VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Build Threads

LML Duramax Silverado Build Thread....C-MAX [Part 3-Titan Fuel Tank & SAS]

<< < (3/35) > >>

KensAuto:
I welded in the lower mount, but forgot to get pics. It needed final grinding before it is presentable.
Anyway I screwed on the old filters once again to seal it all up against the grinding dust. Here's how it sits with the steps stowed in the travel position:

And with the steps down:

Here you can see the difference between the AD and the CAT filters and the phenolic tabs which made the CAT filter unhappy:

KensAuto:
save

KensAuto:
The Titan fuel tank project is now complete along with the Air Dog relocation.

And

Surprisingly

Thanks to Nick, and Willie, and Holton

It all works!

So's eyes started with the modification of the Air dog pump, removing the two plastic blocks and grinding of the bracket as Willie advised. I shortened the bolts and ground away the inside corners of the pump bracket for clearance on the larger diameter CAT 2 micron filter.

Again, the focus of my now failing camera is set to make things clearer for me, which is blurry for the rest of the world...In fact I'm having trouble hitting the right "F" key, since when I look down between the space between my two hands, I see two "F" keys in stead of the one I am accustomes to seeing! I have learned if I aim at the right "F" key it usually works out for me!

Here's what the filter mount looks like after grinding, cleaning, and painting:

Note: I ground away all of the bracket where something used to mount in front of the tank. Titan says to leave some of it to support the fuel lines, but Big Don says to hay with all that nonsense, get dem sharp hole in tank grindin' edges outta' there!

KensAuto:
If you're wondering if the emergency brake cable catches on the Air Dog mount, well, it does. In fact I rigged a neat little toggle switch that fits into the cup of that cable so that when I set the brake, the cable snags the switch throwing it off. That switch controls the fuel pump circut, so the pump is automatically off when the vehicle is parked over night!

Anyone buy all that?
Whoever did, you just validated the low quality and standards of our failing education system!

KensAuto:
Then the Air Dog was perminized at it's new address! Pretty colored filters were added, and blue lines were plugged into various holes.
Lines were not secured at this point...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version