Hello Guest

Author Topic: Oh my Goodness!  (Read 3050 times)

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Oh my Goodness!
« on: May 09, 2017, 09:00:40 AM »
Americans are strong, mighty, great warriors and giants amongst nations

Or not...

Art Student with Glue Gun Provokes Lockdown, Soul Searching at New York Liberal Arts College
FRIDAY, MAY 5, 2017 Art Student with Glue Gun Provokes Lockdown, Soul Searching at New York Liberal Arts College
SUPPORT NRA-ILA

On Monday evening, the campus of Colgate University – a private liberal arts school located in idyllic central New Yok State – went into lockdown over a report of an “active shooter” roving the grounds. The school would later inform the media, “At approximately 8:00 p.m. May 1, an individual entered the O’Connor Campus Center while carrying what witnesses believed was a weapon. Campus Safety initiated a campus lockdown in response to these reports.”

A “thorough investigation” and “campus-wide search” later revealed the true source of the complaint: an art student working on a project had been seen carrying a glue gun. By Tuesday morning, the all-clear was sounded but not before a SWAT team, a variety of local law enforcement agencies, and what was described as “a tank” had responded to the incident.

According to the Washington Post, “some students at Colgate were upset when they learned that they had been worried for hours for something that was never a threat.”

That’s a reasonable response to a gross overreaction based on ignorance and underexposure.

Unfortunately, these sorts of overreactions have become virtually institutionalized in educational environments, where the mere idea of a firearm – however completely detached from any actual threatening or aggressive behavior – is enough to provoke panic and harsh consequences.

It truly is deplorable that college-aged students at an “elite” university are so detached from any exposure to firearms – or from any sort of handiwork, apparently – that the mere glimpse of a glue gun could send them into a full-scale panic. Media reports have not indicated the student carrying the glue gun made any threatening gestures with it.

Colgate President Brian W. Casey released a statement in which he said he has asked the campus safety director to take administrative leave while the response to the incident is reviewed.

Fortunately, it does not appear the student who innocently possessed the glue gun is going to be disciplined for the event. In that regard, he has been treated far more fairly than any number of other students – some far too young to understand or even be aware of firearm-related violence – who were severely harangued and punished for equally harmless behavior.

In one case, for example, a five-year-old brought a cowboy-style, orange-safety-tipped toy cap gun onto a school bus to show to his friend, who had allegedly brought a water gun on the bus a day earlier. Even after it was confirmed that the gun was a toy, the boy was subjected to a lengthy two-hour interrogation by school officials during which he wet his pants. He was then suspended for 10 days.

In Pennsylvania, a 5-year-old girl was initially suspended for 10 days on allegations of a “terroristic threat” for merely talking about playing with a Hello Kitty “bubble gun” that “shoots” soap bubbles. The punishment was reduced to two days (and the charge reduced to “threat to harm others”) after the mother agreed to the school’s condition that the girl be evaluated by a therapist. Unsurprisingly, the evaluation described the girl as “typical 5-year-old by temperament and interests" with no history of mood swings, irritability, depression, attention deficit disorder, learning issues or other problems, whose comments portrayed “no harmful or predatory intent.” The therapist additionally absolved the girl’s mother of “poor parenting” leading up to the situation.

It’s ironic that children and their parents are being forced into mental health evaluations when it’s clearly the administrators of these schools who are behaving irrationally and harmfully.

Hopefully, the fact that student at an “elite” university has now been implicated in this lamentable state of affairs will help shed light on the fact that the overreaction of educational professionals to any circumstance that hints at firearms is ultimately harmful to students. Ignorance of any sort only serves to harm the credibility or effectiveness of any institution that purports to educate others.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Oh my Goodness!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 10:23:44 AM »
Hopefully the level of idiocy has "Crested"?
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 11:20:06 AM »
Sorry, it hasn't
A lady in Vermont

Believes we should "Pre-Arrest" criminals if we know they are going to commit a crime

And how, you ask would she/they know?

Well according to the clip I read, she would sponsor mandatory gun ownership, because gun owners are the most likely candidates to commit a crime!

Now that's idiocy!

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 11:31:37 AM »
Sorry, it hasn't
A lady in Vermont

Believes we should "Pre-Arrest" criminals if we know they are going to commit a crime

And how, you ask would she/they know?

Well according to the clip I read, she would sponsor mandatory gun ownership, because gun owners are the most likely candidates to commit a crime!

Now that's idiocy!

Yeah, but that would backfire. LOL! I'm all for making us more of an armed society. An armed society is a polite society. Granted, initially there would be an uptick in firearm related deaths while the gene pool is weeded, but then, I believe, we would have a period of very low crime moving in to the future. Face it, criminal search out easy targets. If there are no easy targets, eventually there will be very little violent crime.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 11:35:58 AM »
This reminds me of the stupidity exhibited with the "concerned parent" calling in a suspicious character in a mask entering a school a few days ago, on "may the fourth"... a kid dressed up as Darth Vader had the school on lockdown...  :facepalm:

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 12:05:35 PM »
This reminds me of the stupidity exhibited with the "concerned parent" calling in a suspicious character in a mask entering a school a few days ago, on "may the fourth"... a kid dressed up as Darth Vader had the school on lockdown...  :facepalm:

Happened in Green Bay.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 12:22:47 PM »

Happened in Green Bay.
Wild...
Time for some snowflakes to melt...
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 01:20:31 PM »
College ROTC programs have been on the receiving end of this stupidity for some time as well. Cadets out drilling with Rubber Ducks have had liberal professors calling in active shooter reports to campus and local LE. When interviewed, the idiots who reported the events have often admitted they new the "weapons" were fake, but stated their presence still endangered others on campus. SMH. Now, we have to paint our rubber ducks orange, and call the campus PD to let them know we will be training with them on campus the day of the event.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 01:54:22 PM »
"Art Student with Glue Gun Provokes Lockdown, Soul Searching at New York Liberal Arts College
FRIDAY, MAY 5, 2017 Art Student with Glue Gun Provokes Lockdown, Soul Searching at New York Liberal Arts College"

That's a "sticky" situation.

Didn't the IDIOTS notice that it had a long electric cord hanging off the "grip"?

2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 02:46:21 PM »
It's a good thing he didn't have very good "Aim", and couldn't get "Close-up" to anyone to do any damage.

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2017, 05:55:27 PM »
"Art Student with Glue Gun Provokes Lockdown, Soul Searching at New York Liberal Arts College
FRIDAY, MAY 5, 2017 Art Student with Glue Gun Provokes Lockdown, Soul Searching at New York Liberal Arts College"

Didn't the IDIOTS notice that it had a long electric cord hanging off the "grip"?

Mike,

Would that have made it an

Electric mini gun??

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2017, 06:31:40 PM »

Mike,

Would that have made it an

Electric mini gun??

Baah haa ha.....but those unfamiliar with firearms would have thought a true mini gun was just a new salad shooter for the cafeteria to cater to the vegetarian crowd  :laugh:

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2017, 07:49:58 PM »
Reminds me of the poor kid who made a pop-tart into an L and pointed it at someone.

Or the little girl who just in trouble for "liking" a picture of a toy gun on facebook.

GOD HELP US!!!
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2017, 02:25:46 PM »
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2017, 10:30:13 PM »
Snow Flake used to be another word that started with a "P"

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2017, 10:59:35 PM »
And ended with
Ussy
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2017, 06:53:36 AM »
We used wussy or wuss to avoid flying palms from the parental unit  :cheesy:

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2017, 09:09:55 AM »
Tate....lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 09:10:26 AM by KensAuto »
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2017, 10:20:32 AM »

Yep! Can't even use that official terminology in the Armee anymore due to political conformism.
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2017, 10:52:56 AM »
Tate....lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Finally!

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2017, 10:56:38 AM »

Yep! Can't even use that official terminology in the Armee anymore due to political conformism.
I am so dissapointed by all of that

Know the new Secretary of the Army?

Mr. Green

Ex-NightStalker
Strong Christian, Doctor, was our regimental surgeon

I'd say the lefties are in for some changes. He believes in none of that nonsense that is killing our fighting abilities.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2017, 11:18:35 AM »
We used wussy or wuss to avoid flying palms from the parental unit  :cheesy:

They all still work. If the shoe fits,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2017, 01:36:04 PM »

I am so dissapointed by all of that

Know the new Secretary of the Army?

Mr. Green

Ex-NightStalker
Strong Christian, Doctor, was our regimental surgeon

I'd say the lefties are in for some changes. He believes in none of that nonsense that is killing our fighting abilities.

Between he and GEN Mattis, we'll be seeing some positive change soon, I'm sure!
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2017, 06:28:07 PM »
^^^Need to add that to our prayer list!^^^^

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2017, 02:43:03 PM »
 :likebutton:
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal