Hello Guest

Author Topic: Low point in the Army's history...  (Read 1693 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Low point in the Army's history...
« on: January 22, 2018, 02:09:21 PM »
Don's Comment: I know that society seems to have moved on and nowadays, cats and dogs living together, men dating men, and young girls having their sex changed all with the blessing of the people around them seemingly now normal. But none of this is normal, healthy, nor Godly in my view. In the case of this abomination which has occurred in a so called chapel at west point points to an ungodly sickness which has gained a solid foothold in a sacred institution of this once great nation. I say once great because in my view greatness is not all physical. It is not necessarily defined by engineering marvels, or advancements of science, or other things of that nature. In my view, greatness is equally related to the strength of the conviction of men, of their courage, moral fiber, and submission to the idea that we were created by a living God, the very one who is responsible for the book George Washington Concentrated this nation to in the 18th Century.

There is nothing normal about marriage of two men. There is nothing normal about joining them in (what holy matrimony?????) in a place where God once called home. There is nothing good about asking men who were raised believing that Jesus is their savior, to accept this abomination of the laws of God and of nature. None of this is right, in fact it points to death. Death of our Christian culture, Death of moral courage. Death of leadership of any kind. Death of common sense, and the killing of the spirit that is in a man of war that is needed most of all in that crucial second that spans the gap where he either succumbs or rises against all odds and wins the day. That is dead and dying, and I greatly mourn its passing.

But not with me. Call me a dinosaur, old guy, whatever. Men do not belong together. They should now be married. They should not have sex, they should not be honored in any way, and NEVER, NEVER should our warfighters have to put up with any of that nonsense!

This happened before and with catastrophic effect. It is well written about and violently ends when two places, a Sodom and a Gomorrah are vaporized by a slow to anger God.

I would so much rather America die on a battlefield, giving its last breath in a last heroic battle against a vastly superior force than to have the sickening  cancer of homosexuality rot it from within.

WEST POINT, N.Y. — Two Army captains who met at West Point returned there to be married, in what is believed to be the first same-sex marriage of active-duty personnel at the storied New York military academy.

The New York Times reported Captains Daniel Hall, 30, and Vincent Franchino, 26, both stationed at Fort Bliss in El Paso, Texas, were married at West Point’s Cadet Chapel on Jan. 13.

The men met at the school in August 2009, when Franchino was a freshman and Hall was a senior. Their first date was in February 2012 in Washington, some months after the “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy was repealed in September 2011.

That policy, in place since 1993, barred any gay person from disclosing their sexual orientation or talking about any same-sex relationship.

“It’s really frustrating when two people have feelings for each other but are not allowed to act on them,” Hall said. “We were serving under a policy that was telling all of us — perfectly capable soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines — to lie about ourselves.”

The men wore their uniforms during the ceremony, and left the chapel under an arch made up of sabers held aloft by several of their guests. They also used Hall’s officer saber, a graduation gift from his grandparents, to cut the cake.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 02:14:02 PM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Low point in the Army's history...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 03:46:42 PM »
So bad, So sad

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 05:54:45 PM »
What do you expect when you’re stuck in El Paso......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 10:03:46 PM »
Is that were those 2 are stationed.........FML
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 07:12:22 AM »
Yup.  I knew that would draw a response from Nate!

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 08:48:45 AM »
You sayin Nate might have been a bride's maid recently?  :)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 08:49:44 AM »
Shots fired!

Always a brides maid, never a bride

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 08:54:56 AM »
 :popcorn:

Well, Ken just got demoted & you Charles are catching up to me real quick it would appear. :rolleyes:
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 09:54:17 AM »
Ken-

One should never use a pea shooter on an Artillery NCO!  If there’s anything left after what’s inbound, Nate will just smoke it and serve it as hors de vours!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 04:10:24 PM »
True Mike. I should've thought before opening mouth. urr nice knowing you guys.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 06:42:50 PM »
True Mike. I should've thought before opening mouth. urr nice knowing you guys.

I’ll lift a glass of fine Bourbon as we snack on Smoked Butt to you.... :grin:
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 09:56:24 PM »
Shots fired!

Always a brides maid, never a bride

So, I'm thinkin', can Mods fire each other?

Or just cause injury to each other?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 10:01:52 PM »
More like mutually assured destruction.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal