Hello Guest

Author Topic: Signing Off  (Read 3801 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Signing Off
« on: October 06, 2015, 10:32:11 PM »
I'll be going dark for a while now...I just learned that Season 5 of The Walking Dead is on Netflix....I'll be binge watching for the next week......

Love that show!
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: Signing Off
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 11:53:21 PM »
Last season?
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 12:34:53 AM »
No, its still an ongoing series.  Season 6 is currently running.  I don't watch much TV.  Not much on sports or mindless sit-coms.  Just a bit of History or Science or Learning Channel and Fox News.

I do tend to get hooked on one series and record it to watch.  Buddy turned me on the TWD and I binge watched 4 seasson in less than 4 weeks.  Once the newest season starts, you can't get it on demand from my provider and I don't like paying for access.  Netflix runs the prior season once the newest season starts so I have been waiting for season 6 to start so I can watch 5 and record 6.

Love how 5 started tonight....flaming zombies!  Its less about the zombies as that is just the threat that uncovers the veneer of civility. Its about human nature and depravity and the choices one must make in situations where there is not always a clear cut "right" answer.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 09:21:01 AM »
I too have started watching season 5.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 09:26:58 AM »
Yeah, I should have rephrased. I meant was it last year's season? (ICR which is which) my daughter got me hooked at season 2. I still haven't watched #1 and at this point it would probably be a waste of time.
Have you tried watching the "prequel"? I recorded a couple episodes but haven't had the desire to watch them.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 11:09:35 AM »
Be safe...see ya in a week!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 11:27:16 AM »
week nothin' I've been watching for 3 days and am on episode 11 already!
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Tedram

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 02:00:16 PM »
Fear the Walking Dead is good also, it shows how the whole Zombie Apocalypse started.... Some good points to be learned when watching it...
1. The government is there to protect it's interest, not protect you.
2. Prepare.
3. Surround yourself with strong like minded people.
2008 GMC 3500 HD CCLB Dually with EFI Live Tunes by Idaho Rob/DSP5 Switch/DPF delete 4" MBRB exhaust/S&B Dry Filter Intake/Edge CTS monitor w/EGT probe/AD 165 Liftpump/Titan 62 Gallon fuel tank/XD Monster wheels/ReTraxPro Bed Cover/Firestone Air Bags and a EGR Blocker plate in the glove box waiting for the the stars to align to install.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 02:06:15 PM »
LOL....I am a huge Longmire fan which was picked up by Netflix when (I think?) A&E cancelled it. I was so excited as I would then have another season to watch...I was waiting and waiting.....the new season came out last month....the whole season at once. I binge watched the entire season in about a week and now I'm left waiting again. Sheesh!

But binge watching is fun. I had never watched 24 (I heard people raving about it but knew I needed to see the 1st episode to follow along). One night after 2 or 3 seasons were already out I said "what the hell...I'll check out episode 1 and see what everyone was talking about" next thing I knew I had watched 4 in a row and couldn't wait to get my wife watching. We used to joke about "want to watch some crack tonight?" and we would set ourselves up to watch 2 or 3 episodes at once. Ha 

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 05:37:13 PM »
Fear the Walking Dead is good also, it shows how the whole Zombie Apocalypse started.... Some good points to be learned when watching it...
2. Prepare.

That's solid:
2. Prepare.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 06:30:30 PM »
I like the idea of the character studies in the show, gritty brutal truth. take away the zombie aspect and insert any humanizing catastrophic event here. Gets you a pretty good idea of the collapse of society and what it might look like.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 08:24:05 PM »
week nothin' I've been watching for 3 days and am on episode 11 already!

Atta boy!  I'm on a mission to catch up with you tonight!

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 06:32:31 AM »
Fear the Walking Dead (the new one) is really good too. I watch both, and I think I like FTWD better so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2015, 01:29:08 AM »
Killed the cable a while ago, gotta wait for FTWD to hit Hulu or Netflix.  All these spoilers on season 6 are killing me!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2015, 08:59:57 AM »
When we moved we killed cable as well, best descision we ever made. Only thing we miss is some sports, mainly NFL but going to invest in a digital antennae for the tv as all the Bronco games are on local channel & church has football nights where they play the games on the big screen in the worship area and bring in a half dozen food trucks to vend supper. Last turn out had 300+ people attend.

Killed the cable a while ago, gotta wait for FTWD to hit Hulu or Netflix.  All these spoilers on season 6 are killing me!
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2015, 09:32:32 AM »
We dumped cable a couple years ago

Very smart move. Boys got more active, and we spend far less time in front of a screen. Mostly junk on the tube anyway.

Was over visiting the other day at a friends where they have cable. On screen I am seeing all this pro gay stuff. SOOO glad I turned that evil off my TV! And when my boys saw it, they ad an adverse reaction whereas the "Programmed" kids hardly noticed!

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 01:44:48 PM »
For NFL, chromecast and NFL network on Verizon. works pretty good, but delayed. E.G. Bengals Hawk's game, everyone around me was blowing up my phone with that banked field goal but 10 min later I got to see it "live"

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 06:17:06 PM »
For NFL, chromecast and NFL network on Verizon. works pretty good, but delayed. E.G. Bengals Hawk's game, everyone around me was blowing up my phone with that banked field goal but 10 min later I got to see it "live"
That was me texting in while you were "Not yet in the know"
Definitely my "What the heck just happened" game of the year!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal