VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Build Threads

New toy '93 M998

(1/5) > >>

DDS:
I've always wanted one of these for the longest time & finally own one. It's a 93 M998 with the 6.2l & a 3sp. It came with a rod knock & so I'm currently in the search for a replacement 6.2. I'd like to replace it with a 6.5T & a 4sp, but not sure if I really wanna get into that. I simply want something reliable. It came with a soft top & doors. My plan is to fabricate a hard top, back wall & doors all out of 1/4" aluminum. I already have the sheets, just looking for a good time to start it.

Flyin6:
A man after my own heart.

Having driven and ridden around them on multiple continents, I have always wanted one for myself.

Odd how cramped they are for being so big inside!

Well-built 6.2 is fine, but do yourself a favor and add a turbo and injectors, head studs, and all that...

cj7ox:
Nice find! If you're looking for a plug and play engine/trans replacement, take a look at the military surplus auction sites. They used to have a lot of those powerplants for pretty cheap.

Flyin6:
I wish I could find the photo, but I was flying beside another Chinook once with one of those things on the cargo hook. The problem was the front legs had broken and the whole HMMV was only hanging on with the aft sling legs. And, yes, it ended badly...

wyorunner:
Not sure if the company, but someone sells a kit to install a 6.6l in those. Or atleast for the original civilian hummer. Not sure of structural differences between the two.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version