Hello Guest

Author Topic: Well it finally happened here...  (Read 1052 times)

OldKooT

Well it finally happened here...
« on: December 13, 2016, 12:30:21 PM »
The other night we had a situation locally where an officer had to use his weapon in the line of duty. 15+ years our local police force has gone without needing to fire a weapon on duty, 15 entire years.

The fallout has been rather epic. My wife was involved as were her coworkers. The officers involved are our friends, and everyone knows them. It's a small city, most have even met the individual who lost his life over this deal.

You can read about it here: http://www.1011now.com/content/news/Man-in-stable-condition-following-officer-involved-shooting-in-York-405858495.html

An this is the entire point of this post. Do NOT believe what you read or see on the internet or see on the news. I know Ironic huh? Buy all account this media story is factual...if you discount the fact they know far more is involved.

Disappointing.....

« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 10:45:51 AM by nmeyer414 »

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: We it finally happened here...
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 05:53:50 PM »
meaning there is more to the story that was just "left out" or that the media screwed it up? Hope your friends get through it okay. If they tased him and pepper sprayed him and he didn't drop the knife I'm guessing meth?

Toughest kid I ever removed from a bar was 14 and about 120 lbs soaking wet but was on meth. He spread-eagled himself in the doorway and I couldn't move him. I backed up about 6 or 8 feet and ran at him as fast as I could, drove my shoulder into his lower back, that did the trick.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 06:27:09 PM »
Dang Norm, that's too bad for everyone. ironic that it was at the emergency room but had to be flown to another hospital. out of their league there I'd imagine.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 10:39:45 AM by EL TATE »
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 06:43:15 PM »
One can never let their guard down. No matter how tranquil a place may seem.  Hope every one is ok Norm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 07:45:31 PM »
Yea, this stuff happens

Let us know what the rest of the story is...

And how was Kay involved? She probably never saw anything like that before...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

OldKooT

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 10:33:51 AM »
 No physical injuries of significance to anyone, and other than the confusion regarding why it happened...they will be just fine.

I spoke to the officers not long after, and again this morning, and they are both like everyone else, just upset it ended this way.

As for details... Honestly gentleman I will happily share via phone but given the situation at present, I am not willing to put anything on a public forum. Feel free to call if you'd like if you have my number, I am available this morning... Or PM and I will share my number...but right now, I am going to be protective of a loved one.

My hunch is toxicology will show no "street drugs" in his system...I may be wrong, but I am betting I am not.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Well it finally happened here...
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 07:33:33 PM »
I didn't hear about this. I'm not surprised seeing how I only get Omaha news. If it didn't happen in Omaha it didn't happen. York is a decent little town. If it can happen there it can happen anywhere.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal