WEAPONS > Firearms

Suppressed 22 options?

<< < (2/6) > >>

TexasRedNeck:
I know you said bolt but take a look at the Remington 597-aac-sd. Designed for suppressor with 16 inch threaded barrel.

I have one and it’s my second favorite weapon, with the ruger mkII pistol with suppressor being number 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

longball:
I’ve read a couple places that semi autos are louder than locked breach actions when suppressed. That’s the main reason I’m looking at bolt actions.

TexasRedNeck:
While this is true it is mainly the mechanical sound of the action cycling.

E.g my ruger pistol is more quiet when I hold my thumb over the bolt, but it is imperceptible unless you are using subsonic ammo. With supersonic ammo you still get the crack of the sound barrier being broken and it dwarfs the sound of the bolt cycling.

Using subsonic will put a smile on your face even with the bolt cycling.

No ballistic sounds escape from the bolt. The bullet and pressure have passed by the time the bolt unlocks.

longball:
Thanks for the clarification. I thought some of the sound of the powder ignition escaped out of the action. I did see today that ruger makes a 10/22 takedown with a threaded barrel. That may sway me to a semi-auto. I’ll price one when I get off work Tuesday.

Bob Smith:
Sub sonic are way cool, even my old neighbor couldn't hear me through the trees along the side yard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version