Hello Guest

Author Topic: Ride Reports!  (Read 11446 times)

Offline turn_one

• Registered
    • View Profile
Ride Reports!
« on: October 10, 2014, 02:36:19 PM »
How about we start a thread for those of us who get out and get dirty on these things too (heal up Chief and we can put the DR to the test).

Let's see/hear them...past or upcoming...adventure or maybe just some OHV journeys.

Offline turn_one

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Ride Reports!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 03:17:30 PM »
Okay, me first.

Living in the PNW I get a short but great opportunity to ride some awesome areas.  One such area that I've yet to check out until this last weekend in the Gifford Pinchot Nat'l Forest.  This area occupies a great swath of land in between the mighty Mt Rainier and Mt Adams, 2 Cascade volcanoes reaching 14,410' and 12K'-ish.

Trail map here:

I headed down with some shredders from the shop I blow all my $'s at, I-90 Motorsports in Issaquah.  These dudes know the area well, go there often and kept me from getting lost.  The above map (a pic on my phone taken at the dander station) was all I had for navigation and despite 2 solid days of riding we covered about 30% of the trails I'd guess.

Day one there were 4 of us. Me on my trusty KTM 350 XCF-W, one guy on a smoker 250, another on a 450 XCW and the outsider on a Yamaha YZ450R (think fast).  I'm use to camping in tents...which is fine with me.  I do not however object whenever a buddy invites me in his toy hauler that sleeps 8.  Here's us set up at the Blue Lake campground:

We headed out in the morning with the Yamaha guy as trail boss.  He prefers gnarly stuff and gnarly we rode.  Most trails were a combination of loose to solid rock, good dirt, roots that develop rises that only a 21" wheel with someone skilled behind it could overcome.  All this is done at speed because momentum (to a point) is your friend on such trails.  The ability of a modern day, purpose built dirt bike is truly amazing...things can climb trees.  During one such gnarly section my buddy's bike skipped sideways and his foot caught a root and pinned it back under his foot peg.  This appeared to break 3 of his toes...which was unfortunate for all of us because we had to listen to him belly-ache for the rest of the ride (which he completed).  The other folks along suggested he call a 'whaaaa-ambulance'.  I'll spare you from the graphic purple foot shot I've seen as his feet are pretty messed up pre-accident.

No camera on the first day...second day a few other shredders showed, one on another moto KX450R (very fast) and yet another 2-smoker 250 KTM.  Here's the crew minus me.  Despite their portly outward appearances these dudes rip.

Shortly after the above photo was taken we were missing Tom (250 2 stroke).  Now Tom is a solid A rider and can compete in AA if he wanted....he's not usually too far behind. So we sent a guy looking for lost Tom. We found him cruising up the trail looking quite disheveled, his bike picking up some Terra firma in his absence. He arrived with the group having ZERO recollection of the crash...and the last 10 minutes for that matter.  he repeated to us no less than 25 times within the hour that he must've crashed and his right shoulder was hurt.  Obviously he had some loss of consciousness but according to his buddies 'this happens all the time with him'.  Guess after multiple concussions the next one comes easier.  He still has no idea what happened.  Just says he was riding along, wondering where everybody was and then saw Brent (guy we sent back for lost Tom) and thought it was weird somebody was coming down the trail he thought just seconds before was going up.

Mountain single track riding at speed is what can best be described as a series of linked recoveries...because you're almost always in some type of crash...you just stay loose and rely on the bike to sort it out.  The rest of the day was riding much like this.  Our bikes at rest:

My goal was to hit Jumbo Mountain for I have seen it in several pics before and it seemed to offer the type of riding I like; high mountain single track.  My front tire conspired against this plan and got a flat 7 or so miles prior so we had to take a maintenance break.  I run Tubliss on this bike, a high pressure small tube with a protective bladder that seals the spoke holes making the wheel air tight.  This allows you to run no tubes which equal no pinch-flats.  My tire actually compressed into the beadlock on the Tubliss and cut a hole in it.  This meant I had to plug it...and I didn't bring plugs...which meant I had to patch it...and I didn't have patches..which meant I was screwed.  Until someone dug a patch out (just 1) that was my only shot at getting back on trail.  This patch held for a little while...long enough for me to get to Jumbo:

My bike on Jumbo:

Mt Adams to the south:

...and the awesome trail that led us there:

Many of precarious sections led us back to the road...where my air in the front finally gave up the ghost.  No harm though, with Tubliss you can run most tires flat and not risk breaking the bead.

A big, fat and greasy sausage completed our day.  I got in the truck with gimp-boy (broken toes and pulled off another 60 miler day) and we made it home with another awesome weekender in the bag.

Thanks for looking.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 03:49:37 PM »
Breathtaking!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 11:22:55 PM »
Thats just a few hours north of me, sure wish I had rode there!!
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 11:05:19 AM »
Kentucky does not have such panoramic views...

But we do have hollars...

You guyz have hollars???  8)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 05:13:49 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 12:54:35 PM »
We have finally been graced with little big d, beautiful pics brother, makes me miss livin up there, but that will come here in about 19 mo when I retire.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline turn_one

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 01:03:43 PM »
^^^C'mon up!  Give a hollar when you do.

Those kinds of 'hollars' Chief?

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 05:08:49 PM »
^^^C'mon up!  Give a hollar when you do.

Those kinds of 'hollars' Chief?
Different kind
And I doubt you forgot already...Luke!

Offline turn_one

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 03:48:21 PM »
Want to bring this thread back to the forefront as the riding season is upon us.

I like remote mountain single track riding, the northwest usually doesn't allow that until mid July at best but this year is different.  A mild winter and seemingly early start to summer has granted me a few trips up to the Cascades, here are a few pics from a ride outside of Leavenworth WA.

My buddy is learning to paraglide and his school sits up this canyon off the Wenatchee River.  In the morning the winds allowed him to fly (I watched), the afternoons we rode.  Looking down the valley from which we came up:

Ridge lines had a nice single track on its crest:

Partner in crime on his 350 XCF-W:

Not too fast here:

Last day and flat number 2 except this time I only had 1 cO2 cartridge left.  Usually it takes about 3 cO2's to bead/fill a rear but no worries...my buddy has a bike pump...which decided to fail which meant I rode 10+ miles back to the truck with a flat.  Here's the action shot, note the stick/kickstand combo for impromptu flat repairs:

More pics to come when more rides done...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 04:38:55 PM by turn_one »

Offline moto123

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 02:01:27 PM »
Had a good laugh about the stick, pretty creative!  But man you seem to get a lot of flat tires.  Is it all sharp rocks that you are riding on?  I can't remember the last time I had a flat tire, but the majority of Illinois is loamy, soft black dirt when it's dry or quicksand when it gets wet.

Offline moto123

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 02:12:55 PM »
Well, you have motivated me to post up some of our pictures from a dual sport ride we did last fall.  We don't have quite the epic scenery, but it was still a great day of riding.  Somewhere around 70 miles total with about 10 of that on the road between off road sections.  It was fun to see 50+ dirt bikes all lined up waiting for fuel at the halfway point.  There was only one small gas station in the town.  Anyway, on with the pictures since that's all anyone cares about anyway.

My father, at 61, still riding just as fast as any of us through the trees.

My brother, followed by myself.

One road section.

Offline moto123

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2015, 02:18:39 PM »

Well, the photobucket site just crashed and locked up.  I will finish adding pictures later.

Offline turn_one

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2015, 04:17:06 PM »
Had a good laugh about the stick, pretty creative!  But man you seem to get a lot of flat tires.  Is it all sharp rocks that you are riding on?  I can't remember the last time I had a flat tire, but the majority of Illinois is loamy, soft black dirt when it's dry or quicksand when it gets wet.

Nice pics moto.

This particular flat was a pinch flat. Yes, there are a lot of rocks where I ride but I don't know what contributes to the flats more, the sharpness or the fact that they're solid and don't give when hit at speed.  Either way I don't leave without carrying at least a front tube (which is lighter, takes up less space and can work in both the front and rear) and means to fill it.

Offline moto123

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2015, 01:38:56 PM »
Photobucket seems to be up and running today, thou with an unacceptable amount of pop-up adds that slow everything down.

Offline moto123

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2015, 01:44:10 PM »
There was a really cool see-saw that someone had built.  Of course we had to try it.  My brother went so fast that he basically used it as a ramp and jumped clear over it.  I tried to go slow enough to roll down the other side - definitely a bit more challenging that I expected.  The photographer was pretty fast to be able to get 4 shots in series in one take.

Offline turn_one

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 02:46:51 PM »
There was a really cool see-saw that someone had built.  Of course we had to try it.  My brother went so fast that he basically used it as a ramp and jumped clear over it.  I tried to go slow enough to roll down the other side - definitely a bit more challenging that I expected.  The photographer was pretty fast to be able to get 4 shots in series in one take.

Those see-saws are freaky.  I hit one earlier this year intended for mountain bikes and almost lost it coming down the other side...guess it 'saw'd' a little slower than expected.

Offline turn_one

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2016, 03:22:36 PM »
It's about to be riding season again, I'm stoked.  In an effort to get others stoked with me here are some random pics from a few trips last year.

I live in WA state and try to divide my time between the WET-side and east side.  These pics are from an area near my cabin in the Methow Valley outside of Winthrop (the dry side).  The riding area here, referred to as Foggy Dew has a bunch of alpine single track moto stuff that decently skilled riders can access some pretty sweet backcountry on. I'm on my single track slayer here, the KTM 300 2-smoker:

Next off to the great state of Idaho.  There's no better place in my mind to take a dirt bike if long stretches of mountain single track with few people is to your liking.  This particular trip was part of a loop ride that some guys put together (http://ridaho.info/the-grit-northern-loop/) that encompasses 780 miles of mostly dirt (271 miles of trail).  Most take 5 days to make the loop but we hit weather at the start of day four so packed it in. 
The cool part of trips like this is that your carrying everything you need for multiple days on your person/bike.  Thanks to my days of climbing I've learned to pack light, sharing the load with a partner helps too.  We used a Giant Loop Mojave bag (like removable soft panniers) with a duffel on the tail.  These contained food, stove, clothes, sleeping bags, a tent and a few other misc bits.  Tools, spares, water and other things were carries in our packs
Both of us were on plated KTM 350 XCF-Ws with big fuel tanks (necessary!), as seen here getting loaded up and ready to GRIT:

Cool gas stop on day 1 in Avery ID:

Cabin along the GRIT ride in the middle of somewhere (bikes in their loaded config.):

As weather is undoubtedly throws your plans a curve ball in the PNW you gotta have a plan B.  Ours in this case meant we headed back to a drier WA state (ironic) and tooled around some of the cascade trails that start to open up around July.
Shown here some of the typical skinny, craggy and consequential trails near Entiat:

No right turns!

Sometimes trails don't get cleared from the previous seasons blowdown.  Such was the case here on the Devils Backbone which meant we were turning around.  Just past this point was hundreds of downed trees across a trail that offered no go around options.

Trips end with some dirty happy boys:

More to come...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 03:24:03 PM by turn_one »

Offline turn_one

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2016, 05:13:35 PM »
...Back to ID, this time to the south central part of the state.  I'd never been here and had been looking forward to some moto exploration with my partner in crime.
The 350, albeit a totally capable machine got traded in, in favor of a plated 16 500 XCW.  It's a beast but surprisingly easy to ride with ample torque on demand right off idle

Post break-in ride:

Idaho has tons of hot springs so most of our rides/destinations were centered around checking these out, by means of single track.  This sweet one is right outside of Atlanta...ID:

...which neighbors Rocky Bar ID...yeah, I hadn't heard of it either:

Bikes hanging out while we prep for a soak:

Trails for days!:

Sawtooths in the background near Stanley ID:

One day, somewhere...:

Next trip saw me returning for a 3rd time to the Kernville CA area.  This is within the Sequoia Nat'l Forest and offers all types of riding terrain, from flowy smooth riverside trails to rough alpine rocky gnar.  It's a long drive for us but worth it if you can spend a week.

Campsite on day 1.  My buddies rig (Dakota with a Four Wheel Camper):

How'd those bikes get down there:

One of the lower trails that somewhat parallels the Kernville River.  The lowering snow line in the distance gives a clue of whats to come:

...too much ambition and a poor weather forecast in the mountains can get you here:

Shut down in Kernville once again!

Enough of that snow stuff...back in WA on the 300:

Outside of Lake Wenatchee near Leavenworth.  Haze from the late year fires:

...til next trip!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2016, 05:46:09 PM »
Very Nice

Looks like a friendlier/treeier version of Afghanistan

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2016, 06:21:14 PM »
Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2016, 07:42:11 PM »
Gorgeous pics and looks like fun. Kernville, heck that is way past me from Wa.

Reminds me of my last ride up above Carson pass on the PCT on my KTM 530 (sold)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2016, 08:42:27 AM »
Great photos and great times obviously. Thank for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2016, 11:44:12 AM »
I have been looking at meeting up with an ol riding buddy who has moved to Portland.  We figured Idaho was a great midway spot. Oh man this is motivational for sure!!  If you head out into Utah message me. Always game for a riding trip

Raising boys into RealMen!!

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2016, 01:40:30 PM »
I want to bring the kids to MOAB and ZION, is that near?

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2016, 01:48:55 PM »
That is about four hours south of me but it is well worth it. The views are amazing!!!

Raising boys into RealMen!!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2017, 06:47:37 PM »
Went riding on a adult trip, spent the majority of two hours dragging my bike inch by inch out of this, plus I now have ago pro to capture footage

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2017, 11:53:45 PM »
Wow, that stuff looks dry at first glance. Gotta love desert mud.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2017, 12:53:59 PM »
I tell ya what, $15 at the car wash and I still have mud coming out from everywhere, looks like a bike tear down and clean and rebuild for my sanity

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2017, 11:49:44 PM »
took some photos of the trip from the South skyline trail on the wasatch front

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2017, 10:36:40 AM »
Looks like a blast!
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2017, 12:46:33 AM »
I can't figure it how to post stuff with my laptop.  I have bunch of video on there from the go pro but I need to post them on you tube first I guess

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2017, 11:33:18 PM »
Been to the top of Benlomand peak today
My riding buddy Danny

View of lower Willard peak

The back of Benlomond peak,  if you look close you can see the switch backs

Ogden valley

Offline B-Mac

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2019, 10:36:50 AM »
Here is our Report from the Kentucky Adventure Tour: (KAT)       http://annessky.net/kat/

https://advrider.com/f/threads/lappin-the-kat.1188129/
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 10:37:41 AM by B-Mac »
2013 Honda Ridgeline,   2015 Suzuki-DL1000,
2013 Kawasaki-Z1000    2021 Honda Monkey

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2019, 12:01:32 PM »
Here is our Report from the Kentucky Adventure Tour: (KAT)       http://annessky.net/kat/

https://advrider.com/f/threads/lappin-the-kat.1188129/
That looks great!
Sold my current crop of adventure bikes, but lookin at that Africa twin...
Ky back woods riding is great. Have done it every month of the winter. Ice is a problem, but its fun!
Nice write-up!

Offline B-Mac

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2019, 01:37:59 PM »

[/quote]That looks great!
Sold my current crop of adventure bikes, but lookin at that Africa twin...
Ky back woods riding is great. Have done it every month of the winter. Ice is a problem, but its fun!
Nice write-up!
[/quote]

I spent a month/1000miles in May with a Honda AT that my close friend left with me to ride and complete a service on.
I rode mostly back road gravel, chip seal and two track. I have pushed it hard on the street with the 50/50 Mitas tires.
It is a great bike and I think Honda has hit the mark with this model. I will be taking it through the WNF ORV trail system for a few rides just to complete my personal evaluation. Riding a bike around that I have not personalized to my needs is tiring. I don't like the Foot Rest, Handel Bars, Seat position, Vertical Twin Motor (no soul) or Hit. Yes, it power wheelies fine.

TOT #6&7-04 by

The throttle has to much travel. Front Fork Dive during high-speed asphalt breaking is unacceptable. I know someone invented anti-Dive years ago. Everything can be corrected with aftermarket parts and tuning. I just don't have time to re-learn all the DCT clutch/throttle/brake technique that I have developed in 45 years to my liking.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/263vKRP]
Honda AT Test-00-01-04-653 by

[url=https://flic.kr/p/263vKQM]
Honda AT Water Cross by

So If I am not grinning ear to ear inside my helmet and laughing my butt off on the last downhill gravel corner save. I am not having FUN. I have been thrashing three different model DL1000 V-Strom's since 2004 and have a developed a bond that cannot be broken at this time. I am just done playing with the stock set-up Honda.
YMMV

[url=https://flic.kr/p/JnnTuX]
June 2018 ADV by
2013 Honda Ridgeline,   2015 Suzuki-DL1000,
2013 Kawasaki-Z1000    2021 Honda Monkey

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2019, 07:45:50 PM »
Yea, they all take work to personalize, but you need the basics. That Tiger 800 of mine had a way-to-tall first gear for any real trail riding and the weight of the thing was just too much.

Offline turn_one

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2021, 03:28:25 PM »
Lets breathe some life back in this thread!

Since last posting I've spent quite a bit of time on 2 wheels.  Here's a moto and mtb trip to Peru back in 2019. 

We spent a day in/around Lima getting sorted then off to Paracus a few hours south.  Dakar, when in South America frequented this area and we rode with a local competitor (Jackie) who raced in the SxS class and knew these dunes like his back yard...because they are. We followed a good deal of teh Dakars tracks when it was last held there. First day was an out and back from Jackie's house then days 2 & 3 were overnights in Huacachina, a sort of oasis in the middle of the desert.  Day 4, another rip around Jackie's place.  I rode a 18 KTM 450 EXC, which down there is equivalent to our XCF_w's or a enduro spec bike.  From there we hopped a flight over the Andes into Cusco, a jumping off point for Machu Pichu and into the Sacred Valley.  We did 1 day on rental Betas here with a local hard enduro guy then the rest of the time was on mtb...which proved challenging at  14'k:

More to follow...

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2021, 05:00:20 PM »
How cool is that!  :likebutton:
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2021, 05:39:39 PM »
So, you saying you didn't just hop out of the back of a MI-17 from the Peruvian Air Force for the shot on the peak???

;-))
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 05:40:56 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2021, 06:36:31 PM »
That looks like a lifetime worth of Epic Adventure in one post.   What others dream of you can say your have been there and done that!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2021, 06:38:45 PM »
Very very cool.  Super jelly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2021, 06:18:58 PM »
Awesome!!!!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline turn_one

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2021, 01:16:56 PM »
Very kind comments guys, thanks.

For the 2nd half of the trip we jumped on a plane in Lima and flew east over the Andes to Cusco, the jumping off point for most going to Machu Pichu so can be a little crowded.  Luckily my friend has a buddy who lives about an hour away in the Sacred Valley, knows the area very well and has a fleet of mountain bikes so the plan was to B-line it to his place and hang out for the week.

Where we stayed @ approx 7500'.

The Cusco sprawl

The following day 3 of us and the host (Duilio) got trucked up to a ridge above town and mtb'd down.  We were starting at ~14k' which made things a little tough for our sea level lungs.  You can see some villages in the valley below here:

and finally down.

The next one of the guys went to Machu Pichu with family and friends while Joe and I taxi'd back to Cusco where we met up with Aleandro.  Aleandro has a fleet of rental Beta 2t's and we talked him into ($) a hard enduro tour.  Most of the trails we rode were old Inca routes that had been established for over a thousand years and are still in use today providing farmers access to fields and in our case a little fun on some motos.

A very kind woman selling road side food made for a good lunch stop.  She had a small rock oven that seemed to always have a hot ember which she cooked meats and vegetables on.

Riding at + 14,500'

With a little lingering altitude sickness in my head I reluctantly went on the last ride of the trip the following day.  This was to be another mtb shuttle with Duilio and would start at around 15k'.  The route took us through Incan ruins along ancient farming fields then down into the oldest 'functioning' town in Peru...so I'm told.

Starting point

Yours truly just so you know I'm not fakin it...

With barely enough time to sample a local brew we packed up and headed to the airport and made our way home.

Thanks for coming along.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 05:24:18 PM by turn_one »

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2021, 01:41:32 PM »
Brings me back man. I spent some time down that way in the early 00's. awesome people, pretty darn good food too. nothing as adventurous as this lifetime achievement! did you sample the cuy cuy?

Offline turn_one

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2021, 02:04:41 PM »
Brings me back man. I spent some time down that way in the early 00's. awesome people, pretty darn good food too. nothing as adventurous as this lifetime achievement! did you sample the cuy cuy?

I was there once in 2003, maybe we crossed paths??

I tried that rodent, didn't think much of it.  Like everything it tasted like over fried chicken.

Peruvian people are dealing with an ongoing election recount between a right leaning guy and a full on socialist currently.  Guy I stayed with is worried his place in Paracus will get nationalized if the bad guy wins...seems everyone there is on edge waiting for the results.  That and they were hit extremely hard by Covid.  Hope to go back but not until things chill out a bit.

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2021, 03:25:40 PM »
Sweet. Can you check your pic links? Only about half are showing up.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2021, 04:21:59 PM »

I was there once in 2003, maybe we crossed paths??

I tried that rodent, didn't think much of it.  Like everything it tasted like over fried chicken.

Peruvian people are dealing with an ongoing election recount between a right leaning guy and a full on socialist currently.  Guy I stayed with is worried his place in Paracus will get nationalized if the bad guy wins...seems everyone there is on edge waiting for the results.  That and they were hit extremely hard by Covid.  Hope to go back but not until things chill out a bit.

2001 for me and only a few days in Peru. sounds a little too familiar to our political climate doesn't it?

Offline turn_one

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2021, 05:24:50 PM »
Think I resolved pic issue on my end...

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2021, 05:34:55 PM »
Yes you did! Good job Luke!

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2021, 05:58:04 PM »
Think I resolved pic issue on my end...

Yep

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal