GENERAL TOPICS > Adventure

Truck Box Camping

(1/9) > >>

Flyin6:
You may or may not have seen the threads I am posting on where I have purchased a Jeep Gladiator and am beginning to explore around the Daniel Boone National Forest. Although I am currently doing day-out/night return trips, I want to be able to extend to multi-night outings. There is a nice loop that requires at least two days, but better three that starts in Jellico Tennessee, and ends way up in central Kentucky. It actually ends not too terribly far from my farm. It's around 250 miles, all off-road from what I can see which would require three days and two nights on the trail. Some camp the additional night at the trailhead, either end to get an early start or after a long day at the end instead of having to air back up, clean up and hit the road for the drive to civilization.

I am currently investigating just how to do that, whether it be clamping on a bed-mounted canopy with a rooftop tent or buying an overland Adventure Camper, I've yet to decide.

On the big end and coming in around $34,500, here's my current top pick:

https://ok4wd.com/camping-overland/campers-canopys-and-tents/alu-cab-2-sleeper-khaya-camper

Bigdave_185:
Didn’t you build a very capable tow behind for this purpose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wyorunner:

--- Quote from: Bigdave_185 on December 04, 2022, 06:03:07 PM ---Didn’t you build a very capable tow behind for this purpose?

--- End quote ---
He did, yes. But for a vehicle with more whomp than the jeepiator!

On that, four wheel campers make a phenomenal product, albeit pricey. Also, eezi-awn make great roof top tents. Have owned some version of both brands, and would do so again in a heart beat. Not sure if FWC makes anything for the fladioart bed but probably so, as it’s close to a tacoMa bed.

Bigdave_185:

--- Quote from: wyorunner on December 04, 2022, 08:47:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bigdave_185 on December 04, 2022, 06:03:07 PM ---Didn’t you build a very capable tow behind for this purpose?

--- End quote ---
He did, yes. But for a vehicle with more whomp than the jeepiator!

On that, four wheel campers make a phenomenal product, albeit pricey. Also, eezi-awn make great roof top tents. Have owned some version of both brands, and would do so again in a heart beat. Not sure if FWC makes anything for the fladioart bed but probably so, as it’s close to a tacoMa bed.

--- End quote ---
I’ll bet that little trailer is under 3k

TexasRedNeck:
880 pounds plus gear ? Edmunds says capacity is 892. That’s not much gear and extra fuel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version