PERSONAL READINESS > Soldier Up

New Goals

<< < (2/5) > >>

stlaser:
Ok, currently at level 12 as of today on the precor. 45 min workout getting 760 plus calories & just shy of 4 miles.....

TexasRedNeck:
Wait until 50 starts creeping up on you.....

stlaser:
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I still have a couple until 40......

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: TexasRedNeck on February 07, 2016, 06:20:51 PM ---Wait until 50 starts creeping up on you.....

--- End quote ---
Age has something to do with your health, but I'd have to say it is more a function of your attitude.

Exercise, then diet is the key along with adherence to a few key scripture verses

A determined attitude will keep you working out. If you do that you continue to get all the benefits of a good circulatory system and heart. That vital system is the engine that powers the system which knows how to repair itself and remain very useful for all of it's days.

I was over 50 when I tested out for BlackWater and on that day beat the young Marines who showed up to be vetted as well. Beat guys more than half my age. They were now smoking and riding the coat tails of earlier victories. I had just been walking and running and lifting. On Friday nights, in miserable weather in the cold and when others were partying. It made the difference...in my life it has always made the difference.

Turning 50 is relative with respect to your condition, based on how much time you spent keeping your carcass in condition. Do what you read about Bobby doing, but do it ten and even twenty years past the time the popularity fades and I promise you turning 50 will best most other guys turning 30.

At 61 I worked out yesterday, and Friday, and plan one for tomorrow morning. I have expectations to still be doing it 10 and 20 years from now. And I'm not trying to say I'm anybody, far from it I'm just a fat old guy, but I can still do it! Take heed of the death knell of health, youthfulness and vigor...It sounds like this: I am so busy with work and family these days, I no longer have time to workout!

JR:

--- Quote from: TexasRedNeck on February 07, 2016, 06:20:51 PM ---Wait until 50 starts creeping up on you.....

--- End quote ---

I am looking at 60 and boy do I hear you Don.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version