Hello Guest

Author Topic: FN 5.7  (Read 1840 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
FN 5.7
« on: September 30, 2016, 09:15:43 AM »
Not that I need another caliber but thought this was good info for those looking, guessing recoil is more tame than a larger diameter for the ladies possibly?

http://www.captainsjournal.com/2016/09/27/fn-5-7-and-the-army-handgun-competition/
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
Re: FN 5.7
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 09:37:54 AM »
Yes tame recoil, more rounds in the mag, easy to shoot. I've shot one, it's ok, but not the greatest thing ever like some people make it out to be. Plus the rounds aren't that easy to find in most places.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 11:56:55 AM »
Iirc there was some trouble finding the original higher powered rounds. Something about them being so fast and so small they would defeat soft armor. The bull pup 5.7 I shot held a silly amount of ammo in that top mounted mag too. But ammo ain't cheap or really barter worthy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 11:59:27 AM »
Iirc there was some trouble finding the original higher powered rounds. Something about them being so fast and so small they would defeat soft armor. The bull pup 5.7 I shot held a silly amount of ammo in that top mounted mag too. But ammo ain't cheap or really barter worthy

I wanted to try out the P90, but never got the chance. Oh well, one day I'll stumble upon a range that has one and will let me spend money to shoot tiny bullets at a paper target.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 12:39:01 PM »
I really wanted a 5.7 and almost pulled the trigger a couple years ago. From what I read, they weren't allowed inthe US because of the ability to penetrate armor, but once "hunting" rounds became available, they lifted the ban. I think any pistol that shoots a (small) rifle round is way cool.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 06:18:40 PM »
I came close on the P90 but the stupid amount of money the extra mags cost turned me off. Now I'm into standardization it's more of a potential novelty.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal