Hello Guest

Author Topic: Our Christmas support 2016  (Read 9770 times)

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
Re: Our Christmas support 2016
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2016, 08:41:39 AM »
This has made my Christmas Special. Thank you for running point on this one Don.

Merry Christmas.
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2016, 11:56:01 AM »
Great job, Don! Merry Christmas to all!
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2016, 01:29:43 PM »
Ditto's on that guys!

I like those Bibles, kids have their own.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2016, 02:12:34 PM »
being away from family at the moment (not long.. just worn for a bit) and thinking about what i get to go back to in a couple days.. made me tear up for these families. every year my parents (mom mostly) asks me what i want for christmas. my answer has always been 'mom i don't need anything' (and she knows that.. we've all be on overseas mission trips and seen what 'without' looks like).. and not many ppl here (USA) are in that situation. but when you hear and see it in your backyard.. it makes you so greatdul for what you have. and i just had another one of those realizations.  lovely fiancé, a house, cars, tools, toys, clothes.. and food is never a concern.

i picked this thread up too late it seems.. but will be more on top of it for other occasions. don, you're right. no child, no innocent child.. should go without when we are beyond blessed. i think the best part about the whole idea, is just the girls knowing someone out 'there' cares for them. bc they have only received it from one person, and one of them isn't even a parent.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2016, 06:51:04 PM »
My hardy thank you to all who sent gifts, money, or prayed for these folks. If you want to participate still, I'll keep this open until the end of the month. I plan on zeroing out the account to pay rent for one or both of them.

But please do not (anyone) feel guilty for not giving. This does not work that way.

If I may, Father. God places needs on different peoples hearts. When you feel like you really should get involved in something, then you should pray and ask if the spirit is telling you to do something. If the feeling persists, well, if I were you, I'd heed the call.

Remember you can't out give God. I guarantee you, something very good is coming back to you, but don't give because you want something. Give because you are being faithful and obedient to the call of our Lord.

Another way of looking at it, is if you were prompted to give, then obviously God has placed in your hands the ability to give. Everything is his, everything.

But after praying and getting quiet about giving you don't hear or feel that prompting, then don't give, there is no need to. You see, Father God did not abandon these girls. He made my wife, then me, then all of you aware of the situation, then placed on your heart the desire to do something. And you did. So in reality, God had, and has his people covered. These girls are on his heart. It may be their time, I don't know, but I know we were supposed to play a part in this.

So this Christmas, know in your heart that you made a real tangible difference in the lives of these two families.

Don't know about you, but I am blessed already

I feel good!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2016, 11:03:00 PM »
Got them wrapped

And we continue to receive donations. So as of today, I have over $350 to give to one of the family's rent for Jan!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2016, 11:21:00 PM »
Tell the wife she does a lovely job wrapping presents, no way we believe you did that!
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2016, 11:24:00 PM »
Tell the wife she does a lovely job wrapping presents, no way we believe you did that!
Serious bro, I did that!

Bottom and sides look pretty rough. Got one good side and that is up!

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2016, 11:45:08 PM »
That's a nice bunch of packages, so glad so many chipped in to make this happen, and for you spearheading.
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2016, 07:55:14 AM »
That's a great pile o presents! Merry Christmas to a family who needs it. Kudos to everyone here and to Don for finding the need and making it happen. May their 2017 be blessed beyond what's on the table!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2016, 08:40:52 AM »
Hats off to the men who stood the gap here!

Go tell someone that they know someone special!!!!!!!!

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2016, 02:01:17 PM »
That's a great pile o presents! Merry Christmas to a family who needs it. Kudos to everyone here and to Don for finding the need and making it happen. May their 2017 be blessed beyond what's on the table!

Amen!

And good job on the present wrapping, Don!
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2016, 05:58:45 PM »
Thank you genemens!

The gifts are officially on site IVO two unsuspecting little girls. Did the deed early this very afternoon. Used the two pre-Rangers to clear a path and secure the drop zone. Then we inserted the precious cargo, went into a retrograde operation, then disappeared like ghosts into the night!

MC!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2016, 06:22:55 PM »
Thank you genemens!

The gifts are officially on site IVO two unsuspecting little girls. Did the deed early this very afternoon. Used the two pre-Rangers to clear a path and secure the drop zone. Then we inserted the precious cargo, went into a retrograde operation, then disappeared like ghosts into the night!

MC!

Allow me to translate..

Thank you genemens! = Thank you gentlemen (the donors)

The gifts are officially on site IVO two unsuspecting little girls = The gifts are at the apartments, kids are unsuspecting.

Did the deed early this very afternoon = Early afternoon the gifts were delivered.

Used the two pre-Rangers to clear a path and secure the drop zone = The boys were lookouts and were to act as a distraction... mostly lookouts.

Then we inserted the precious cargo, went into a retrograde operation, then disappeared like ghosts into the night! = Dropped the presents off, left the apartments, went back home (probably) without making a scene.

MC! = All done, including posting on RMTWS.com

« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 06:55:01 PM by BobbyB »
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2016, 06:41:31 PM »
^^^You're good, Bro...That was good!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2016, 06:53:06 PM »

Isn't the first time I've had to translate officer speak.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2016, 07:26:26 PM »

Isn't that the truth!!!!!!!!!!
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2016, 04:07:39 PM »

LOL!!!
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2016, 05:52:42 PM »

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2016, 06:24:37 PM »
Any photo-journalistic results? I assume all went well.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2016, 06:25:58 PM »
LOL!!!

You know it's true.
Yep! That's why I LOLed. LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2016, 06:26:16 PM »
x2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2016, 10:57:01 PM »
No, no photos...Darn!

I was hoping Kat would get some, but both girls are out with some relative or getting shuffled about. Sadie just got back and she was really happy with getting her things!

Unfortunately, Bella's Grand dad died Christmas eve and she is still with the family. Her dad did call Kat and thanked her very much for the things, but little Bella isn't home and hasn't seen her things yet. BTW, that is the family we just paid $350 toward their rent for Jan, so that will undoubtedly turn out to be a needed blessing.

Man, when it rains, it pours!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2016, 07:34:29 AM »
No, no photos...Darn!

I was hoping Kat would get some, but both girls are out with some relative or getting shuffled about. Sadie just got back and she was really happy with getting her things!

Unfortunately, Bella's Grand dad died Christmas eve and she is still with the family. Her dad did call Kat and thanked her very much for the things, but little Bella isn't home and hasn't seen her things yet. BTW, that is the family we just paid $350 toward their rent for Jan, so that will undoubtedly turn out to be a needed blessing.

Hope the Grandfather knew Christ.  For all we know, this might be a inroads to Bella and her father coming to know The Lord.....prayers for them both.
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2016, 08:57:15 AM »
No, no photos...Darn!

Hope the Grandfather knew Christ.  For all we know, this might be a inroads to Bella and her father coming to know The Lord.....prayers for them both.
I do think this was all brought our way because of the seeds we plant. Who knows, may be harvest time comin' up!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2017, 08:30:57 AM »
Any follow-up on "our girls" and their families?

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2017, 06:58:17 PM »
Well, it was a bit strange.

Bella's family had a Christmas death which chenged that all up

Both girls parents showed up and thanked Kathy, although one of them could not for the life of him figure out why anyone would do that. (Comes from not knowing a loving father is my guess)

So I asked Kat to reach out to both girls. She did, going over to their apartments. Sadie's parent thanked us a lot. He said had it not been for us, Sadie would not have known a Christmas. Her favorite gift was/is her bed spread, she just loves snugglin' up in it.

Not much else heard from the other parent. I have a strong suspicion that he fears his daughter's exposure to the "Religious kook" thing. Not solid proof, I just feel that way.
He doesn't get God, in fact is pretty angry with him, best I can tell.

And none of that matters. We are not to give based on what we get out of it, we are just supposed to plant seeds and help the least of his. And that is exactly what we did.

MC...

And I'll wager there is a lot more coming out of this before we sign out of this existence...

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2017, 10:36:06 PM »
It'll all work together for HIS purpose - glad we could be a part of whatever that is!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2017, 01:06:53 PM »
can we get a 1 year update on this please?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2017, 05:20:54 PM »
What Nate said... ^^^^  Do they need any help this year?   :smiley:
Mike

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2017, 07:32:26 PM »
What Nate said... ^^^^  Do they need any help this year?   :smiley:
Well, the girls had a Christmas, and they were happy and relieved, I think. It would have been bad for them to have to listen to all their classmates talk about all the nice things they got and these ladies not. But that was not the case.

Better yet, it just broke that one dad right down. He was hating God, I think, you know blaming God for all the misery on his life. But amidst all of that, you people reached into that forgotten little corner of America and showed him real Christian love. He came to my wife in tears. He knew that she must have tipped someone or had involvement, but Kath never acknowledged. He swallowed his pride and asked if she could tell whoever, thankyou. She didn't/couldn't admit to anything, it would have cost her the very job that made this knowledge and contacts possible.

She was transferred to a much larger property and we lost contact with those girls who are on the other side of the Ohio river from us now. I am learning about these new girls now. Whether they have any support system, or if momma makes anything or is like everyone else and is struggling. If its the latter, I'd say they would be strong candidates for the same sort of thing as last year. But this year we are going to smash that old record. I want to say we spent something around a grand on food, gifts and rent. I'd like to see the Lord send two to three times that much so we could reach out to several people in need.

We'll see

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2017, 09:49:40 AM »
Thanks for the update. Hopefully the spark of kindness will last a long time.
Mike

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal