Hello Guest

Author Topic: The Bride, the Beast, and Babylon  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
The Bride, the Beast, and Babylon
« on: September 25, 2015, 09:32:00 AM »
Powerful video

Historical documentation of the changing of Jesus ministries into the church of modern day

Be prepared to have what you may have believed shaken!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL4PwK7QaFAuh_wQ36_E5MdhvvIB6HNH8O&t=3511&v=vDKG_WFLUi4
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline sideways

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: The Bride, the Beast, and Babylon
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 11:00:31 AM »
I grew up in a catholic family, went to catholic school, and was married in a catholic church.

That video helps confirm what I have been thinking/feeling about the catholic church. The more I read and discuss the good book with people I know, the more I feel that the teachings of the church is not the teachings of Christ.

It is a war between my thoughts and what I have been taught.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 11:56:52 AM »
"in the final days, there shall be false prophets and false teachings...."
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 01:24:53 PM »
I was baptized Catholic, have a Catholic saint's middle name, and went to Catholic school through Jr. high...

Needless to say, I was re-baptized, as an adult in college, non-denominational, for many of the reasons that I felt, but didn't yet fully understand.

Since then, it's become more evident why I felt the way I did then, as I've read and studied. So much Catholic doctrine is not scriptural, numerous examples of abuse of power and manipulation. But this is really no different that any large governing body or other big religions for that matter.
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 01:48:16 PM »
Yea folks, this one is a hard pill.

I know some Catholics who, I know are Christians. And not just run of the mill, but Spirit filled Christians

But I can also say in the church I attend which is not catholic, has quite a few ex-Catholics as members...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 10:21:12 AM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 10:21:52 PM »
I will refrain here. But I would encourage you to read "50 years in the Church of Rome by father Charles Chiniquy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 08:13:38 AM »
Very interesting. I was also raised carhloic. Catholic school, alter boy and so on. I guess I always asked questions the priest could not answer. Like where was Jesus for 30 years? He was a baby and over night he was grown.
I wish I could remember where I read this but there is evidence in the Koran that Jesus visited and learned about Islam. Aslo in buddisim he was was mentioned. Jesus traveled a lot and learned many different religions.
The church makes the priest take a vow of poverty yet our church was freaking huge with gold and big statues everywhere. Things just didn't click with me.
My first wife was Lutheran so i changed. I don't attend services anymore I worship in my own way. I do send my kids to Sunday school became its important to learn about God and Jesus. When they are older they can make their own decisions on what they believe.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 07:54:35 PM »
This was a topic of teaching in church when I was a teen- not anti Chatholic per se but anti idolatry.  Lots of interesting information in the video - thanks Don.
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal