PERSONAL READINESS > Self Defense and Tactics

A few notes on light discipline

<< < (3/3)

Higher Caliber:

--- Quote from: Atkinsmatt on May 18, 2015, 07:43:56 AM ---That little saying means rest when you can because in combat, you don't know when you will get more.

--- End quote ---

Right- more importantly however- you should always take an available opportunity to squat on an e tool because it's hard to fight with diaper rash...

I understand the saying now- but then, it was just one of those things someone told you once...

Higher Caliber:

--- Quote from: BobbyB on May 18, 2015, 09:18:05 AM ---
--- Quote from: Higher Caliber on May 18, 2015, 02:23:12 AM ---if you told a grunt, we are moving out in 45 minutes, after our eyes get accustomed to the darkness, you would have literally 50% of your platoon asleep while the other half stood guard for the first 22.5 minutes and then they would swap.... I was once a wee private and had an old crotchety E8 tell me, if you are just standing around you should be sitting, if you are just sitting around you should be laying down, if you are laying down you just as well be sleeping... not sure what he was getting at really, but we were in a relatively docile training box... so I decided to take a nap while my battle kept an eye out... only to awake four minutes later getting my face ripped off because my battle had clocked out too... I should have known better...  I tried to relay the story the master sgt had relayed but he couldn't hear me because he was still screaming too loud...

--- End quote ---

Or more realistically, you'd have the experienced guys sleeping, some individuals would be smoking, the LTs would be messing around with some thing or another IOT appear important, some people would be standing around with their hands in their "air force gloves", and the NEW guys wouldn't know what to do..

--- Quote from: Atkinsmatt on May 18, 2015, 07:43:56 AM ---That little saying means rest when you can because in combat, you don't know when you will get more.

--- End quote ---

Those 20 minute cat naps work wonders don't they..

--- End quote ---
The LT's are developing a new PT belt reflectivity test as a mitigation for their risk assessment matrix, which they will undoubtedly be given a bronze star for!

BobbyB:

--- Quote from: Higher Caliber on May 18, 2015, 02:24:49 PM ---The LT's are developing a new PT belt reflectivity test as a mitigation for their risk assessment matrix, which they will undoubtedly be given a bronze star for!

--- End quote ---

Awards only come after successfully integrating the plan and making a PowerPoint presentation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version