Hello Guest

Author Topic: Drill Bits, Lifetime Warranty  (Read 2460 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Drill Bits, Lifetime Warranty
« on: August 07, 2015, 07:58:47 PM »
Say What!

Duane, Jerry and I went down to the NSRA (National Street Rod Association) annual show in Louisville today. Not a SEMA, but pretty big. Thousands of cars and a massive number of vendors.

I always buy a tool or two there when I go and this year I watched a demo of an amazing set of drill bits.

What caught my eye was this big easy out tap. Which had a drill bit through it sideways.

I watched this guy drilling through stainless steel, through iron, steel concrete blocks, anything and everything.

Here's a link:

http://millnertools.com/collections/all

After seeing them and talking to him I bought every size he had.

The return policy is if something ever happens to the drill bit. Stick it in an envelope with a return address and send it to them. They will mail out a new one. No questions, no fuss, no muss. even if you didn't purchase it. No product registration, nothing. You drill too many holes in the nearby battleship and dull the bit, send it in and you get a new one!

I paid $190 for both boxes
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 07:59:32 PM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Drill Bits, Lifetime Warranty
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 08:16:23 PM »
Wow. Drilled an easy out.
That's impressive. Expensive but if that good should be the last bits you ever buy!
Can't imagine not sharpening bits anymore. :)
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Dustoff35

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 08:22:18 PM »
Run them a little bit tonight and give a quick review, maybe I'll buy a set when I go back tomorrow.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 08:22:56 PM »
Wow. Drilled an easy out.
That's impressive. Expensive but if that good should be the last bits you ever buy!
Can't imagine not sharpening bits anymore. :)
The demo was something to watch. At one point while using a 1/4" bit he turns the drill onto a 45 degree angle then pushes hard on the drill which bent the drill bit into a curve...While drilling! It didn't snap and returned to shape. He said that was because of the titanium in the alloy which also includes Cobalt, bronze, steel, and something else.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 08:23:43 PM »
Run them a little bit tonight and give a quick review, maybe I'll buy a set when I go back tomorrow.
I might have you pick me up that nibbler attachment he was demoing also

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 06:05:22 PM »
Just spoke with Garren down at Milner tools.

Good guy, he wanted to clarify some of the finer points about his drill bits. First of all he wanted to say that eventually his drill bits will get dull, and not to think they stay sharp forever. But that is a simple matter for the owner to run them through a drill doctor and sharpen to the recommended 118 degree angle, or just send them back to him

If you do decide to send them back, Garren says to stick them in an envelope along with $2 to cover shipping and handling and he will send you back a new bit with no questions asked.

He also mentioned what I have discovered for myself. His bits are designed for harder materials and he recommends you run them fast. He RPM recommendations for each bit/material is clearly spelled out in the bit case, but in summary, all his bit speeds are faster than we are used to running.

I discovered that when I was drilling the bumper. Once I cranked the speed up, the bits punched right through.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal