Hello Guest

Author Topic: Mike's AR-10 Build  (Read 33383 times)

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Potential AR-10 Build
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2016, 08:43:17 PM »
Thanks to all for sharing of their knowledge and experiences-

I'm wondering what experience or knowledge you all have with carbon fiber barrels?  Came across one recently that I found intriguing.  One plus is the rapid dissipation of heat as well as minimal shift in point of impact with rapid/heavy fire.

Another item I came across is a bolt carrier assembly that is designed to minimize/address the vast pressure differences between commercial/military loads of the .308 round; something that's not an issue given much attention in a bolt action platform.

Now, for stock assembly; am I correct in my impression that AR15/AR10 stock assemblies are the same, with the exception of the buffer and spring?  Tube is the same, stocks etc.

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Getting closer to assembling/ordering parts for the upper, as the money tree dropped some leaves recently!  :o
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2016, 09:31:03 PM »
No experience at all with carbon fiber anything, sorry

The bolt carrier sounds interesting

The collapsible ar15 stocks should be fine, I think there is a difference in some fixed stocks or something but I've never ran a fixed stock just something I read once (I think, been awhile)
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2016, 09:54:37 PM »
The carbine buffer tubes are the same (7" inside depth) but the buffers are shorter to allow the carrier to travel more rearwards, to accommodate the longer 308 cartridge....ask me how I know about ar-10 buffer issues. lol
I'm actually still waiting on a new one to show up, that shawn recommended....mine is experiencing bolt bounce because of a crappy one piece buffer....the new one is a quality 2 piece (it has a sliding piece of tungsten inside the buffer). I can only compare this to a dead blow hammer design, at least in mechanic terms.

...in case you're curious: http://heavybuffers.com/ar10carbine.html

(edit: tungsten instead of titanium)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 10:42:12 AM by KensAuto »
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2016, 10:29:22 PM »
Thanks for the link Ken.......can't imagine how you'd know about such things and their necessity?  ;D

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2016, 11:23:31 PM »
Personal opinion not based in fact

Stay away from carbon fiber wrapped barrels. Any rough treatment and a crack could render it worthless.

Go for the adjustable gas block to address load variances and when suppressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2016, 02:52:16 AM »
Personal opinion not based in fact

Stay away from carbon fiber wrapped barrels. Any rough treatment and a crack could render it worthless.

Go for the adjustable gas block to address load variances and when suppressed.

There's a company that makes carbon fiber barrels, I haven't heard bad about them. I've only really seen them on bolt guns though. Then again I haven't really been looking.

TRN, I don't think he can suppress in Illinois.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2016, 06:58:34 AM »
I'm suppressed in Illinois, but our gun barrels cannot be!  >:(
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 06:59:39 AM by cudakidd53 »

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2016, 10:15:21 AM »

TRN, I don't think he can legally suppress in Illinois.

FIFY Bobby. :)

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2016, 02:20:13 PM »

Huh?

Disregard, I'm tired, but I figured out your hip cool kid lingo.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 02:22:23 PM by BobbyB »
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2016, 08:56:52 PM »

Huh?

Disregard, I'm tired, but I figured out your hip cool kid lingo.

I'm not tired Bobby, but it made my head hurt figuring it out too! ::)

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2016, 10:06:34 PM »
And I thought I was the old guy. smh while rofl

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2016, 10:37:47 PM »
And I thought I was the old guy. smh while rofl

Google is your friend when looking up slang, other cool stuff maybe not so much.....

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2016, 02:33:44 AM »
So have you found anymore parts or decided on what you're adding to the parts pile?

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2016, 07:17:18 AM »
The link Ken sent is making the list and stock will either be Magpul collapsible or their DMR fixed.  What's really hanging me up is the barrel decision.  Really interested by carbon fiber due to heat shedding capacity, also hesitate due to potential damage issue leaving me with a expensive club.

BCM muzzle break/hider
Geissle or ALG trigger assembly
Yankee Hill folding sites
Ambidextrous charging handle

Bolt carrier (looking at the one I mentioned yesterday)

If I go with a Krieger Barrel, I need to find/choose an adjustable gas block and send it, gas tube, bolt, upper and hand guard to them for assembly.

When I get some dead time I'll put a link list together so you can look n see and make more informed approval or "negative ghost rider" comments which I find helpful.  Got Daughters wedding in Detroit this weekend........silly kids like that crap hole for some reason!  At least it's at the Detroit Institute of Art, so I should be able to deduct it as a business expense since I teach the stuff, don't y'all think?  ::)

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 09:02:06 AM by BobbyB »

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2016, 10:25:58 AM »
I'm going to post this in my lr-10 build as well...I got the new buffer installed last night, and ran out to the desert to shoot it...OH man what a difference!!
Mine was definately overgassed. The previous buffer was bottoming out, and the carrier was slamming into the extension threads before, and also bruising my arm...which I thought was odd considering a 308 is nothing like a 300 weatherby which I shoot quite often.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that a quality buffer can also help compensate for gassing issues.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2016, 11:55:59 AM »
stock will either be Magpul DMR fixed. 

If you mean their PRS it's supposedly going to be heavier than a normal fixed and definitely more weight (but still easily manageable) on the backend compared to the collapsible stock. So just plan for that if that's what you choose.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2016, 08:59:30 PM »
Thanks Bobby-

Barrel has been ordered:

http://www.customar15.net/shop/ar-15-upper-receivers/barrels-ar-15-upper-receivers/black-hole-weaponry-16%E2%80%B3-match-barrel-lt-mid-308/

16" with sub MOA guarantee or better, and "in-stock" status and on sale, I figured it's a starting point and I can upgrade barrel later, as long as Ken's GF stays off the throne; if not it'll have to do!  ;)

Definetly copying Ken on that buffer after his hands-on review too!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2016, 11:07:37 PM »
I approve of this message
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2016, 11:31:50 PM »
Here's the pressure regulating bolt group I came across- a bit pricey!

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/bolt-parts/bolts/308-ar-enhanced-high-pressure-bolt-completion-group-prod77853.aspx

That doesn't include carrier!

Thoughts?  Is it potentially worth the $ or is it a whole lot for a little in the long run?

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2016, 02:50:07 AM »
Here's the pressure regulating bolt group I came across- a bit pricey!

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/bolt-parts/bolts/308-ar-enhanced-high-pressure-bolt-completion-group-prod77853.aspx

That doesn't include carrier!

Thoughts?  Is it potentially worth the $ or is it a whole lot for a little in the long run?

Well it's out of stock so you'll probably be waiting for awhile. I'd grab a normal completed BCG and run it, if later down the road you decide you want the upgraded bolt, then go for it and you'll have a backup that you know works.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2016, 07:40:52 AM »
They make it sound so technical. What's extractor smear...

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2016, 09:36:16 AM »
They make it sound so technical. What's extractor smear...

I thought that's what they did to H at the memorial service last weekend as they loaded her in the van..... ;)

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2016, 01:35:44 PM »
Well, this is no longer a "potential" build as I've accumulated most of the following so far; a few items are on hold until additonal funds are squirreled away!  The hand guard was on sale and I liked the built in picatinny rails at the front.  Nothing to loosen or snag & saving $45 made the decision easy!  Commentary and reviews are welcome, as most items are still "exchangeable" and a few still to order/ship.  :)

Barrel:  http://www.customar15.net/shop/ar-15-upper-receivers/barrels-ar-15-upper-receivers/black-hole-weaponry-16%e2%80%b3-match-barrel-lt-mid-308/

Handguard:  https://www.midwayusa.com/product/627712/troy-industries-sdmr-battle-rail-free-float-keymod-handguard-lr-308

Gas Block:  https://www.midwayusa.com/product/378070/superlative-arms-adjustable-bleed-off-clamp-on-gas-block-ar-15-lr-308

Comp./Break:  http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/muzzle-devices/compensators-amp-muzzle-brakes/ar-308-gunfighter-comp-mod-1-30-caliber-prod86726.aspx?psize=96

Bolt Group:  http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/bolt-parts/bolt-carrier-groups/308ar-titanium-nitride-bolt-carrier-group-sku100017661-80611-166645.aspx

Charging Handle:  http://www.midwayusa.com/product/766519/axts-raptor-ambidextrous-charging-handle-assembly-ar-10-lr-308-aluminum

Stock:  http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/stock-parts/buttstocks/ar-308-prs-stock-assy-collapsible-rifle-length-fde-sku078000212-72284-139071.aspx

Upper/Lower:   http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1STSBX20&name=Spikes+Tactical+The+Jack+.308%2f7.62x51+Billet+Lower+%26+Upper+Receiver+Set&search=spikes+tactical+Jack

Grip:  http://www.midwayusa.com/product/111389/ergo-sure-grip-gen-2-pistol-grip-ar-15-ar-10-lr-308-ambidextrous-overmolded-rubber

Side Note:  TRN (Charles) - as I run the mental calculator, it wouldn't have been too great a financial jump to go with the "company gun" the place you suggested to source the barrel/upper from!  Oh, well, once I have the skull of the lower Cerekoted to look like an actual skull, I should have a very unique tool to call my own, that'll probably outclass my capabilities for accuracy for awhile!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 01:43:35 PM by cudakidd53 »

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2016, 02:31:05 PM »
Not a bad pile o' parts.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2016, 02:45:33 PM »
Mike now you get the experience of building and tuning which is priceless

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2016, 03:37:56 PM »
Quick overview my only concern is that handguard is the correct height to match the upper when installed as there are several different heights out there. If you did not I would call or better yet email tech & have them confirm it fits your upper properly. Midway can get touchy on returns, I know personally being banned from their buying list.....

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mike's AR-10 Build
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2016, 03:58:39 PM »
Quick overview my only concern is that handguard is the correct height to match the upper when installed as there are several different heights out there. If you did not I would call or better yet email tech & have them confirm it fits your upper properly. Midway can get touchy on returns, I know personally being banned from their buying list.....

Shawn's calling down the Gremlins on my build!  LOL -  one of the reasons I've taken as long assembling parts as I have is due to my greenness and the vast degree of variations in this platform!  Another reason I went with the Troy hand guard was the illustration provided on-line to check compatibility of the receiver.

Thanks for the "caution" as I just went to the safe to triple check - I'm GTG!  ;D
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 03:59:54 PM by cudakidd53 »

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2016, 04:01:29 PM »

Shawn's calling down the Gremlins on my build!  LOL -  one of the reasons I've taken as long assembling parts as I have is due to my greenness and the vast degree of variations in this platform!  Another reason I went with the Troy hand guard was the illustration provided on-line to check compatibility of the receiver.

Thanks for the "caution" as I just went to the safe to triple check - I'm GTG!  ;D

Good deal, I had that issue was why I mentioned it....

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2016, 06:00:53 PM »
The Brown parts fairy stopped by today-

Got to playing with the receiver, barrel nut and hand guard so now I've got a question for youn'z in the know: the barrel nuts four tabs at 12,3,6 & 9 don't slide into the grooves in the handguard.  They line up and start, but I'm not thinking slamming it on with a hammer is an appropriate method of installation!  Seems like the FDE coating could be scraped out, or I could file on each side of the tabs some OR a combination of both.

My next question is: once on with the barrel and barrel nut torqued appropriately, is that hand guard supposed to rotate freely with those tabs lining up inside one of the grooves that run around 360 degrees inside the hand-guard?

Answers, insights, volunteers to put the upper together so I don't muff it up etc?  :o

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2016, 06:41:35 PM »
The Brown parts fairy stopped by today-

Got to playing with the receiver, barrel nut and hand guard so now I've got a question for youn'z in the know: the barrel nuts four tabs at 12,3,6 & 9 don't slide into the grooves in the handguard.  They line up and start, but I'm not thinking slamming it on with a hammer is an appropriate method of installation!  Seems like the FDE coating could be scraped out, or I could file on each side of the tabs some OR a combination of both.

My next question is: once on with the barrel and barrel nut torqued appropriately, is that hand guard supposed to rotate freely with those tabs lining up inside one of the grooves that run around 360 degrees inside the hand-guard?

Answers, insights, volunteers to put the upper together so I don't muff it up etc?  :o

So, seems there's a "proprietary" Barrel Nut that wasn't included in the box - got email to their customer service department.  East Cost company so they're off the clock until tomorrow.  Will let you know what I learn then.....other than NOTHING is easy with building a large caliber Frankengun it would seem!  >:(

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2016, 08:09:33 PM »
Yes, barrel nut should have come with hand guard.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 10:45:32 PM by stlaser »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2016, 10:27:20 PM »
Just make the eyes on the skull red when you cerakote it and you'll be my hero

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2016, 01:59:53 PM »
Update on Troy Industries Hand Guard:

So last evening after the Brown Fairy dropped off some parts, including the above, I tried to fit the Barrel Nut into the Hand Guard and wasn't successful as things seemed overly tight.  Come to find out that there's supposed to be a proprietary Barrel Nut with the Hand Guard that Midway said wasn't included when I ordered and that any Mil-spec Barrel Nut would work.

Contacted Troy Industries last evening and got a response right away this am.  They asked for proof of purchase and invoice, both of which I provided via screen shot off my phone and emailed to them.

Resolutions:  They are NEXT DAY shipping it to my door!  Start of contact until shipping notice was 2.5 hours- OUTSTANDING!

Troy Industries = Great Customer Service!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 02:01:05 PM by cudakidd53 »

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2016, 02:33:11 PM »

So last evening after the Brown Fairy dropped off some parts, including the above, I tried to fit the Barrel Nut into the Hand Guard and wasn't successful as things seemed overly tight.  Come to find out that there's supposed to be a proprietary Barrel Nut with the Hand Guard that Midway said wasn't included when I ordered and that any Mil-spec Barrel Nut would work.

Contacted Troy Industries last evening and got a response right away this am.  They asked for proof of purchase and invoice, both of which I provided via screen shot off my phone and emailed to them.

Resolutions:  They are NEXT DAY shipping it to my door!  Start of contact until shipping notice was 2.5 hours- OUTSTANDING!

Customer service is good when they fix you up. Did you check Troy's website before you ordered off Midway? I've noticed some discrepancies between sites a few times.

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2016, 03:23:59 PM »
Sounds like a nomination to the most favored company list.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2016, 06:50:09 PM »

Customer service is good when they fix you up. Did you check Troy's website before you ordered off Midway? I've noticed some discrepancies between sites a few times.

I didn't because Midway stated the Barrel Nut wasn't included and they also had a memo from Troy about fitting a receiver "high" vs new lower style DPMS.  Apparently it's an outdated memo as Troy states needing a proprietary one which is included in the same model on their site.  Anyway, I ordered a "mil spec" barrel nut with the hand guard from Midway - anyone needing one can have this one that won't work if you need one.  My hunch is that Midway picked these up when Troy made that switch to including one of theirs.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2016, 04:28:11 PM »
Another plug for Troy Industries:

Sent the part NEXT DAY AIR!  Already on my doorstep!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2016, 04:51:06 PM »
Nice.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2016, 05:51:35 PM »
Anyone have suggestions on a reputable shop/gunsmith to have assemble my upper, check head spacing etc. on this puppy?  With an accurate barrel, need for secure attachment of the muzzle "device" to satisfy legality issues and not wanting to purchase bench block, and assorted tools, I have found out that Ken's supplier of the buffer will assemble upper with "your parts" for $50.  I am looking for a recommendation from anyone with personal experience and a recommendation/testimonial to see what's out there.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2016, 06:01:10 PM »
Anyone have suggestions on a reputable shop/gunsmith to have assemble my upper, check head spacing etc. on this puppy?  With an accurate barrel, need for secure attachment of the muzzle "device" to satisfy legality issues and not wanting to purchase bench block, and assorted tools, I have found out that Ken's supplier of the buffer will assemble upper with "your parts" for $50.  I am looking for a recommendation from anyone with personal experience and a recommendation/testimonial to see what's out there.

Use "Ken's buffer guy" who I've also used. He has a great reputation and know several people who have had great success with him.

edit: just recalled I believe magpul recommends him as well if you have feeding issues......
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 06:02:04 PM by stlaser »

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2016, 06:55:54 PM »

Use "Ken's buffer guy" who I've also used. He has a great reputation and know several people who have had great success with him.

edit: just recalled I believe magpul recommends him as well if you have feeding issues......

Awesome news!  His website is such that you aren't sure if it's Cleatus in the back alley, or a highly competent guy with no desire to maintain a website......I like the later!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2016, 07:06:39 AM »
Anyone know about or have experience with this company/scope and or targeting system?

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XPA414XFFP308&name=Primary+Arms+4-14X44+FFP+Scope+w%2f+ACSS®+HUD+DMR+.308%2f.223&groupid=6341

Intriguing concept for the reticle.  I've also been looking at something like this:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XVOPST416F1A&name=Vortex+PST+4-16x50+FFP+Riflescope+EBR-1+(MOA)+Reticle%2f+30mm+Tube&groupid=7903

They make a couple different BDC models that run about half the price of this one ^^^

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2016, 08:34:50 AM »
Anyone know about or have experience with this company/scope and or targeting system?

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XPA414XFFP308&name=Primary+Arms+4-14X44+FFP+Scope+w%2f+ACSS®+HUD+DMR+.308%2f.223&groupid=6341

Intriguing concept for the reticle.  I've also been looking at something like this:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XVOPST416F1A&name=Vortex+PST+4-16x50+FFP+Riflescope+EBR-1+(MOA)+Reticle%2f+30mm+Tube&groupid=7903

They make a couple different BDC models that run about half the price of this one ^^^

NOSSIR, but I likes it

Bobbee...?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2016, 09:35:21 AM »

I've heard some good things about PA, heard some people complain about them. I personally have never held, looked through or used a PA scope. Not sure what their warranty is, however I will look and see what I find, their prices aren't bad. However the ACSS reticle seems too busy to me.

As for Vortex, I have held, and looked through and I rather like their scopes. Bonus is their unconditional lifetime warranty, additional bonus for Vortex is their HQ/Store front is just north of you a couple hours (or less I just used a generic address of Chicago, which basically uses the center point of), so you can go look at all their stuff and see what works. Probably even bring the rifle and get it mounted by their staff.

As a personal choice, I'm not a fan of BDC. For hunting sure, where you're generally not shooting long range. For anything generally at the far end of medium into long range I like FFP. Mil / MOA is going to be personal choice as to what you're more comfortable with and have used.

In summation, I'd go with which will fit your budget and needs.

NOSSIR, but I likes it

Bobbee...?

^^ Remarks complete.  ;D

Sorry I can't be of more help. I'm not keeping up to date on things.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:36:51 AM by BobbyB »

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2016, 12:13:31 PM »
Update:

Upper parts are sitting on Clint's work bench awaiting their turn at assembly.  Once assembly is complete it's heading home with the trick buffer and spring that healed Kens gun so nicely!

Waiting on Spikes Tactical lower parts kit from two different sources seeing who will gets it in stock first - one is Spike's directly so it's a waiting game! 

All other parts except a scope (see previous post for leanings) and B/U sights are on hand - what special tools and equipment will I need to put the lower together?

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2016, 10:51:03 AM »
A steady hand, and a small punch or large paper clip, IIRC. Basic enough for a grunt like Bobby to do in the field !

I'm a little surprised you didn't go for a drop in trigger, considering how far you've went so far...I mean, heck, what's a couple hundred more bucks. :)

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2016, 12:26:09 PM »
Basic enough for a grunt like Bobby to do in the field !

Field expedient repairs are a skill.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2016, 01:20:28 PM »
A steady hand, and a small punch or large paper clip, IIRC. Basic enough for a grunt like Bobby to do in the field !

I'm a little surprised you didn't go for a drop in trigger, considering how far you've went so far...I mean, heck, what's a couple hundred more bucks. :)

A Giesselle will be making an appearance as funds regenerate.....in the meantime, I'll just need to learn the beast and once I shoot it with sound fundamentals and accuracy, the upgrade of a match trigger and scope will have increased accuracy that makes me even more capable!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2016, 08:47:07 AM »
Ooohhh, it's a Thanksgiving miracle: just got notification on shipment from Spike's Tactical of my lower parts kit!  Site said 6-8 week back order when I ordered week and a half ago!  Better start watching assembly videos and get it to the cerakote company!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal