Hello Guest

Author Topic: Prayer Request thread  (Read 157767 times)

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Prayer Request thread
« Reply #400 on: April 19, 2017, 04:10:01 PM »
Don might be a better source of the exact spot.  But I have always understood that when we are down depressed it's time to loose yourself in service of others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 19, 2017, 07:01:27 PM »
My wife has had some struggles with depression and anxiety in the past.  The first time was about 7 or 8 years ago.  With the help of some counseling she was able to get over it for the most part.  Then about 3 years ago the anxiety came back.  At the time I was having some fairly major health issues which resulted in a few weeks in the hospital and a couple months of recovery time.  It was just all to much for her.  Again she was able to talk to somebody and had been doing really well for the last couple of years.

Recently she has been having a lot of anxiety again.  I don't think it is truly post-partum depression but it is focused around some of the struggles with caring for out little girl.  She has sought out some counseling again but she doesn't feel that the person she is talking to is the right person though so she is trying to find somebody else.  She is putting herself through a lot between the anxiety she feels when my daughter is being difficult to the extreme guilt she feels afterwards.  On days where she is feeling overly stressed/ anxious she will send me a note asking for me to pray for her that day.  If you all might join in it would be appreciated. 

Psa 94:19 When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul.
Phil 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Anxiety is a lack of faith and or a doubt of certainty in one's position with the Lord and is a sin.  A sin which we all commit at some time or another.  A demon spirit cannot possess a child of God.  Lead your family through strength and through the authority given you in the word.  Prayers sent.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 19, 2017, 07:20:24 PM »
Red Neck, sent you a PM, check it out...

Clarification: I was trying to say influenced, not possessed as I believe I stated...As in it can well be cohabitating, however not in complete control, but having significant influence...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 07:23:52 PM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 21, 2017, 07:51:36 AM »
A friend of mine is just turned 40 and was diagnosed with COPD. He lived pretty hard. Drinking and smoking heavily. He had several minor heart attacks in his 20s and figured he would drop dead any day.  So he just partied all through his 30s. Now he's with a good woman with plans to get married. He's reconnected with his daughter in her early teens. I pray this is finally enough to turn him around. His family has lots of health issues but I believe this is probably self inflicted.
Got more bad news about my wifes aunt. The one in Ohio that we had to go clean out her house last month. She has Brest cancer. Don't have all the details but chemo is not an option. They are going to try some new thing.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 21, 2017, 08:35:55 AM »
So, here's my prayer for her:

Sovereign father, Jehovah Gyria, I petition thee to place knowledge on this afflicted woman and her family. Show them, Father God that they have authority over infirmity bought by the sacrifice and covered by the blood of our savior. We love you Lord and thank you for loving us. We acknowledge and thank you that you gave us such tools to actually minister to ourselves and over those we take authority over as it was set to be in the heavenly realms. Show her and her husband and other family members that sickness is a conquered foe, that we can control such things, although seeming to be miraculous, really just a part of your wonderful plan for us. As the head in heaven rules over the body here in earthly places, the body has hands and feet and fingers and a mouth to do that which the head has given authority to do. Father in the name of Jesus, give this revelation to these people, in the name of precious Jesus I ask it, amen.

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: April 21, 2017, 09:05:48 AM »
Heavenly Father, I lift up Bear's wife and entire family to you.  Please provide her Your peace and comfort.  Lead this family to the right person that You have ordained to help them.

Father, I lift up Jon's friend with health issues.  Please place people in his path to minister to him by example and lead him to a knowledge of You.  Also, Lord, please provide comfort for his aunt with cancer.  We don't know your plan Lord, but submit, knowing that You will reveal it in Your time.

Father, I lift up Dave and his recovery to you. 

Father, we don't always understand what we are going through or why but You know.  Father, You have already given us everything we need in the Holy Spirit.  Give us the faith to realize that and empower Him in our lives.  Please make it plan to us the people that we should be ministering to as we go through issues in our lives because someone is watching us, looking for you.  Thank you for your Grace.

You are enough.  Amen
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 21, 2017, 10:04:43 AM »
Need prayer, guys. can't divulge much but i'm mentally, emotionally and spiritually exhausted. I really need His peace, provision and healing in my fam.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 21, 2017, 10:23:59 AM »
Prayers sent for all.

Tony update: the transplant went well, and he and the donor are doing well.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 21, 2017, 10:40:14 AM »
Guys, you all have always been there for me and mine and I will fervently add you to my prayers. I pray to start seeing a string of praise reports.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 21, 2017, 11:04:14 AM »
I am breathing through my own nose holes today!   Thank you for your continued prayers, may the lord bless those in need with calm hearts, much needed wisdom, understanding and guidance.  Health to those who need.  Amen

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 21, 2017, 11:15:05 AM »
God bless all of you and more prayers for all.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 22, 2017, 05:20:59 PM »
Need prayer, guys. can't divulge much but i'm mentally, emotionally and spiritually exhausted. I really need His peace, provision and healing in my fam.
Got you Brother!

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 29, 2017, 05:38:46 PM »
Bear I will absolutely say some words for her. Let me also add (which she may well know) that lots of therapists aren't worth jack ****. If she's not getting good results she needs to find another one pronto. A bad one who isn't helping can exacerbate the bad as she may say to herself "she can't be fixed or helped" and that's an awful burden added to the other stuff she's struggling with. IMO she needs to keep looking until she finds one that is good. Also there are some good mess for anxiety that can be a help for her in the interim period. Some are SSRI's and some aren't so it's worth looking there as well. Not that it fixes the underlying concerns but it might help her be open to other healing. I look at it like pain mess allowing the body to relax enough to heal from an injury. Good luck. Prayers definitely sent your way.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 04, 2017, 04:21:01 PM »
Just want to take a min and thank everyone and the lord for help the past few weeks.   I am back to gaining weight, back to work, back to play time.   I pray everyone else's mothers, siblings and friends are doing better.  Wife's with depression on the mend.  Bless you brothers in all your endeavors this weekend. May  it be full of sunshine, dry roads, sunsets to remind us why God created this beautiful place. 

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 04, 2017, 04:43:25 PM »
That's good news bigdave. Blessings!

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 04, 2017, 05:25:25 PM »
Thanks Dave, your hearts in the right place for sure.

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 10, 2017, 03:38:55 PM »
Good men of God, please pray with me for my family in another state. Things are spiraling out of control in a very bad way for one of my brothers and unfortunately there is nothing my parents, other brothers or I can do for him. The only one that can do anything that will make a difference is God. So please lift them up in prayer, I hate to watch my parents suffer with my brothers problems. God knows all the details, and can heal all those who are broken.

Thank you guys.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 10, 2017, 04:09:27 PM »
Good luck and prayers for him and all.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 10, 2017, 04:23:03 PM »
Sent for all of the family.
He will help hem through this.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 10, 2017, 04:54:32 PM »
Not privy to the details but I've been through what I believe to be similar situations with family and I pray that God gives him the ability to see himself from others' perspective and grasp what's happening so that he can make a choice.

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #420 on: May 10, 2017, 07:47:35 PM »
I will be praying.  May the Lord place someone in his path, that He has prepared for this moment, to minister to his and the families' needs in this difficult time.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 11, 2017, 03:15:32 PM »
^^^^AMen^^^^^

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 12, 2017, 05:49:43 PM »
Two to add to the list:

Me - had a verbal altercation with the Frau last evening and it wasn't good.  She was determined to "poke the bear" and then wouldn't quit until I roared, then blamed it on me.....not sitting well with either of us.  JUST IN:  I learned my 12.5 yr old daughter just hit the "change" today....I'm cursed....wife at the END and daughter at the BEGINNING and I'm gonna be the punching bag! :facepalm:

Found out my son in Oregon was fired from his job for causing an accident (driving tow truck) and on top of that, his landlord has been collecting rent, but not paying property taxes, so Sheriff's sale is eminent and he and his roomate need to move ASAP with dog and all their toys.  So out of work, about to be out on the street and other issues are deepening his psychological issues enough to worry his sister and I.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 06:15:49 PM by cudakidd53 »
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 12, 2017, 06:14:54 PM »
Mikey,

I imagine the confrontation at home had much if not all to do with your boy's situation? I'm sorry to hear all of this and will be thinking of you all. If you want to PM me his details, I could make some phone calls to some OR customers in need of help?

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 12, 2017, 06:41:50 PM »
I feel for you, mine is going through it now and I hope she is near the end.

Mom goes home Monday, need to keep an I on her for a few days. No driving for a month or so, so will be running around for her too.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 12, 2017, 08:27:20 PM »
CRAP.....I know how dark it is for you right now, breath deep, hold her hand and ask what you can do to help.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 12, 2017, 11:00:12 PM »
We'll pray & you have faith that it will all work out for the better. Good times don't come for the lack of bad times it's the bad times that make the good times great.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 13, 2017, 02:40:04 AM »
Prayers sent cuda. Hard to see our kids go through difficulties, but those challenges hone their steel. Trust he will get through it. I pray he finds the solution quickly. And for you and the wife. Stress of kids definitely can get between you...her fear and you're the "safe target". Sorry to hear that.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 13, 2017, 10:59:15 AM »
Sent.
Definitely a hard spot.
Keep your head up, sorry that you have to go through this.
But like has been said the bad make the good better.

Prayers to all.
Sam

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 17, 2017, 06:23:53 PM »
Well, mom made it less than 2 days at home, now she is back in the hospital. They let her go home to early and there was no need as she is covered well.

Basically she has a 90% blockage on the right artery up to the carodid. 95% oxy saturation. When they cleared the left side and she had the stroke.

She (and I) is getting tired of it all and we looking at options. She is at a fix it or end it mind set and DNR has come up.

Just hoping for the best guys with what we have been dealt.   

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 17, 2017, 06:34:28 PM »
Prayers for your mom and family JR.
It's a tough spot to be in, He has a plan I'm sure.

Take care.
Sam

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 17, 2017, 06:44:03 PM »
Sorry to hear that JR. She and you will be in my prayers tonight.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 17, 2017, 08:42:03 PM »
JR, may He give you the grace to handle this correctly and set the example for your family.  Prayers sent.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 17, 2017, 09:31:52 PM »
Prayers sent JR

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 17, 2017, 09:38:14 PM »
Prayers sent JR

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: May 18, 2017, 10:01:56 AM »
Praying for her now...

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 18, 2017, 10:31:20 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that JR, heartfelt prayers.

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 18, 2017, 11:12:57 AM »
Praying for you and yours, JR. That's a tough spot to be in.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 19, 2017, 01:56:02 AM »
Praying for the best outcome for your mom and you JR.

Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 20, 2017, 09:44:31 AM »
Amen. 

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 23, 2017, 09:50:08 AM »
JR, Lifting up you and your Mom.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 23, 2017, 11:41:50 AM »
Thx guys, this is still up in the air. Trying to tract down what is even going on so treatment can get going vs this circle J*&K.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 26, 2017, 09:03:11 PM »
Hang in there JR and we will continue to pray for you and yours

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 27, 2017, 02:34:28 AM »
Thx again. Wish I could report better. She is OK, but not really doing better. Couple of apt next week to see where we are going.

Wife unit in the ER for a hernia. Was scheduled for surgery in august, but will happen tomorrow now.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 27, 2017, 07:53:54 AM »
Lifting them both up JR.
Sam

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 27, 2017, 09:14:01 AM »
Prayers JR

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 27, 2017, 04:07:22 PM »
Prayers my friend

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 29, 2017, 03:11:50 AM »
Been through that surgery last year. It's not terrible but def not fun.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 29, 2017, 07:04:48 AM »
Prayers for both this morning JR, let us know how it all goes.

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 29, 2017, 09:52:01 AM »
I am lifting you and yours up.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal