Hello Guest

Author Topic: camp chef  (Read 733 times)

Offline DOOLEY

• Registered
    • View Profile
camp chef
« on: October 14, 2018, 10:06:53 PM »
ok guys, i dont post alot but am on constantly lurking, lol. i just got a camp chef 2 burner stove top, that is free standing and comes with legs. i ask for it for my b-day so i can do my canning outdoors and not heat up my home in the summer. after saying that, i love it, havent used it yet but the dang thing is built like a tank, you can buy all kinds of accessories like reverisible griddle and grill tops as well as a pro griddle, bbq box and a pizza oven, all propane powered. it has a really large and in charge burner grate and can take any 14 inch acsessory they make, has any of you used or owned one, i want it mainly for canning but think it would make a great survival or power outage stove, strong and sturdy. its company is based out of UT but cant see where its made. i like it but just wanted input

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: camp chef
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 10:26:27 PM »
I have one, we use it for canning and camping trips. I bought the full length griddle so we can cook breakfast on it when camping & also the large carry canvas bag. No issues, it works really well. Think we paid $100 on sale for it.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 10:56:06 PM »
Larry's cookin at the shop...Everyone's invited! Yippee!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline DOOLEY

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 02:17:35 AM »
SOON DON VERY SOON, BUT ITS INVITE ONLY, WE DO STILL HAVE TO WORK THERE. LOL. I DID HAVE A CUSTOMER DROP OFF A BUNCH OF ELK STEAKS TO COOK, BUT I HAVE TO CALL HIM AHEAD OF TIME SO HE CAN BE THERE. BUT YOUR ALWAYS WELCOME....

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 07:56:58 AM »
I have one, every scout troop I have been with has one. We use the griddle attachment for cooking, we do canning in the garage with it all summer.  We really like camp chef stuff.  Get the storage bag to keep it clean and keep a extra igniter on hand also. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DOOLEY

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 08:29:44 AM »
I BOUGHT THE CARRY BAG, AND 2 REVERSIBLE GRILL/ GRIDDLE TOPS, WANTED THE PRO GRIDDLE BUT FIELD AND STREAM DIDNT CARRY THEM, I ALSO WANT THE LEG LEVELERS, BUT ONE STEP AT A TIME, I CANT BELIEVE HOW HEAVY DUTY THE THING IS FOR 99 BUCKS. THANKS A BUNCH GUYS, LET ME KNOW WHAT ALL YALL MAKE ON IT.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 09:10:39 AM »
I have one and use it for canning as well.....you just have to be careful not to run it on high when canning, too high of BTU's from the burner will literally melt the bottoms of the aluminum canning pots.

when using the flat griddles, pay attention to where your hot spots are (right under the burners) so that you don't get it too hot and warp your flat griddle or burn your food.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 09:11:46 AM by Nate »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 09:24:15 AM »
I have the Tahoe 3 burner model and the heavy 36 steel flattop griddle. I e had it for more than 5 years and very pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline DOOLEY

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 11:58:49 AM »
THANKS GUY, PLAN TO BE MAKING GRAPE AND APPLE JELLY IN A WEEK OR TWO WEATHER DEPENDING.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal