it’s a long one but first reconsider the last reading I posted from Matthew. Dive in or watch your Christian life just go floating by like an empty canoe that you should be occupying. So as you may or may not know, demons come to church! Yep, they come in hosts to try to upset the delivery of the word of God. They seek to denigrate, to destroy, and sow seeds of doubt. Well I happen to be a security guy in my church and there was this gentleman who from day one, I felt and knew was demon possessed. But he was at war with his spirit because he was seeking Jesus in a mighty way, so at this point, he was just a hot spoiled mess. The demon never had any power there because in accordance with the authority God through Jesus and his chain of authority to our pastor then to me has given us the power to rebuke evil. Whenever we saw him, we would take authority over his voice and really all of him through prayer, and unknown to him he was a captive spirit until he left the premises. Evil spirits cannot stand against the blood of Christ which is in us Christians.
So after the sermon when the meeting was dismissing I confronted the man to try and help. He did exactly what I have seen demons do before, so I knew I was engaged with one, and as he started to claim his power and all that, I just started speaking in the prayer language, in tongues as it is often referred to. Heck I didn’t really mean to, it just came out. This giant of a man suddenly recoiled like I had just hit him with my best right hook! (Just ask those Marines in Yuma how effective my right hook is, they witnessed it while out one night with me and my boyz, when I carried them into a biker bar for some fun n’ games, Armee special ops style!) This guy recoiled and cried out, “You speak Aramaic!” Heck I don’t know Aramaic from Hindu, Chinese, or Eskimo. But that spirit of God in me sure did, and this Demon recognized it immediately. The evil spirits walking amongst us do not fear the body, but hang your belt of truth on and wield that sword of the word of God you can carry, and brother, you are a thirty foot tall mike Tyson in their eyes.
So in closing, what is all this about? It’s about jumping in to the river. We need you. The evil in this country and in the world is ours to destroy and control, we need be but willing to act. Cast off your fears and the ropes tying your ship to the pier of humanity! Stop being a coward for our God and wade into who you were meant to be. You chose him, at least I hope/pray that you did. So think about it like this. You joined a team, a family, his church which has many arms. If you’re a warrior like me, fall in, Right-face, Forward-March! If you’re any other part, the gearbox, the mess hall, the command and control, or the aerilons, do your part. And when you bump into them, do your part. We are his hands, his feet and his voice. He gave you eternal life, give him your time work, love, and worship on earth.
Move out!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal