FOOD CORNER > Cooking equipment

Traeger

(1/7) > >>

stlaser:
So I finished our deck a week or so ago. Still need to complete landscaping around it but that will be towards fall when I undertake that process. As I built & designed the deck area I wanted a place for our current grill & a new addition. We were originally thinking a black stone cooktop like Nate has but then just purchased a cast Webber plate for our current grill to do bacon etc. so now I'm looking at all options & keep coming back to the Traeger line of products. Also looked at this green eggs (not really interested) & other wood smokers. Anyone using a Traeger?

Dawg25385:
I am using Traeger, was literally just talking to Nate about this. The new ones aren't built nearly as well. Thinner steel, etc. Mine is 8 years old, and still performs flawlessly.

Look for a used Traeger Big Tex. That's what I'd do if you wanted Traeger. I have the lil Tex and would trade up if presented the opportunity. I'm always watching craigslist/offer up for one. My $.02.

There are lots of other pellet cookers out there too, fwiw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stlaser:
I also heard (not sure if it's true) there are big differences on the Traeger from one store to next. Say a Costco versus a local mom & pop type store who sells them. But with that stated I did hear the newer China stuff is junk.....

Dawg25385:
Yeah, well Traeger Co has been sold a couple times recently. The new stuff is all china man stuff. I believe mine was made in Oregon, it's one of the "good ones". I have heard the new Costco ones rusting out after a few years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nate:
so let me ask you this shawn,

you have a gas grill with a cast plate for it, what are you wanting to do with the new cooker............?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version