Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1395930 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #3650 on: June 06, 2017, 06:20:35 PM »
Wow. Bad woodpeckers built that house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: June 06, 2017, 08:06:01 PM »

Funny you say that... seems every spring i have one of those pesky things pecking on the siding waking me up in the morning...
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: June 06, 2017, 08:22:59 PM »
On the siding of my house! Hello Mr Benjamin.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: June 06, 2017, 08:52:05 PM »
Returned from Eagle River, spent a chunk of $ at Maplewood Meats near Greenbay.......carnivore nirvana!  While up North, discovered that I should not shoot my buddies reactionary metal spinner target with 5.56 green tips.......I did not know they'd punch holes in 1/2" steel.......guess I know what to get him for Christmas! :laugh:
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: June 06, 2017, 09:21:53 PM »
Maple wood is great.  That is where we get our venison sausage processed every year.  Never been disappointed.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: June 06, 2017, 10:40:33 PM »

Funny you say that... seems every spring i have one of those pesky things pecking on the siding waking me up in the morning...

Thats the term we use to describe the home building workers, usually hispanic.  THey bang on the houses early in the morning.  Thus woodpeckers....
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: June 06, 2017, 11:26:49 PM »
Recently saw what happens when a 89 Ramcharger with a small push bar rear ends a two day old Nissan Altima. Initially we didn't even realize the Ramcharger was involved but the Altima's trunk latch assembly was almost touching the back seat.

Got back from Missouri late last night after spending all day Sunday at a farm auction where we finally got rid of Grandpa and Granny's place. Sad ordeal but I'm glad it's over with.

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: June 06, 2017, 11:35:19 PM »
I have it and like it very much.  it's very consistent and accurate.  There are some programming mods you can do to make it faster and more accurate.
http://www.accuracy-tech.com/rcbs-chargemaster-modifications/
Oh yeah and I finally pulled the trigger on this as I couldn't pass up the price. Local gun shop had it for 380, so when I saw the 260 price tag on Natchez I couldn't pass it up.

https://www.natchezss.com/rcbs-chargemaster-dispenser-and-scale-110-volt.html
I have got to get an electronic powder dispenser someday soon. Actually, what I really need is a Dillon.... Any ideas on how to convince my wife that an $800 progressive is a good investment? 

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: June 06, 2017, 11:53:25 PM »
Woodpeckers, got it.

To early, still a problem.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: June 07, 2017, 01:15:19 AM »
I didn't know the 'woodpeckers' term either. Learn somethin every day :)
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3660 on: June 07, 2017, 06:13:16 AM »
spent a chunk of $ at Maplewood Meats near Greenbay.......carnivore nirvana! 

And when was this?
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: June 07, 2017, 06:31:23 AM »
You say wood pecker and I keep thinking peckerwood and know those words don't really mix well

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: June 07, 2017, 06:49:14 AM »
I have it and like it very much.  it's very consistent and accurate.  There are some programming mods you can do to make it faster and more accurate.
Oh yeah and I finally pulled the trigger on this as I couldn't pass up the price. Local gun shop had it for 380, so when I saw the 260 price tag on Natchez I couldn't pass it up.

I have got to get an electronic powder dispenser someday soon. Actually, what I really need is a Dillon.... Any ideas on how to convince my wife that an $800 progressive is a good investment? 

Show her the price of 1000 rounds of 5.56 delivered.  Mine paid for itself in about 6000 rounds

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: June 07, 2017, 07:23:20 AM »
spent a chunk of $ at Maplewood Meats near Greenbay.......carnivore nirvana! 

And when was this?

Yesterday morning around 9:15am - beef & chedar stick for mid morning snack!

We actually stopped on the way up and back.  Cooked every lunch and dinner over wood fire and a tripod hanging grill lakeside.  Fishing was awful with one 3lb smallmouth being the only action; I enjoyed the battle and returned him to swim again.

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: June 07, 2017, 07:24:42 AM »
We put up 160 square bales Monday then My back went out tuesday morning. I bent over to pick something up and got stuck. Its happend before but the chiropractor said it was really bad this time. Spent the day putting ice on 15 minutes each hour. I don't mind hanging out in the house but its a work day and I have too much to do. Pretty sore today too. I have to remind myself to take it easy.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: June 07, 2017, 08:18:01 AM »

We actually stopped on the way up and back.  Cooked every lunch and dinner over wood fire and a tripod hanging grill lakeside.  Fishing was awful with one 3lb smallmouth being the only action; I enjoyed the battle and returned him to swim again.

Ah I was at work by then.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: June 07, 2017, 08:31:35 AM »

I take it we were in close proximity to your stomping grounds?  If you are that close to that meat nirvana, I'm surprised you aren't on your way to becoming "Nate JR" with a smoker, Dutch Ovens, cast iron galore!  :grin:

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: June 07, 2017, 10:12:44 AM »

I take it we were in close proximity to your stomping grounds?  If you are that close to that meat nirvana, I'm surprised you aren't on your way to becoming "Nate JR" with a smoker, Dutch Ovens, cast iron galore!  :grin:

Hey now, i resemble that remark!!!!!!!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: June 07, 2017, 02:04:20 PM »

Yes you were in the area. Their price's have gone up so I haven't been there in awhile. I have a cast iron skillet, but a smoker is verboten at the apartment. However I've been looking at getting a house sometime soon, so who know's what'll happen then.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 02:06:30 PM by BobbyB »

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: June 07, 2017, 03:16:48 PM »

Yes you were in the area. Their price's have gone up so I haven't been there in awhile. I have a cast iron skillet, but a smoker is verboten at the apartment. However I've been looking at getting a house sometime soon, so who know's what'll happen then.

Tell us more about this..........:stickpoke
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: June 07, 2017, 05:42:37 PM »

Tell us more about this..........:stickpoke

I've gotten tired of living in an apartment, and recently decided that I want to get a house. I was pre-approved for a mortgage last March. I used to say until I had kids that an apartment was good enough but I want my own space, my own garage. I'd love to get some place in the country but can't afford those prices, so small town living is going to be close enough.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 09:09:54 AM by BobbyB »

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: June 07, 2017, 09:27:14 PM »
Wife and I went and looked and what we believe and hope is to be our new family stimping grounds. It will give us quite a bit more room to move around with all the kids. I plan to put an offer down on it tomorrow or Monday at the lates since my wife went off to girls camp for a few days. The house is probably 4500 soft sitting on 63 acres with a big garage.  It's about 30 minutes further out, but it is what we need and have been looking for. It's going to need some updates and maybe some rearranging to get the rooms the way we want them to be.  Pray for us that things go well and that we can get our current home sold quickly and for a good price. Lots of moving parts.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: June 07, 2017, 10:10:03 PM »
Don't give up on the place in the country Bobby, things fall in place when they're supposed to!  As for meat prices, Maplewood's weren't that out of line with our neck of the wood, and the quality is way better!

Nate, you're my meat cooking hero!  I kinda felt a little like you, crossed with Tate; cooking over a maple fire lakeside!

So, TODAY, I did what I paid someone else to supposedly do to my Stihl chainsaw (tune-up).  While driving (last week) to enjoy the Northwoods, the supposed Stihl mechanic at my local Ace Hardware called to tell me that my saw was unfixable and they don't make parts for it anymore.  So, I start to ask him some questions and stating that it was running last fall when I last used it in the conversation, I start to have my doubts on actually how hard the clown tried?

So while in Eagle River, an area know for lumberjack competitions etc., I stop into their Ace Hardware and ask to speak to their Stihl mechanic......this guy leads me into the back where two experienced looking guys have their own shop, filled with racks of repairs awaiting pick-up.  Chainsaws, blowers, weed wacker....and there are multiple people picking stuff up!  I tell them my story, saw model etc. and they say, yeah it's an old saw, but they have a carb rebuild kit for it.  Well, they actually have two since Stihl used two different carbs during that time (Late 1980's) so they sell me both and tell me to just bring back what I don't use.  Just listening to my story about what the clown by me reported, figured it just needed the carb rebuilt and some adjustment.

So today, I go and pick it up, along with the chains I had sharpened (they did that) and start to look on-line for schematics etc. since my mechanical skills are just enough to be dangerous.  I go into the garage and decide to look it over and start tearing it down.  True to form, I start removing stuff I don't need to, and then discover that it's easy to access the carb.  Looking at the grime and sawdust that's clearly undisturbed I start to steam!  The little son of a motherless goat's "tune up" showed no sign of removing the air cleaner, or even cleaning it!  Kill switch wire is interfering with the throttle linkage...you get the idea!  So, I clean the build up of sawdust and put it back together leaving off the back cover and decide to try and start it myself, playing with the H/L idle screws based upon recommendations from a similar issue someone had on the "Arborists" forum....I found via Goggle.  So, with the choke on, gas poured in the carb and a few pulls it springs to life and dies.  I continue this process until I can keep the saw running with the choke on, and set the high idle screw getting it rev'ing at wood cutting speed without a chain on it with it spitting excess gas out the carb throat on my hand holding the throttle.  Based on this, according to some reading on-line from said forum, rebuilding the carb should work!

Now, I decide to clean up more before I break into the carb; the little Ace hole didn't even dump the old gas out!  Cloudy crap is poured into an old gas tank, new poured in and sloshed around then poured out!  REALLY, the clown didn't even think to use fresh gas?!  What exact service I paid for, I'm not sure, but it wasn't a tune-up that I got - still had the OLD SPARK PLUG in it!

After great care and trepidation I took the carb apart expecting flying springs and little parts getting lost - crisis avoided thankfully and took stuff apart setting it out in order.  Cleaned it with carb cleaner and reassembled with the new parts.  Was supposed to use a gauge I don't have/never seen to set/check the meter needle height - figured I'd either get lucky, or ship the saw to Eagle River if it didn't work.

Upon completion of reassembly, leaving the back cover off, got it running, set the H/L idles meter and the actual idle screw.  Installed the chain, set the tension, reset the idle so the chain only creeps a tooth or tow every so often, checked the chain break and adjusted the idle for that to not kill the saw.  Cleaned up and called it a day, disappointed that I don't have anything to saw down!

Drowned my frustrations with Maplewood pork chops for dinner with the girls!  Might have to top it off with some fudge from the trip, or Hot Fudge over Vanilla Ice Cream! :wink:

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: June 07, 2017, 10:24:03 PM »
Got to meet up with my dentist this morning and have a lower front tooth  (broke tooth on a pork rib a month or so ago at the gum line) pulled and an implant base set in the jaw bone. Dentist visits rate right up near the top of not good list. Now have to wait a couple weeks to see if the bone will start to attach to the post or have to go through a bone graft. 

Offline CHEVSILVER1500

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: June 07, 2017, 10:35:50 PM »

FedEx dropped off my chargemaster today. Only had time to get it set up on the bench. Will look into the tuning info TRN posted up this weekend and will give it a try to see how it goes.

A progressive press would be nice for bulk loading pistol and 223 but I think for my long range precision ammo I'll stick to single stage.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3675 on: June 07, 2017, 11:38:54 PM »
I did a little bit of this today for my father in law today

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: June 07, 2017, 11:56:02 PM »
I did a little bit of this today for my father in law today

That could have been a completely different set of pictures! Atleast from the looks of the pictures you could have been picking it up on the bottom road.... yikes!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: June 08, 2017, 12:26:30 AM »
If it had been facing the other direction we might have tried it but we didn't think backwards was good either

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: June 08, 2017, 12:27:44 AM »
Can you spot the keep

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #3679 on: June 08, 2017, 12:40:24 AM »
So what's the story on how it happened? I don't see a giant boulder or anything blocking the road....

Was the recovery all manual? Meaning no vehicle winch.... that's what it appears to be. That's a good work out!

Good looking country to drive off the road in.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 12:43:42 AM by wyorunner »

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: June 08, 2017, 01:50:34 AM »
Yes, this deserves a story for sure.

Was this a "here, hold my beer while I try something" moment?

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: June 08, 2017, 07:48:21 AM »
So my father in law is a very interesting man, knowledgeable and adventurous, decided to go for a evening trail ride in the canyons.  Just finds a road and goes so to speak, little early 90's keep. No off road add ons or anything. 

He took a small road up that mt side to see what was at the end and as he traveled up the trail he ran into one of the ruts had some  snow run off trickling down it and he had no way to continue further.  So he started backing down the hill and slipped the back tire off the edge and the keep went down hill from there.

We used a come-a-long and another style that I am not familiar with but between them we manually pulled the front of the jeep around, pulled it up the hill, we did have a young man happen across the mess and jump in to help, his 4Runner was small enough to get up the trail where the Dmax wouldn't even fit in the trees. We used him to keep tension with a snatch block on the keep as we retied off and adjusted the come alongs

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: June 08, 2017, 08:41:38 AM »
could have been a lot worse, glad no one was injured
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: June 08, 2017, 09:14:28 AM »
Don't give up on the place in the country Bobby, things fall in place when they're supposed to!  As for meat prices, Maplewood's weren't that out of line with our neck of the wood, and the quality is way better!

Oh I saw a couple places I'd love to get, one is at the absolute top end of my pre-approval, the other is supposedly going to be put up by the bank sometime soon. Only a couple acres, but a nice 20'x30' (I think) pole building with cement floors.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: June 08, 2017, 05:05:18 PM »
If it had been facing the other direction we might have tried it but we didn't think backwards was good either

I think Sam was thinking the same as me....lucky it stopped where it did. It looks like it's one mountain breeze away from rolling down that mountain!
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: June 08, 2017, 05:37:59 PM »
I'm subjecting myself to commercial aviation.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: June 08, 2017, 06:37:31 PM »
I'm subjecting myself to commercial aviation.

well, looks like you're well prepared for the torture.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: June 08, 2017, 06:51:56 PM »
Yes. And a Good Samaritan gave me free drink coupons for the flight. Here is a text exchange with the wife.

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: June 08, 2017, 10:27:50 PM »
Swapped out the alternator on my Chevy express people hauler today. Not really a hard job, just getting around inside the engine compartment without much space is a pain.

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #3689 on: June 08, 2017, 10:43:09 PM »
Yes. And a Good Samaritan gave me free drink coupons for the flight. Here is a text exchange with the wife.

If you're gonna be on cops, might as well hit as many stereotypes as possible.
So my father in law is a very interesting man, knowledgeable and adventurous, decided to go for a evening trail ride in the canyons.  Just finds a road and goes so to speak, little early 90's keep. No off road add ons or anything. 

He took a small road up that mt side to see what was at the end and as he traveled up the trail he ran into one of the ruts had some  snow run off trickling down it and he had no way to continue further.  So he started backing down the hill and slipped the back tire off the edge and the keep went down hill from there.

We used a come-a-long and another style that I am not familiar with but between them we manually pulled the front of the jeep around, pulled it up the hill, we did have a young man happen across the mess and jump in to help, his 4Runner was small enough to get up the trail where the Dmax wouldn't even fit in the trees. We used him to keep tension with a snatch block on the keep as we retied off and adjusted the come alongs

Glad to hear the only result was a good story.

Found out that our little girl has either her mom's collegiate volleyball legs, or the legs of a bull frog.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 10:43:52 PM by longball »

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3690 on: June 08, 2017, 11:27:18 PM »
Wow!!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: June 09, 2017, 12:22:08 AM »
Finally sold a small piano so wife can keep the BIG one from her mom. Just a standup, but it is heavy!!!

Found all the tune up stuff for the burb, after I bought more,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Kids are out of school, now they have to be entertained for 2 months.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: June 09, 2017, 05:22:46 PM »
So after I swapped the alternator in the van the other day I was still having issue s with hard starting and a couple times it would start then die immediately. Started thinking I might have a bad ignition switch. So drive it to the office today and came out and the starter wasn't spinning at all, just a series of loud clicks from the bendix. Sat there for a little while getting more and more frustrated. Checked battery studs(side post), whacked the starter, no change. Decided to check the battery cables again one more time and realized that the positive cable wasn't tight, but the stud was. Apparently when I bought the battery or when it was at the dealer last and they reinstalled it, the stud got crossthreaded and therefore seemed tight to the tech, but the actual cable was barely touching. I'm guessing with the warmer tempseratures( happened in the cold too) and with the battery being a little older now, it didnt have as much oomph and couldn't bridge the gap. Reconnected it properly and she runs like a top now.  Just reminds me I need to be more diligent with the basics when doing My diagnostics and preventive.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: June 09, 2017, 05:31:34 PM »
That's a good lesson for all of us. I did some cleaning of my throttle body on an early 2000's jetta and thought I damaged it because it would shoot up to 2k rpm at start up, then surge up and down from 1k-1500 constantly at what should have been a 750rpm idle. chased it for hours checking all the sensors I could have ruined with carb cleaner, disconnected battery cables to clear codes, looked for online resources for failed throttle control, drive by wire type information only to realize before I threw in the towel that I'd left the MAF sensor plug disconnected...  :facepalm:

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: June 09, 2017, 09:32:40 PM »
On the up side, at least it wasn't an expensive fix.

Finally got the knuckles for my old four wheeler cleaned up, painted, and ready for bearings. That only took 9 months. The wife and I met at lunch to register for gifts and buy frog legs a car seat and stroller. Finally got into the garden to tackle the jungle of weeds that were about to take over. For the last 3 weeks it was too wet to step foot in every time I was home.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: June 09, 2017, 10:17:53 PM »
Finally back in the cabin.
We went for supper last Sunday, but are there for the weekend again.
Tomorrow fix up the dock, I hope.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: June 09, 2017, 11:34:43 PM »
Getting the camper ready to go on vacation. Making the annual trip to southeastern Kentucky and hang out with the in-laws. We were going to leave the camper at home and drive the car to save some money. But. My mother-in-laws sister moved in with her. Brought her 2 kids, her father in law and her boy friend. Yes you read that right. Herself. Her 2 kids. Her husbads dad. And her boyfriend.....Her husband is a drug addict that everyone is afraid of and the cops said stay away from him. Ummm yea I'm bringing the camper. I don't care how much extra it costs. I ain't staying in that mad house. It has gotten really bad in that part of the country. There are a lot of good people there but the few that are bat sh** crazy make me not even want to go. They live way out the sticks. We set up camp in the driveway.  And why are there 4 wheelers going by the house at 4 am? I know they ain't going to work. Well, not work as we know it anyway.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: June 10, 2017, 12:32:41 AM »
Trailer is packed and now parked next to the house

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: June 10, 2017, 09:29:28 PM »
Spent the day at son's soccer tourney in the 95 heat and 20 mph wind. Chilaxin on the back patio now. More of the same tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: June 10, 2017, 09:41:48 PM »
Chilly boat ride this morning to go install Marina docks.
35* or so, 30mph winds, was cold and wet.

Had to perform some structural repairs to one section and got it all in.
One poor fella, misjudged his stride, and jumping from the floater to the attached, well he missed, and did a reverse swan into the 56* water. We got him pulled out, and like a trooper he helped till we were done.

Then got onto my dock, one axle in with wheels, second in but waiting till tomorrow to finish.
Need to build some guide pole holders that work...made two as a demo last year, now need to make a few more.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal