VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Tires, Wheels, and Suspension

Cooper MTPs for the Dmax

<< < (2/8) > >>

rpar86:

--- Quote from: JR on September 04, 2018, 09:11:50 PM ---Another reason why I pulled the lever now. Got 15% and may get another $50. Plus the rear tires are under 1/8th, one front has a 1/4.

--- End quote ---

Yeah I probably could have milked them a bit longer, but with winter rain coming it is probably best. I had 3/32's left on the rears at the end of July and then took a 3000 mile road trip the first week of August. Since there was so little tread, it was hard to get a perfect balance on them (or so they told me) and I fought a shimmy in the steering wheel for most of the trip. Wasn't so bad once I hit 80mph, but 60-65 was pretty bad. Seemed to get better by the end... or I was just so numb I didn't notice it.

Bigdave_185:
Well where is the photos?

What lift do you have to put on that truck?

Why are you going taller? You know that makes it hard to get in right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JR:

--- Quote from: Bigdave_185 on September 04, 2018, 09:41:41 PM ---Well where is the photos?

What lift do you have to put on that truck?

Why are you going taller? You know that makes it hard to get in right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Dang Dave, want, want, want!!!!!!!!!

Lifted 3 now, putting on a 4/6 NTD which I have now and power steps. Shackle flip the rear.

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: JR on September 04, 2018, 06:59:11 PM ---Dropped a grand on a set of Cooper Discoverer MTPs 37/12.50-17 today. Will be that much after rebates and 9 months same as cash helps.

Won't go on right away, still have some tread left and the lift still has to go on. Hopefully this will push me to get it going as it needs a regear the same time (3:73 to 4:56).

So for I like the coopers and reviews are good on this as well. Better hwy use without loosing off road grip.

--- End quote ---
JR,

I can testify that the 4.56 gear I run with the 37's works well. My mileage and power are both good.

I think you could get away with 4.10 with a tune and transmission reprogramming to hold gears longer, like with the tow mode, but the 4.56 would work, and you'll be amazed at how it feels, like the truck is lightweight.

JR:
Yep, 4.3 would be perfect but not made. I don't even use 6th right now, so the 4.56 will rev faster also and probably keep my same cruise RPM.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version